SlumlordKiller

Tyrone, PA

#1 Oct 21, 2013
Anybody know or rent from this slumlord? I swear the guy is renting out illegal rentals.In one apartment I hear he only has two space heaters for heat,and black mold is growing in them as well! Slumlord!
mountie

Du Bois, PA

#2 Oct 21, 2013
sounds like keith blake now thats a slum lord
looking to rent

State College, PA

#3 Apr 13, 2015
I have rented off both. Rich is currently charging $550/m and through the winter there was ice on the inside of our appartment and the place is literally falling in. Blake isn't as bad as Rich, though, bc the owners will fork up SOME money for things that may kill someone if not fixed... He managed the apartments by he bar by Front St & W. Presqueisle... Neither are willing to fix much but Rich is very cheap and both are power hungry. While living there at Rich's prop., the heating bill was $320/m and I still got pneumonia. No insulation or sealed windows... These guys should be ashamed of themselves. Rich doesn't care that there are elderly and children living in his property, they only want the money & no upkeep or responsibility for the properties. Having large dog is the only reason I've rented off of both. It's very hard to find ANY pet friendly decent rentals in the immediate area but must remain here for family & work.
knownsource

Philipsburg, PA

#4 May 19, 2015
I know Richard Hughes is a slumlord. He and his wife, Kathy, have several nasty apartments in the Philipsburg area that they don't give a crap about. I heard they're even infested with bed bugs. From what I've heard though is that they're millionaires from their engineering business in Clearfield and could care less how their tenants live.
Drew

Tyrone, PA

#5 May 20, 2015
knownsource wrote:
I know Richard Hughes is a slumlord. He and his wife, Kathy, have several nasty apartments in the Philipsburg area that they don't give a crap about. I heard they're even infested with bed bugs. From what I've heard though is that they're millionaires from their engineering business in Clearfield and could care less how their tenants live.
That is a shame.Why are they allowed to get away with that? I would think one can call and complain,they can't be legal to rent out.They should not be allowed to rent them out then.
slum

Philipsburg, PA

#6 May 20, 2015
They are probably tired of scummy people trashing thier property and know a low life when they see one.
Punch holes in the wall, let dogs and cats take a dump everythwere. Throw up on the carpeting, party and have a grand time while destroying what others have paid for.
Then try to blame being in the war and having ptsd for everything.
It's no wonder landlords don't want to rent to certain people and they are forced to go to slums. Act like you live in a slum, that's all you will be.
Drew

Tyrone, PA

#7 May 20, 2015
slum wrote:
They are probably tired of scummy people trashing thier property and know a low life when they see one.
Punch holes in the wall, let dogs and cats take a dump everythwere. Throw up on the carpeting, party and have a grand time while destroying what others have paid for.
Then try to blame being in the war and having ptsd for everything.
It's no wonder landlords don't want to rent to certain people and they are forced to go to slums. Act like you live in a slum, that's all you will be.
Richard,is that you? lol! Yeah,I see what you are saying here,and I agree that if you are a freaking slob,and choose to live in such a manner,then by all means,that is their own doing.But,you also should not be able to rent out an illegal property,and expect people to keep paying to live it.
orson

Philipsburg, PA

#8 May 20, 2015
slum wrote:
They are probably tired of scummy people trashing thier property and know a low life when they see one.
Punch holes in the wall, let dogs and cats take a dump everythwere. Throw up on the carpeting, party and have a grand time while destroying what others have paid for.
Then try to blame being in the war and having ptsd for everything.
It's no wonder landlords don't want to rent to certain people and they are forced to go to slums. Act like you live in a slum, that's all you will be.
That's why they should do credit and background checks on future tenants who apply for a rental. They could also implement a no pet policy and increase the rent and security deposit to keep out the low lifes but they don't care. They bring it on themselves by not screening more carefully and having an ironclad lease. They rent to a specific type of crowd so they shouldn't be surprised when they have to spend 10 grand to exterminate bedbugs.
Drew

Tyrone, PA

#9 May 20, 2015
orson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why they should do credit and background checks on future tenants who apply for a rental. They could also implement a no pet policy and increase the rent and security deposit to keep out the low lifes but they don't care. They bring it on themselves by not screening more carefully and having an ironclad lease. They rent to a specific type of crowd so they shouldn't be surprised when they have to spend 10 grand to exterminate bedbugs.
Yes,they need to do background checks for sure.And the landlords need to upkeep their property!
slum

Philipsburg, PA

#10 May 20, 2015
Drew wrote:
<quoted text>
Richard,is that you? lol! Yeah,I see what you are saying here,and I agree that if you are a freaking slob,and choose to live in such a manner,then by all means,that is their own doing.But,you also should not be able to rent out an illegal property,and expect people to keep paying to live it.
No, I'm not Richard.
I'm a person who is fed up with how people treat others property. Lazy no good for nothings who want a palace for $200 and not be responsible for then they trash the place.
slum

Philipsburg, PA

#11 May 20, 2015
orson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why they should do credit and background checks on future tenants who apply for a rental. They could also implement a no pet policy and increase the rent and security deposit to keep out the low lifes but they don't care. They bring it on themselves by not screening more carefully and having an ironclad lease. They rent to a specific type of crowd so they shouldn't be surprised when they have to spend 10 grand to exterminate bedbugs.
Tennants have far too many rights and loopholes when it comes to renting.
Punch a few holes in the walls then cry The war made me crazy, I'm not responsible. PTSD!!
The beer made me an addict.
It's not my fault I vomited all over the floor and left it all up to you to clean up!!
Drew

Tyrone, PA

#12 May 20, 2015
slum wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not Richard.
I'm a person who is fed up with how people treat others property. Lazy no good for nothings who want a palace for $200 and not be responsible for then they trash the place.
That is why you do background checks.Not saying that it will help 100% But,it would indeed help a great deal.If your property looks like crap,who are you going to rent to? Then if you are too cheap or too stupid to do any kind of background checks on people,what do you expect? If you take care of your property and it looks decent along with actually taking time to weed people out instead of just getting anybody up in there for money.These slumlords would have a better time,and in the process not have to worry so much about slobs.
orson

Philipsburg, PA

#13 May 20, 2015
slum wrote:
<quoted text>Tennants have far too many rights and loopholes when it comes to renting.
Punch a few holes in the walls then cry The war made me crazy, I'm not responsible. PTSD!!
The beer made me an addict.
It's not my fault I vomited all over the floor and left it all up to you to clean up!!
Yeh, that part would suck ass, I'd never want to be a landlord. I take care of my house I rent because I'm afraid my landlord would come after me but You're never sure if someone would take care of your property or not. You'd think most landlords would know that those kind of people come with the territory and be more selective about who they rent to unless they just don't care.
slum

Altoona, PA

#14 May 21, 2015
orson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeh, that part would suck ass, I'd never want to be a landlord. I take care of my house I rent because I'm afraid my landlord would come after me but You're never sure if someone would take care of your property or not. You'd think most landlords would know that those kind of people come with the territory and be more selective about who they rent to unless they just don't care.
The problem is, it's hard to tell the good people from the scum.
You see a guy and think, Oh he has a job, he actually fought for our country. He is polite and well spoken. He knows how to hide who he really is and manipulate people.
You try to kick him out and he screams IRAQ WAR VETERAN! PTSD PTSD! You can't kick me out!
You look like a person who doesn't support veterans. You look awful. Instantly the public thinks you are wrong and are the scum.
Finally I was able to get rid of this one guy but was left with a huge mess that his rent didn't even cover. I'm out money. I'm forced to clean up his tirade and try to recoup the money I lost by asking for more money from the next people. I end up looking like a slumlord while the scum who made my property a slum for the next person. He walks away looking clean as a whistle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philipsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sara Bobbert 8 hr bobbin for dicks 10
Shame on the Mayor 17 hr OM Burro 24
sharon moore Sun fed up 1
John Natalie motorhome mishap (Sep '13) Jul 29 getwellsoon 7
News Philipsburg-Osceola school board cuts five jobs... (Jun '13) Jul 26 Haterpage22 2
Child Molesters Delivering The Progress? Jul 25 Chuck 15
News Obituary Notice: John W. Steiner Jul 16 Wanda Street 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Philipsburg Mortgages