BobTheManoftheHo ur

Clarksburg, WV

#21 Apr 15, 2013
Well (to my dismay) I can tell you that your children are in the wrong profession because this career is not a job.. It's a lifestyle. This is not a career to choose because "there is nothing else out there". That is a disrespect to the badge if you ask me. I can tell you that with a mindset like that, they would have a difficult time making it through the WVSPAcademy. Also if anyone has issues.. Topix isn't really the place to discuss them. If you're upset about Rg and the way he does things.. Go make a formal complaint. I'm for punishing officers that do wrong, but crying on the Internet is sort of childish. Also ask your children if they had been on the firing range at the academy. If they have, they'll be able to explain to you that when we do unholster our duty weapon we are always aware what is behind our target. If I wasn't working between 6-7 days a night for 10 hours a shift I would participate in extracurricular activities with the public. Sorry we don't have banker or school teacher hours. Maybe once we get fully staffed, we all can take some holidays and go on vacation together and you guys can get to know me. For now I'm headed to the gym though. I love you guys and will see ya in 5 hours (:
I know what I know

United States

#22 Apr 15, 2013
BobTheManoftheHour wrote:
<quoted text> you only know what you think you know. End of s.tory
. We'll see
BLUE GRAY GHOST

United States

#23 Apr 15, 2013
@BobTheManoftheHo ur; In reply to your basic question of whether I am a mean or a nice ghost, maybe this post will strengthen your perception as I am quite sure that you have already determined my demeanor.
Let me first address your initial statement; "Tigers don't lose sleep by the Opinion of sheep", which actually reveals more about your personality than maybe you intended.
So instead of referring to yourself as a sheepherder guarding your flock (which is actually what you are)you stated you were in fact a "tiger" which of course could care less for any opinion of his potential prey. Is that not what sheep are to a Tiger; nothing more than prey to be dominated, controlled and eaten at the discretion of the Tiger, a lesser mammal in every sense of the animal world. Although I should be surprised by your statement, I am not as the complaints about your behavior have alluded to just that mentality. A mentality that places you above the very people you are meant to protect. The very same mentality that is described in the DSM IV as associated with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD). I of course am not stating that you have this disorder but in fact, merely demonstrating the correlation between your own statement and the psychological disorder that most professionals would include in a differential diagnosis; that is if you were to have a mental evaluation. This is of course merely hypothetical but quite possibly true.
With that said, I will conclude my assessment and I am most certain my post will have answered whether I am mean or nice. Have a good evening officer!
Philip Mayle

Morgantown, WV

#24 Apr 15, 2013
After this page was pointed out to me by my dad, I am taking it upon myself to clear up any misconceptions. I am not here to proclaim innocence, only state facts. after being followed and harrased two ther times and him finding nothing in searches he was determined detain me no matter the cost. on that sunday morning me and 2 buddies were turning in to the covered bridge, the back tires were low, causing the car to be shifted, which caused me to hit the curb before the bridge and there were no oncoming cars, nor did i strike the bridge. Gillis even confirmed later on that there was no damage to the bridge. I pulled in sheetz and thats when my nightmare began. I was told to get the fuck out of the car get the fuck on the ground with a gun pointed in my face. His ride along cuffed my buddy, thats when my back seat passenger stuck his head out and asked them what they wanted him to do and they told him to get the fuck on the ground. Moments later when Gillis showed up, we asked him to loosen the handcuffs because they were cutting our wrist, and he did. my buddy begged Gillis to ask him to stop being so rough. then he said he was going to tell the mayor and the officer said fuck the mayor instead of them offering a roadside assist for the flat tires we were treated like dirtbags. i was given a breathalyzer and passed with a .000, Gillis confirmed that then he took me to the Sheriffs dept and gave me another breathalyzer and I blew .000, he gave me a heal to toe sobriety test which I cant pass that anytime, due to vertigo caused by repeat ear infections. i was given the eye test, and passed. Without being read my rights we went to broaddus where he made the comment that if Gillis dont make them have the car towed him and Gillis were gonna have trouble! then to regional. One of my charges was leaving the scene of an accident with property damage, and there was no damage to the car or the bridge besides the tires. He claims we were in an accident, yet never asked us if we needed medical attention. On the way to TVRJ he DID in fact conduct a traffic stop on Corridor H with no Randolph county officers around. Thats when I began to fear for my safety, how easy would it have been for the subject he stopped to open fire at the cruiser with me handcuffed and helpless in the backseat. Had this officer come in to this town with an open mind rather then a greater than thou attitude, he would have known I dont even have so much as a traffic infraction, I owned my own home, and worked in the public at the same job for 12 years. So i guess I am not your everyday ordinary dirtbag! Am I angry at this officer, absolutely not, because if someone is out there really raising Hell we can count on him to get the job done. However I am angered by his actions and lack of respect for the people he works for, and with, and also the lack of respect for the people of Barbour County! You will probably never see me on this forum, because I would rather deal with things in a civil and proper manner. However it is my God given right to state facts regarding myself!

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#25 Apr 15, 2013
Well officer Bob, your opinion of my step kids is based merely on speculation. It is up to them why they want to be officers, maybe they have encountered corrupt ones, like the ones Philip Mayle talked of. I clearly stated they live in another state, Detroit MI, to be exact, so the WVSPA you spoke of is irrelevant to me. As far as them disrespecting the badge, I am almost certain that when you claimed you were going to clean this town up, you disrespected every owner of a badge. You doubted them as an officer, by arrogantly thinking someone like you could clean this town up. Were they not doing a good enough job before you came? if not you know what to do, go file a formal complaint!! Instead of going on a vacation with us, how about you and your ride along do a community meet and greet and introduce yourselves formally to us thugs of Barbour county, after all you are not from here, so wouldnt you like to know what kind of people you are working against. Your analogies are stupid and only try to deter people from the issue at hand which is obviously police misconduct,(even when you are out of jurisdiction in Randolph county) and misuse of authority!!!
BobTheManoftheHo ur

Roanoke, VA

#26 Apr 15, 2013
to my dismay wrote:
Well officer Bob, your opinion of my step kids is based merely on speculation. It is up to them why they want to be officers, maybe they have encountered corrupt ones, like the ones Philip Mayle talked of. I clearly stated they live in another state, Detroit MI, to be exact, so the WVSPA you spoke of is irrelevant to me. As far as them disrespecting the badge, I am almost certain that when you claimed you were going to clean this town up, you disrespected every owner of a badge. You doubted them as an officer, by arrogantly thinking someone like you could clean this town up. Were they not doing a good enough job before you came? if not you know what to do, go file a formal complaint!! Instead of going on a vacation with us, how about you and your ride along do a community meet and greet and introduce yourselves formally to us thugs of Barbour county, after all you are not from here, so wouldnt you like to know what kind of people you are working against. Your analogies are stupid and only try to deter people from the issue at hand which is obviously police misconduct,(even when you are out of jurisdiction in Randolph county) and misuse of authority!!!
I had to make that traffic stop that night to ensure that there was not another criminal on the roads driving under the influence of oxycodone, or any of the other controlled substances. I acted in good faith which allows me to do what I did. If you would like to meet myself and my partner (Op) feel free to swing by Church st. I'd be glad to meet whoever..(:
to my dismay

Morgantown, WV

#27 Apr 15, 2013
Why are you writing this under my post? I don't care about oxycodone, why was this even brought up. Are you referring to the traffic stop on 33, once again I will ask are you doubting Randolph county officers? Did you make them do field sobriety tests with a suspect in the back. Why are you so indirect? Why can't you just comment on the real issues at hand. It doesn't sound as you were acting in good faith by conducting a stop with a prisoner in the back. Why did you contradict yourself by trying to manipulate us in to feeling like idiots for getting on this forum, yet you are the one on duty as of 2200 hours and your indirect comments are still going strong.
on the road

United States

#28 Apr 15, 2013
So my eyes didn't deceive me that night, I didn't see any hand cuffs or anything so I assumed it was someone with car trouble. But now I know that was not the case.didn't an earlier post say the first thing he ask for in a stop was drugs?
OtagalogP

Bridgeport, WV

#29 Apr 15, 2013
A Policeman is a composite of what all men are, mingling of a saint and sinner, dust and deity.

Gulled statistics wave the fan over the stinkers, underscore instances of dishonesty and brutality because they are "NEW". What they really mean is that they are exceptional, unusual, not commonplace.

Buried under the frost is the fact: Less than one-half of one percent of policemen misfit the uniform. That's a better average than you'd find among clergymen !

What is a policeman made of? He, of all men, is once the most needed and the most unwanted. He's a strangely nameless creature who is "sir" to his face and "fuzz" to his back

He must be such a diplomat that he can settle differences between individuals so that each will think he won.

But...If the policeman is neat, he's conceited; if he's careless, he's a bum. If he's pleasant, he's flirting;if not, he's a grouch.

He must make an instant decision which would require months for a lawyer to make.

But...If he hurries, he's careless; if he's deliberate, he's lazy. He must be first to an accident and infallible with his diagnosis. He must be able to start breathing, stop bleeding, tie splints and, above all, be sure the victim goes home without a limp. Or expect to be sued.

The police officer must know every gun, draw on the run, and hit where it doesn't hurt.He must be able to whip two men twice his size and half his age without damaging his uniform and without being "brutal". If you hit him, he's a coward. If he hits you, he's a bully.

A policeman must know everything-and not tell. He must know where all the sin is and not partake.

A policeman must, from a single strand of hair, be able to describe the crime, the weapon and the criminal- and tell you where the criminal is hiding.

But...If he catches the criminal, he's lucky; if he doesn't, he's a dunce. If he gets promoted, he has political pull; if he doesn't, he's a dullard. The policeman must chase a bum lead to a dead-end, stake out ten nights to tag one witness who saw it happen-but refused to remember.

The policeman must be a minister, a social worker, a diplomat, a tough guy and a gentleman.

And, of course, he'd have to be genius....For he will have to feed a family on a policeman's salary.

Uncle Paul said it best
OtagalongP

Bridgeport, WV

#30 Apr 15, 2013
I am the police, and I'm here to arrest you. You've broken the law. I did not write the law. I may disagree with the law but I will enforce it. No matter how you plead, cajole, beg or attempt to stir my sympathy. Nothing you do will stop me from placing you in a steel cage with gray bars. If you run away I will chase you. If you fight me I will fight back. If you shoot at me I will shoot back. By law I am unable to walk away. I am a consequence. I am the unpaid bill. I am fate with a badge and a gun. Behind my badge is a heart like yours. I bleed, I think, I love, and yes I can be killed. And although I am but one man, I have thousands of brothers and sisters who are the same as me. They will lay down their lives for me and I them. We stand watch together. The thin-blue-line, protecting the prey from the predators, the good from the bad. We are the police.
OtagalongP

Bridgeport, WV

#31 Apr 15, 2013
I've had the pleasure of knowing Bob, and I will say I do not believe I've EVER heard him doubt another officer.. Have you ?. Possibly his statement on cleaning up Philippi means his "Watch" will not allow drugs, and thugs..

Watch- A person or GROUP of people serving, especially at night, to guard or protect.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#32 Apr 15, 2013
BLUE GRAY GHOST wrote:
To add some information; An officer may pull his firearm during a traffic stop when the said officer deems a threat to his safety is present. If no threat is present, than he is utilizing tactics that are threatening, coercive and excessive force at the least as well as other issues that could be addressed in a court of law. Now with that said; the officer is the one that makes a judgement call based on his/her perception of the situation. So essentially the said officer has an extended leeway in his favor. Of course if there is no presence of danger and it can be proved than there is sufficient cause for a lawsuit, which Philippi nor Barbour County could afford.
I for one would recommend that any person who has a concern take several steps to assure their rights under the law.
1. Install a dash cam that records both video and audio. There are many on the market that records for many days before re-recording over old video if that video is not needed. They are small units and during a stop you may turn the camera towards the officer to record the event. The Blackvue is a great one and quite small that can be attached to the rearview mirror.
2. Turn your cell phone on record and record the conversation. In the State of WV we have what is referred to as a "one-party consent” statute, and as long as you are a party to the conversation, it is legal for you to record it. I personally would not state to the other party that they are being recorded as the statement could give rise to a confrontation that is not needed in the context of the situation.
3. Contact a higher organization and make a formal complaint. The more complaints that exist will bring rise to possible oversight from an outside agency.
Great advice to protect you from "criminals with badges".
I know what I know

United States

#33 Apr 15, 2013
Well there you have it nothing but attacks from officer bob just like the night I witnessed, everything addressed to him returned no good explanations. If the mayor of philippi does anything in his term it should be addressing this situation IMMEADIATELY! And I hope that was the drivers real name and if so I'll find a way to contact him in case I'm needed for his court case.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#34 Apr 16, 2013
OtagalongP wrote:
I am the police, and I'm here to arrest you. You've broken the law. I did not write the law. I may disagree with the law but I will enforce it. No matter how you plead, cajole, beg or attempt to stir my sympathy. Nothing you do will stop me from placing you in a steel cage with gray bars. If you run away I will chase you. If you fight me I will fight back. If you shoot at me I will shoot back. By law I am unable to walk away. I am a consequence. I am the unpaid bill. I am fate with a badge and a gun. Behind my badge is a heart like yours. I bleed, I think, I love, and yes I can be killed. And although I am but one man, I have thousands of brothers and sisters who are the same as me. They will lay down their lives for me and I them. We stand watch together. The thin-blue-line, protecting the prey from the predators, the good from the bad. We are the police.
Calm down Judge Dredd. First and foremost, cops do not "protect" anyone. If someone wants to break into my house to cause me harm, you will not be there to stop them, I will. You may clean up the mess and catch the guy after the fact, but to say you protect me is laughable.
OtagalongP

Bridgeport, WV

#35 Apr 16, 2013
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>Calm down Judge Dredd. First and foremost, cops do not "protect" anyone. If someone wants to break into my house to cause me harm, you will not be there to stop them, I will. You may clean up the mess and catch the guy after the fact, but to say you protect me is laughable.
Names not Dredd it's OtagalongP, and officers are sworn to serve and protect so get it right ;)
BobTheManoftheHo ur

Lynchburg, VA

#36 Apr 16, 2013
This will be my last post. You can't argue with robots behind a keyboard. Here it is folks.. Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.
I know what I know

United States

#37 Apr 16, 2013
So now were all "idiots" yet I haven't heard one intelligent thing from this officer. He is an arrogant disrespectful punk and I hope he looses his job for this.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#38 Apr 16, 2013
Why is this cop calling everyone on this forum, robots, idiots, dirtbags, ducks, tigers, or sheep? Is it because on every single post he has manipulated the posts and twisted them all around, and never really addressed the issues at hand? Is it because his intelligence is lacking? Or is it because he is steady being called out on his bullshit tactics and his narcissistic ways? I can almost guarantee that he will post again, he cant help himself, its not his nature to give up that easily. However I will say to the ones involved in any harassment by him, your best bet would be to attend a city council meeting and address these issues, by posting on topix you are only giving him time to cover his tracks, and giving him time to right his wrongs. On the road, If you have witnessed something, please for the sanctity of the people in this County, stand up for the right, and condemn the wrong. Its no secret that Philippi is a very bias little town, mostly due to arrogant, narcissistic figures of authority such as the one we have dealt with on this forum!! Although we may hide behind a keyboard, he is doing no better by hiding behind his badge for the purpose of sheer intimidation to his peers he works amongst! I for one am not easily intimidated, and can almost guarantee that I will personally never have a run in with this officer, because I dont reside in city of Philippi and rarely travel through that bias little town! However some of these posts insinuate that nobody is safe under his watch, I mean after all there are allegations, and a confession of a traffic stop on 33! Thank you officer for inviting me to meet you on Church st, however I must decline your invitation. I am closer to route 33, so perhaps the next time you are doing a traffic stop in my neck of the woods, we can formally introduce ourselves to eachother. To all you robots out there hiding behind a keyboard, tread lightly when it comes to this particular individual, narcissistic personality disorder is a real illness!
Sweetchinmusic

Clarksburg, WV

#39 Apr 16, 2013
Bob, don't sweat these hidden keyboard robots. They fail to realize that we don't hide behind the badge... We wear it on the left side of our uniform. Along with a NAME TAG on our right side. Also to the robots that wantsto go to city council and other political references you made... That won't do much of anything. There is policy and procedure that is set in place in this type of profession. You would need to contact the Chief of Police to file a complaint, but you wouldn't know because it seems all you do is play on topix.
on the road

United States

#40 Apr 16, 2013
You're no better that us robots if anything you're worse for changing your name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philippi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CREATE Buckhannon Elections 32 min derek 52
Dustin Queen (May '13) 1 hr smmfh 29
krystal nuzum (Feb '15) 3 hr mee 20
Lea Tyson 4 hr vapor rub man 3
donut shop 4 hr the all knowing 13
Zachary Parsons and Kelly Williams 5 hr Miss Opinion 4
ProudFoot Rd 6 hr curious 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Philippi Mortgages