Barbour County Corruption
Anonymous

Bridgeport, WV

#336 Jun 4, 2012
Yes it is, sadly It's too corrupted right now. I truely believe innocent people will fall due to the corruption.
Holles52

Omaha, NE

#337 Jun 4, 2012
barbour county resident wrote:
i beleave you must be a disgruntled county employee who didnt get get what he or she wanted so you are going to spread as much shitt as you can on the present adminastration in hopes if some one else gets elected you will get what you want,wa wa wa big cry baby
That is is so ignorant you think, that a disgruntled employee is blowing the whistle on corruption, because he never got a piece of the cut. I'll go a bit farther, I grew up in that county. I left in 1978 became well educated (that means more than a bachelor degree)
I was in Law enforcement. I occasionally would visit and always was confronted with examples of city government corruption, from theft, to police abuse misconduct under color of law, Milions of funds stolen. I reported these each time. Some times there were minor effort to punish, but really never much. I also know the FBI is investigating Barbour county for corruption. My experience dealing with these various folks directly was arrogance and serious lack of knowledge, If the FBI uses computer forensics and several other investigative techniques. Maybe after 35 years the actual criminals in that town will be sentence and honest folks can once again take the reins. I'm 53 I would never live there. Which is as shame it was such a good place to grow up. Until the city government, law enforcement, even the Judge, because criminals. I think it started in 1981 when the mines closed and Barbour county was about 60% unemployed for about a decade. That was the seam they needed and that is when it started. I know a lot more with many specific examples but I'll reserve that information for the investigators.
not important

United States

#338 Jun 4, 2012
I know this girl VERY WELL.. and she would never lie about the stuff that's going on.. I have also heard straight from Jennifer Hudkins mouth that she has slept with Hawkins to get out of trouble..
not important

United States

#339 Jun 4, 2012
knows more then i should wrote:
There is more then just one cop or what ever that Ive seen talking to a bunch of young girls. I do think that's a little weird. Has on the other had if a group of young guys go walking around or whatever you hardly ever but very rarely see cops talking to the young guys.
I am a girl.. who has lived in Barbour county my entire life.. and I agree with you completely.. when I was younger... I'm only 21 now.. but when I was like 16 I got caught drunk off my ass walking through town.. and the cops gave me a breathalyzer test.. and claimed I passed with all 0s.. which I find very hard to believe considering I was drinking tequila all day.. and just emptied the bottle like 5 mins before they made me do the test...

So yes they are more "friendly" with girls than they are guys..
not important

United States

#340 Jun 4, 2012
lovely wrote:
Well i know she has filed papers on another guy also. Im not saying that it didnt happen but it is kinda funny that she has accused 2 people of pretty well the same thing.
The 18 try old that's filing charges has not done the same to another guy.. she is one of my good friends and I know everything about her... So please.. know what you're Tlkn about before you start typing shit.
BLUE GRAY GHOST

United States

#341 Jun 4, 2012
Thank you all for contributing! I would be curious see how that hearing goes in Harrison County. I am assuming it is there so it is far enough away from connections here and in Elkins. As for the info on Jennifer Hudkins, I will pass that along to appropriate authorities. If there is change, it will be because all of you stepped forward and fought back, bringing the issue to light!
not important

United States

#342 Jun 4, 2012
bc concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like they all are corrupt. To my understanding the church where this incident occurred in told the bc police that they were not pressing any charges, so now that the sheriff has been accused of wrong doings, this girl gets arrested. My understanding the mom paid to get the guitar from the pawn shop and returned it back to the church...
I have heard that too... And I do believe her mom got it back from the pawn shop and returned it.. also.. I dnt believe she knew it was stolen to begin with.. and a question for anyone who can answer it...
If she got arrested for RECEIVING stolen property... Why is the person or people that stole it not in jail also..? Sounds to me like someone made up a fake police report for just this one girl.. to give him more time to think of a story when they go to court for the crap he has done/said to this girl..
not important

United States

#343 Jun 4, 2012
BLUE GRAY GHOST wrote:
Thank you all for contributing! I would be curious see how that hearing goes in Harrison County. I am assuming it is there so it is far enough away from connections here and in Elkins. As for the info on Jennifer Hudkins, I will pass that along to appropriate authorities. If there is change, it will be because all of you stepped forward and fought back, bringing the issue to light!
Thank you.. for passing that on.. I know this for a fact.. unfortunately I'm slightly related to Jennifer and I have seen her meet him places. And she told me straight from her mouth she was sleeping with him to get out of trouble.. or get a new computer, or tires for her car, and she has told me he gives her the drugs out of the evidence lockers...
ya think

Bridgeport, WV

#344 Jun 4, 2012
not important wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard that too... And I do believe her mom got it back from the pawn shop and returned it.. also.. I dnt believe she knew it was stolen to begin with.. and a question for anyone who can answer it...
If she got arrested for RECEIVING stolen property... Why is the person or people that stole it not in jail also..? Sounds to me like someone made up a fake police report for just this one girl.. to give him more time to think of a story when they go to court for the crap he has done/said to this girl..
Would ya look at that!
BLUE GRAY GHOST

United States

#345 Jun 4, 2012
Not Important, you have a very valid point. Where are the people that stole the guitars? And yes, why are they not in jail? My guess would be the answer lies within the DNA that they are trying to get...meaning, they are going to try and blame her for the theft. That would be the only reason why they are requesting her DNA and stating they have found DNA at the church. Which btw, there are many people that go to church and the DNA they supposedly found could be from any one of them. Why are they so certain it is from her? Because they are going to make sure it is from her! Yes I am saying that they are going to frame her...PERIOD!
BLUE GRAY GHOST

United States

#346 Jun 4, 2012
I have already sent the information to the appropriate person as of 5 minutes ago! So we will have to wait and see!
ya think

Bridgeport, WV

#347 Jun 4, 2012
not important wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.. for passing that on.. I know this for a fact.. unfortunately I'm slightly related to Jennifer and I have seen her meet him places. And she told me straight from her mouth she was sleeping with him to get out of trouble.. or get a new computer, or tires for her car, and she has told me he gives her the drugs out of the evidence lockers...
call the state police, she's told several people that.
not important

United States

#348 Jun 4, 2012
BLUE GRAY GHOST wrote:
Not Important, you have a very valid point. Where are the people that stole the guitars? And yes, why are they not in jail? My guess would be the answer lies within the DNA that they are trying to get...meaning, they are going to try and blame her for the theft. That would be the only reason why they are requesting her DNA and stating they have found DNA at the church. Which btw, there are many people that go to church and the DNA they supposedly found could be from any one of them. Why are they so certain it is from her? Because they are going to make sure it is from her! Yes I am saying that they are going to frame her...PERIOD!
I agree... But then again.. the indictment said she was arrested for RECEIVING stolen property.. not for stealing the property.. she even if they do try to frame her.. it shouldn't hold up in court.
BLUE GRAY GHOST

United States

#349 Jun 4, 2012
I went above and beyond the State Police, to a much higher authority!
BLUE GRAY GHOST

United States

#350 Jun 4, 2012
Well they can amend the charges at any time. They just needed her in custody to file a motion with Judge Moats for a DNA sample, which of course he granted!
bc concerned citizen

United States

#351 Jun 4, 2012
I am really anxious to find out how things are going to play out tomorrow. I do believe it all goes down around 230pm in Harrison County. I hope this will be the beginning of their demise.
not important

United States

#352 Jun 5, 2012
bc concerned citizen wrote:
I am really anxious to find out how things are going to play out tomorrow. I do believe it all goes down around 230pm in Harrison County. I hope this will be the beginning of their demise.
Does anyone know if this hearing is gunna be on the local news?
Anonymous

Bridgeport, WV

#353 Jun 5, 2012
No, the hearing will not be on the local news. Witnesses can not even watch, they testify then leave. I highly doubt none of us will actually know what happens.
BLUE GRAY GHOST

United States

#354 Jun 5, 2012
It amazes me that the prosecutor came out on the news and blatantly lied to the media and the community! Hopefully we catch wind of what happens!
Anonymous

Bridgeport, WV

#355 Jun 5, 2012
It's sad. A lot of us thought after Mr Phillips left, we would have a prosecuter who cared. It's pretty sad she got sucked up into the corruption so quick. Hopefully she will start making the right choices soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philippi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 6 hr Caring 4,303
Xavier (May '17) 18 hr Eww 17
John darnell Mon KCAB 2
Kara who works at Sheetz (Apr '16) Mon Kara 46
Super man? Sun Jeremy Davis 19
Etta Knotts (Feb '17) Nov 17 Jules 20
Curious Nov 16 cut it off 1

Philippi Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance