United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2012

Judged:

I was wondering how many people have seen or been affected by the corruption in Barbour County WV
intheknow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2012

Judged:

Don't know about corruption, but a former prosecutor was either way to liberal or really incompetent.
BLUE GRAY GHOST

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2012

Judged:

He was definitely too liberal, quite incompetent and very corrupt!!!
barbour county resident

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2012

Judged:

i beleave you must be a disgruntled county employee who didnt get get what he or she wanted so you are going to spread as much shitt as you can on the present adminastration in hopes if some one else gets elected you will get what you want,wa wa wa big cry baby
intheknow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2012

Judged:

Barbour Co. Resident, I don't know what you are referencing, but my post refers to a PREVIOUS elected official. Maybe if that person had more of a backbone we would not be dealing with as many drugs and deaths as we are know. Just a thought and we will never know now will we?
BLUE GRAY GHOST

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2012

Judged:

Yeah, thats it. Blame it on a disgruntled employee...put the blame somewhere other than where it truly lies. That is the usual scapegoat. So Barbour county resident, are you an employee of the current administration? It sure sounds like it. The problem isn't just with the former Prosecutor, but also the County Commission, the Sheriffs department and the people who refuse to admit there is a problem in Barbour County. And you can't deny there is a problem. Unless you can justify a deputy that was stealing and just released from his position, instead of being charged & put where others who have done the same belong...but I bet you somehow find a way to say that it was alright. That he made a mistake and because of his long service he should not have his life ruined. Lets put it this way; he is worse than the average criminal because he is supposed to act accordingly to his position of trust that we the citizens of Barbour County allowed him to be in. So if you can honestly say that his crime was alright in your eyes than you are no better than the people that allowed him a free pass, which makes me think you are in the current administration and more than likely one of the ones that gave him that pass. See there are essentially in life 3 types of people; the good who wish to do the right thing, the neutral who look the other way and the bad who profit from frowned upon practices. So which are you? I personally think we all know the answer. And btw, thats just one example of corruption, there are so many more and you know it! I can't wait till the day when each and every one of them involved are put behind bars to spend time with the ones they themselves put away...That will be a day of true freedom in Barbour County!!!
barbour county resident

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

Judged:

who is corupt?name names,times,places ,events,come now lets hear it all.how about the former sheriff was he corupt also?is barbour county as corupt as taylor,marion,and harrison counties?
intheknow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Judged:

OK, lets substitute incompetent for the word corrupt. Now with that out of the lets move on to examples. How about the former assessor who had to go to court for assaulting one of her employees. Or how about the county clerk who didn't show up for work for like a year and half and still collected a paycheck. Or the most recent, the OES directguilty pled guilty to several counts of assault after he wore mask and fired a starters pistol in an elementary school with children present. Not to.mention the fact that he only had to pay a fine and was essentially let off Scott free. If that was a gone else they would at the very least had been put on probation or community corrections. Is that good enough, Barbour county resident?
1 post removed
BLUE GRAY GHOST

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Judged:

While we are on the topic...lets get back to the OES guy...He brandished a weapon, whether in simulation or not, he still meant to scare, cause discourse and frighten people. Whats the difference between him and say a bank robber that merely shows a weapon. Its still an act of violence that should have been prosecuted at a higher level. Now lets mention the prosecutor; she tried to prosecute a bus driver for an act of terrorism and clearly did not look at the video to see that a child on the back of the bus may have passed the note. A weak case like so many other they have tried to prosecute but ultimately end up losing while the ones that are clear convictions like the OES, the officer stealing drugs, the employee hitting her subordinate and so many more cases. Yet they go after weak cases where the evidence is either in favor of the defendant or no evidence at all. The system is based on who you know and there is no denying it. The corruption is there for all to see. Why do I care? Because I firmly believe that when you are an elected official or a person in high authority that you should conduct themselves with integrity and honor above and beyond the average citizen. Remember, they work for us and we let them get by with this crap. So the real question Barbour County resident is, who are you to say there is no corruption, injustice or favoritism in Barbour county? Maybe you are the person behind the badge. I don't know, usually people that take up for crooks are crooks, but then again, you will just come back and say, whoever is against the system is a crook. I think you should look up prior examples of police corruption, in every local and you will find that per capita, WV is up there with the worst of them, Barbour County is no exception!!! Can't wait till some of them are in jail, with the ones they put there!!!
1 post removed
just askin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2012

Judged:

what does or has he done that you would not do if you had the chance?
zephyr

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2012

Judged:

I could care less about him getting a bj from her, dang ho did that to plenty of other fellas around the Country. My complaint is, that in exchange for said action, he did is filed a false report for her; such report cost me $5000 in attorney fees, was ultimately tossed, so that is it, he used his position, to benefit his dick; he filed charges against me without a shred of evidence. I was actually hoping it would go to trial so he could explain how he had absolutely no evidence and did absolutely no police work. That is a crime in itself, he is a criminal.
BLUE GRAY GHOST

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2012

Judged:

Mr. Just Askin, it is your acceptance of what Mr Miller did that is the sole reason for what is wrong in Barbour County and for that fact; everywhere else in this country. For you to condone the practice of an officer accepting a sexual favor in exchange for false charges/abuse of position clearly demonstrates that you are no better than the officer that is breaking the law. And yes, he is breaking the law! That is an abuse of power with criminal intent; clearly corruption which is wrong no matter what way you would like to spin it. You sound so much like the former Sheriff and the current sheriff...I wonder!
inthknow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

Blue gray ghost you've brought up an excellant question. Why wasn't Glenn Sweet and anyone else involved with the starter pistol incident held accountable. I do believe that Larry Allen's attorney brought this question up during one the court hearings. You're also right about the bus driver and the bomb threat. Why was he so aggressively prosecuted (with a felony, no less) and Larry Allen was allowed to pled to to misdemeanors when he was the one that actually put people in fear for their safety and lives. Since the prosecutor judge moats will never have to explain themselves I guess we will continue to wonder out loud on topix.
BLUE GRAY GHOST

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

Intheknow, I guess we will have to hope that the Feds bring justice to the citizens of Barbour County. It is becoming quite clear that the prosecutor, judge and sheriff determines who will be held accountable based on who you are and whom you know. There is obvious favoritism, that amounts to misconduct on their part. We need the people of Barbour County to stand up and vote them out as well as make a call to the FBI, ACLU and State Representatives. Maybe, just maybe someone will listen. Until then, I hope others start using this board, posting even more news of the injustices that have plagued our county!
Intheknow

Grafton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

Alas Blue Gray Ghost, At least the sheriff has term limits. The prosecuting attorney and judge have no term limits. So that means that they can continue to run andbe re-elected for as long as they want. We all know how hard it is to get an incumbant out of office. As far as the Feds coming to save the day, I seriously doubt that will ever happen, and if it does I am sure there will be a great big broom sweeping it under a great big carpet.
BLUE GRAY GHOST

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

You are correct in some aspects, the Sheriff could well be on his way out, I can only hope! As for the prosecutor and judge, yeah that could be an issue since the people keep voting them in, but I think that the Feds will surprise you on this one. I am pretty certain that there will be no sweeping under the rug this time...lets just say a lil birdie told me...;) In the meantime, I implore everyone to continue to talk about the issues. As long as they are out there in the public, then it makes it truly hard for things to just disappear.
inthknow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

Blue gray ghost while you information may be correct about the feds coming to Barbour county I seriously doubt anything will come of it, certainly not for the prosecutor (she has not been there long enough) and I thinks its safe to say that the judge is to well insulated. I am curious on what grounds the feds would come to town and what they would be investigating.
intheknow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2012

Judged:

Blue gray ghost. Are you still out there? Have not seen you post anything lately. Please tell me that Barbour County Resident hasn't came and either had you arrested or arrested you. What is the latest on the BC corruption front????? Anxious to hear.
BLUE GRAY GHOST

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2012

Judged:

Intheknow, I am still here...just been busy lately and of course watching and listening...so no Barbour County Resident did not come and arrest me (he has no reason to)and yes he is a cop...His IP address clearly shows that he is on the same street as the Sheriffs department & City Police department...;) Anyways, I have some new info and am just waiting to verify it. In the mean time I am listening and waiting to see how things unfold. It will be interesting to say the least, but of course all good things come to those who wait and sometimes it takes a little more time than we would like but that is quite alright. So anything new on your end?
Intheknow

Grafton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

Judged:

So glad to hear from you, Blue Gray Ghost. I was getting worried that I haven't seen you posted for a while. Nothing new on my end, although I have been watching the Sheriff's campaign in both Barbour and Taylor County with some interest. It's amazing how much dirt is tossed up at candidates and how little positive is said. I guess if candidates and supporters would quit pulling up one anothers' campaign signs then it wouldn't be quite as interesting. Please keep us posted on the what is going on in Barbour County, it appears you like to give the unvarnished truth on matters

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 70
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Philippi Forum right now

Search the Philippi Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 7 min bacon hater 54,076
Why is Veronica such a drag? 37 min NOSHlT 2
Who got run over? 40 min NOSHlT 19
Do you like Veronica's before or after pictures... 1 hr yolo 0
Travis price 1 hr fresh 14
Deberry??? 1 hr lonelynlooking 6
Zachary Crawford. 1 hr he better rot in jail 11
•••
•••
•••
•••

Philippi Jobs

•••