really

Clarksburg, WV

#41 Jan 12, 2013
I love chris! What a hottie :)
blahblahblah

Buckhannon, WV

#42 Jan 12, 2013
Chris is a great guy. Very intelligent. Very Kind. Beautiful daughter. Went to high school and college with him. Never heard an unkind statement uttered from his mouth. If you don't agree with his views, don't read his column. I'm sure most people that read his column aren't intelligent enough to comprehend what it says, especially the people who post on here.
RarelyHeard

Buckhannon, WV

#43 Jan 12, 2013
I think the answer to your question is a resounding, "No." No one else has a big problem with the guy. If it's that big of an issue then you should shed your anonymity and write a letter to the editor about your feelings concerning Mr. Newman. You'd think a person who was such a big advocate of the the 2nd amendment wouldn't be such a coward.

If you don't like what he writes, don't read it. It's that simple.

I don't care to hear the blowhards and sociopaths on FOXNews so I don't watch that channel. It really is that easy.
seesaw

San Jose, CA

#44 Jan 12, 2013
Upshur Educator wrote:
Chris is the absolute brightest kid I ever taught. Whatever he says is worth consideration based solely on the fact that he thought it through and took the time to say it. He thinks on a whole different level from most of us. If I ever knew a "genius" he was it.
Dear friend that would mean something had it come from a teacher in another county.
seesaw

San Jose, CA

#45 Jan 12, 2013
blahblahblah wrote:
Chris is a great guy. Very intelligent. Very Kind. Beautiful daughter. Went to high school and college with him. Never heard an unkind statement uttered from his mouth. If you don't agree with his views, don't read his column. I'm sure most people that read his column aren't intelligent enough to comprehend what it says, especially the people who post on here.
this is not about his intellect or personality or looks,this is about his ideology that is the Federal government should be given total control to fix all problems.I cannot get that across to any of you,no wonder you all think newman is smart,bozo the clown would be smart in comparison.
seesaw

San Jose, CA

#46 Jan 12, 2013
RedStateRed wrote:
People said the same thing about social security. The government was "coercing" people into buying a retirement plan. They said the same thing about medical care. In the 1700s, when police departments were first socialized and paid for by taxes, they said people were being forced to buy police protection. Your argument is not new. It's also not correct, and it never was.
well they are being coerced into buying a retirement plan,aren't they?My dad was forced by Medicare to pick one of their plans,against his will,his medicare card is useless.Social Security is forcing workers to plan for retirement,can't they do that on their own?Aren't there other ways a person can save on their own?
seesaw

San Jose, CA

#47 Jan 12, 2013
well what you are advocating is a country where the govrnment tells you what to eat,how much to eat,what to drive,how much to drive,the government tells you if you are a law abiding adult you are a child unable to hold firearms in your private home.You are advocating that lawmakers in Washington are smarter than us and they should be "Gods" with total authority over us.You donot have to own a automobile,so that arguement is again shot down.Now is this what you want?
seesaw

San Jose, CA

#48 Jan 12, 2013
Upshur Educator wrote:
Chris is the absolute brightest kid I ever taught. Whatever he says is worth consideration based solely on the fact that he thought it through and took the time to say it. He thinks on a whole different level from most of us. If I ever knew a "genius" he was it.
go become something respected like a trash man and i will listen to you.but the fact that you are a overrated,overpaid,underworked BU stooge teacher negates anything you say.when i went through you never wanted to do anything about trouble makers.now i understand you have limited authority.well jackass you deserve it.
seesaw

San Jose, CA

#49 Jan 12, 2013
and the fact newman could impress a BU teacher,ha ha ha,that is like big bird impressing a 3 year old.that old bitch mrs alderman deserved leukemia.she verbally attacked me in second grade.I hope she is cooking in Hell.
Bucknite

Buckhannon, WV

#50 Jan 12, 2013
You walked around my statement. Do you have a car?? If so you are buying forced insurance.
seesaw

San Jose, CA

#51 Jan 12, 2013
Bucknite wrote:
You walked around my statement. Do you have a car?? If so you are buying forced insurance.
you donot have to own or drive a car,this new thing is a tax for simply being.the only thing you can compare it to is military conscription.it is a gigantic move in the direction of federal tyranny.it is a tragedy that there are people like you in our country.
seesaw

San Jose, CA

#52 Jan 12, 2013
i want a war with the left.some conservatives are afraid to take a stand, I AM NOT.We donot need more laws,more state CONTROL.so come on you liberal loons,GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH.

Since: Jan 13

Philippi

#53 Jan 12, 2013
KMM wrote:
No, the concept of gun control is wanting stricter screening processes for gun ownership. It isn't about removing weaponry from the people. It's about making sure that the wrong individuals cannot legally purchase firearms. It isn't really affecting any law-abiding, mentally sound individual's right to arm themselves. It is really as simple as that. As per healthcare, I don't think it's unreasonable to put priority into making sure that more people have access to a basic need.
Yes but the only thing that accomplishes is making it harder on the law biding citizen. The criminals don't go to a sporting goods store to buy a gun. They plan on using illegally. That is just the lefts way to get support for cutting into our gun rights little by little. Remember criminals don't obey the law in the first place.
insanity

United States

#54 Jan 13, 2013
seesaw wrote:
i want a war with the left.some conservatives are afraid to take a stand, I AM NOT.We donot need more laws,more state CONTROL.so come on you liberal loons,GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH.
Hey sunshine, do you have health insurance? I am assuming not or you wouldn't be whining soooo much about it being mandated.

What happens if you get sick and run up a hospital bill close to a million dollars? Do you have that much pocket change? You think, oh that couldn't happen to me. Well, it can, easily. My dad was extremely sick for 8 months prior to passing away. He had one bill the total for 21 days was over 400k, not including ambulance bills. But, guess what, he had that awful, federally forced medical insurance so it was COVERED.

I act like a responsible adult and keep the extremely expensive health insurance on myself. But, if stupid people would all be forced to carry it the price would lower for all and people would have to actually be responsible for themselves.

Don't want insurance, and don't carry it? Don't have the money to cover a hospital bill if you make it? Would you stay at home and die if you had a heart attack, or would you go to the hospital and leave the bill for someone else to foot (by default higher rates for services at the hospital and higher premiums for those who are responsible and cover themselves)? If you answer " yes" to these questions you are the reason a mandate like this had to be passed.

Personally, I'm in the middle leaning Democrat, but people so often choose to not be responsible and those of us who act like adults are left to fend for them. So, the government has to FORCE them to act like freaking adults.

BTW, before calling everyone idiots, please learn to at least use basic first grade English and capitalize words. Thanks!
insanity

United States

#55 Jan 13, 2013
seesaw wrote:
<quoted text>Dear friend that would mean something had it come from a teacher in another county.
Also, actually knowing Chris, I know that he is extremely bright. I went to school with him from elementary school, and had several honors classes with him. I guarantee you he could prepare something with basic grammar and sentence structure, something you seem to struggle with. Sounds like you were a brat in school and got called out for it by teachers. Most I had were wonderful with maybe two exceptions, but I actually behaved myself and showed my educators respect, something my parents taught me. Maybe you need a lesson in that, no?
insanity

United States

#56 Jan 13, 2013
Stressnrage wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but the only thing that accomplishes is making it harder on the law biding citizen. The criminals don't go to a sporting goods store to buy a gun. They plan on using illegally. That is just the lefts way to get support for cutting into our gun rights little by little. Remember criminals don't obey the law in the first place.
Actually, many guns used by criminals are purchased legally (as in the Aurora and Sandy Hook shootings - both done by legally purchased guns). Did you see the newspaper article and Chino Villagomez? He purchased 16 weapons at Jerry's Sporting Goods. They do need gun reform. This is in no way, shape or form saying they need to do a gun ban. I'm not out trying to steal good, law abiding citizens guns before you start that argument. No civilian needs to own a semi-automatic or automatic weapon. They are not used for hunting anything other than humans.

Since: Jan 13

Philippi

#57 Jan 13, 2013
insanity wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, many guns used by criminals are purchased legally (as in the Aurora and Sandy Hook shootings - both done by legally purchased guns). Did you see the newspaper article and Chino Villagomez? He purchased 16 weapons at Jerry's Sporting Goods. They do need gun reform. This is in no way, shape or form saying they need to do a gun ban. I'm not out trying to steal good, law abiding citizens guns before you start that argument. No civilian needs to own a semi-automatic or automatic weapon. They are not used for hunting anything other than humans.
I own multiple ar15s and ak47s. I do hunt with one of them. But I like a lot of people shoot as a hobby. At a range. It can be a great hobby / sport. As alot of people take part in and are the ones punished. By some wrong doing of a few.
seesaw

San Jose, CA

#58 Jan 13, 2013
insanity wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey sunshine, do you have health insurance? I am assuming not or you wouldn't be whining soooo much about it being mandated.
What happens if you get sick and run up a hospital bill close to a million dollars? Do you have that much pocket change? You think, oh that couldn't happen to me. Well, it can, easily. My dad was extremely sick for 8 months prior to passing away. He had one bill the total for 21 days was over 400k, not including ambulance bills. But, guess what, he had that awful, federally forced medical insurance so it was COVERED.
I act like a responsible adult and keep the extremely expensive health insurance on myself. But, if stupid people would all be forced to carry it the price would lower for all and people would have to actually be responsible for themselves.
Don't want insurance, and don't carry it? Don't have the money to cover a hospital bill if you make it? Would you stay at home and die if you had a heart attack, or would you go to the hospital and leave the bill for someone else to foot (by default higher rates for services at the hospital and higher premiums for those who are responsible and cover themselves)? If you answer " yes" to these questions you are the reason a mandate like this had to be passed.
Personally, I'm in the middle leaning Democrat, but people so often choose to not be responsible and those of us who act like adults are left to fend for them. So, the government has to FORCE them to act like freaking adults.
BTW, before calling everyone idiots, please learn to at least use basic first grade English and capitalize words. Thanks!
hey jackass i pay all my medical bills,i will mail you my paperwork to prove it,on second thought im not proving anything to you.
seesaw

San Jose, CA

#59 Jan 13, 2013
insanity wrote:
<quoted text>
well it would be better for the goernment to coerce people to buy only healthy foods wouldn't it?Of course.I pay my medical bills,never had any problems at all and no government agent was holding a gun to my head.
seesaw

San Jose, CA

#60 Jan 13, 2013
insanity wrote:
<quoted text>
what this means is a expansion of government power as never before seen.there are lots of problems that could be fixed by the government forcing people to do things,is that what you want?it would save municipalities $$$ to force the people to clean the streets and roads.It would save on fossil fuel to force the people to drive when they say we can.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philippi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buckhannon dealing with deteriorated property 20 min ffs seriously 26
Yay! Welfare Check Time Once Again in Grafton 41 min Rescuer down under 4
Chris Davis Shooting 1 hr Halee Hefner 25
Song Title Game, A to Z (Aug '13) 1 hr _Zoey_ 602
brittany williams 20 hr Curious 7
Josh Smith Thu Hatergator 3
Judge Longo (Dec '12) Wed Now come on 61
Philippi Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Philippi People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:59 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:59PM
Tommy Mason, No. 1 overall pick in 1961, passes away
Bleacher Report 6:12 PM
5 Mistakes Steelers Can't Repeat in Offseason
Bleacher Report 7:51 PM
How Redskins Make Most of Each Draft Pick
Bleacher Report 3:57 AM
Redskins Miss out on Opportunity in DC Search
Bleacher Report 7:00 AM
How Long Should Leash Be for the Current 'Skins Regime?