1964 killings again haunt Miss. town

Full story: USA Today
A judge could decide Friday whether to free a former Klansman whose killings carved this town into the nation's psyche as a place that harbored hate. Full Story
yvonne burkes

United States

#1 Jul 23, 2006
Philadelphia is a blight on America,an embarrasment to all decent God fearing people.Racism is alive and well,they just go about it in a different way,poor housing poor wages,poor people. Dust and flies everywhere.
tracey

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Feb 25, 2007
It is you again Yvonne. Obviously you are racist as well. I sense in your comments that you hate life, yourself. I do not know what kind of life you lead but you need help. And I hope you know that when you say God fearing people, you should consider first how that God fearing values were instilled in slaves. This was forced upon slaves and they were forced away from their homes. You should consider studiying history and quit backlashing at Philadelphia because I am from there and I am proud of where I come from. We are all not poor, ignorant and lack of morals as you have judged. Good luck in finding yourself and hope you will learn to accept who you are.
dale

Boise, ID

#4 Oct 24, 2008
I dont think it fair to indict a whole town for what a bunch of ignorant sociopaths did forty years ago.
A black man is about to be elected President and I notice the Philadelphia Topix forum seems to be free of some of the mindless paranoid Obama bashing you see in many of the other cities forums.
I would say Philadelphia has moved on into the 21st century admirably.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
On This Day: Bodies of Three Civil Rights Worke... Feb 6 z mcclure 1
Are the Choctaws in Jackson County considered a... (Jul '14) Feb 1 Isaac 2
Review: Denise Sullivan Jan '15 DENISE 1
Review: Metro Car Leasing Dec '14 Celine 1
Depletion of Fossil Fuel Dec '14 Judy Jin 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Philadelphia, MS (Aug '10) Dec '14 Kathy 67
bi/curious, want to swallow other guy's loads Nov '14 betty 36DD 2

Flood Warning for Neshoba County was issued at March 01 at 10:39AM CST

Philadelphia Dating
Find my Match