Gov could save $$$ by getting rid of ...

Gov could save $$$ by getting rid of Highway Patrol

Posted in the Philadelphia Forum

JohnnyBGood

San Francisco, CA

#1 Nov 16, 2010
The governor could easily save lots of $$$$$$ by getting rid of the Mississippi Highway Patrol or at least trim it back some so that they just provide security to state officials. This crap of paying them to go to ballgames and just run up and down the road and working wrecks and writing tickets is for the birds. If they want to keep them let them start helping the police and sheriff's out and answer domestic call. We need State Police....not highway patrol! Save some money and get rid of the patrolmen.
The Enforcer

Jackson, MS

#2 Nov 19, 2010
The MS Highway Patrol does more than what you just mentioned. They do assist county and city law enforcement upon request. Many ppl do not understand that by writing a few tickets and bieng seen could possibly be saving lives. Taking dui drivers off the road is enabling others who drive the roads of MS to feel safer. I thank all Troopers for the job they do. To JohnnyBGood I ask that you figure out what the Troopers do before saying to do away with them.
Driver

Collins, MS

#3 Dec 19, 2012
I thank the troopers for all that they do. Just the other day I was stopped by a MS Trooper. He stopped me for swerving in the roadway. He was very professional. After talking to me he rrlized I was tired and not under the influence of any substance he let me go advising me to stop somewhetr and rest. He was right I was putting others lives at risk by driving sleepy. I pulled over at next town. He possibly saved my life as well as others. Thank you troopers for what you do.
Tax Payer

Jasper, TX

#4 Jan 24, 2013
To the first comment....do your research before throwing out empty comments. Check the DUI'S and drug arrest that the highway patrol take off the highways that your and my family drive on everyday!
gigi02

United States

#5 Apr 17, 2013
Thanks to all law enforcement
jo jo 3014

United States

#7 Aug 4, 2013
All people do is talk about others

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Carthage, MS (Sep '10) Sun techmom92 14
News KKK to rally in Poplarville (Apr '07) Jun 22 Perry1488 223
Are the Choctaws in Jackson County considered a... (Jul '14) Jun 17 reggie 3
Debate: Gay Marriage - Philadelphia, MS (Aug '10) Jun 12 guitarist99 71
Overlooked talent Jun 9 Generation Yungin 1
bi/curious, want to swallow other guy's loads (Nov '14) May '15 bi slut 3
Review: Shiners Tattoo Apr '15 inzombiact 1
More from around the web

Philadelphia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE