School accreditation: Every district ...

School accreditation: Every district but Hampton City Schools fully...

There are 19 comments on the WTKR story from Sep 15, 2010, titled School accreditation: Every district but Hampton City Schools fully.... In it, WTKR reports that:

Ashley Hastings greets student entering Blaine Blayton Elementary School on the school's first official day Tuesday in James City County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTKR.

RON MEXICO

Newport News, VA

#1 Sep 15, 2010
aSHELY LOOKS GOOD IN THOSE TIGHT PANTS
Bocephius Jockrot

Norfolk, VA

#2 Sep 15, 2010
Yes Ron... she do! See I'm sayin?
Robbie

Yorktown, VA

#3 Sep 15, 2010
Hampton probably would have Wythe, Mallory, Cary and another if not for closing the doors. Actually, the principal at the failure Wythe Elementary is now principal at the new school. Same hoods, new buildings. Though Cary, which is 100% taught by female teachers, would not have stood alone.
Rev CR Cooly

Hustle, VA

#5 Sep 16, 2010
Lawd help our chill dren
Figures

Hustle, VA

#6 Sep 17, 2010
If you have kids, I warned you. Get them home schooled or in a private school. It's not too late.
VB Man

Ivor, VA

#7 Sep 18, 2010
I have seen those S.O.L. tests from 2009. How canayone, not in special eduation, fail it?
FREE AMERICAN

Virginia Beach, VA

#9 Sep 19, 2010
So, the kids don't want to learn, or they're on drugs to 'calm them down', and you blame the teachers.
A foot ball team constantly loses, so you blame he coach.
Do I see a pattern here?
In 1964 in a class of 162, EVERYONE graduated (no one had dropped out)
In 1965 I was in a class of 176. 174 graduated because TWO were killed by a drunk driver (no one dropped out).
In the class of 1966, 168 graduated. EVERYONE.
In my nephew's senior class of 2009, there were 205 kids starting. Seven dropped out (in their SENIOR year!), 9 others didn't graduate.
And it's the 'teachers' fault'. hmmmmm
Upper Penn

Yorktown, VA

#10 Sep 20, 2010
I would blame the ADMN more than teachers, though many teachers are hired unqualified due to being minority; principals hire them based on having known them. It's typical Union Gov't bs.

Vist the schools websites, hit faculty and/or administration, then read the names, subjets or grades taught. You will find many have the same last names, move from school to school, etc. Next, go to the VDOE/Query under licensure, pull up their names. Unqualified!
Dont Blame Teachers

Newport News, VA

#11 Sep 21, 2010
Cut some of these teachers a break. I couldn't do it. As disrespectful as some of these kids are. A large portion don't want to be there, not to mention the ever increasing numbers of those who cant speak the language. It starts at home folks.....It starts at home.

You can lead a horse to water but ya cant make them drink.
Zoology

Ivor, VA

#12 Sep 21, 2010
Dont Blame Teachers wrote:
Cut some of these teachers a break. I couldn't do it. As disrespectful as some of these kids are. A large portion don't want to be there, not to mention the ever increasing numbers of those who cant speak the language. It starts at home folks.....It starts at home.
You can lead a horse to water but ya cant make them drink.
Most kids are disrespectful at home, school, public stores,,,why exct them to be any different? And if you tell a parent to control their basterd child who was conceived at the 7-11 behind a green dumpster, the parent goes into queermode...
Dont Blame Teachers

Newport News, VA

#13 Sep 21, 2010
Always seems to boil down to zero accountability of the students.....and zero responsibility of the parents. Seems like both are being pushed on society. Sorry....not my job to take care of and make sure others children are educated.
Teacher

United States

#14 Oct 12, 2010
Most of the HCS/NNPS pupils, from middle to high school, are very disrespectful. They have no concept of where they are in a classroom. Frequently, they walk around at will, talk openly, some classes are borderline chaos.

As for the learning process, they interfere with the others. They are written up, sent to the Office, returned within 10 minutes. Utter failure, not to mention unsafe.

“low tolerance for stupid”

Since: Apr 08

Hampton VA

#15 Oct 13, 2010
Dont Blame Teachers wrote:
Always seems to boil down to zero accountability of the students.....and zero responsibility of the parents. Seems like both are being pushed on society. Sorry....not my job to take care of and make sure others children are educated.
So it is not the job of teachers to make sure children are educated?
Is it not the job of the electrician to make sure the lights in the building work after he is hired to install them?
Dont Blame Teachers

Newport News, VA

#17 Oct 13, 2010
Hampton Handyman wrote:
<quoted text>
So it is not the job of teachers to make sure children are educated?
Is it not the job of the electrician to make sure the lights in the building work after he is hired to install them?
No.....its more like.....the mechanic insures your the car runs. If you enter a demolition derby well it all bets are off. You know...you can lead a horse to water but you cant make them drink. You can offer individuals an education whether they chose to become educated is up to them.

“low tolerance for stupid”

Since: Apr 08

Hampton VA

#18 Oct 13, 2010
Dont Blame Teachers wrote:
<quoted text>No.....its more like.....the mechanic insures your the car runs. If you enter a demolition derby well it all bets are off. You know...you can lead a horse to water but you cant make them drink. You can offer individuals an education whether they chose to become educated is up to them.
Agreed but it is the job of teachers to make education availible to all students and in order to do that you also have to offer some gidance and direction to the students to try to get them on the right path.
Dont Blame Teachers

Newport News, VA

#19 Oct 13, 2010
Hampton Handyman wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed but it is the job of teachers to make education availible to all students and in order to do that you also have to offer some gidance and direction to the students to try to get them on the right path.
Agreed..... but more accountability is needed outside the classroom. An educator can only supply so much guidance and direction 45 minutes a day, 5 days a week.
NEA VEA Thugs

Ivor, VA

#20 Oct 13, 2010
These union thugs are taking home 6 digit salries, taking trips and never show up for work. Look at the principal's salries at our schools. They need to be cut in 1/2.

“low tolerance for stupid”

Since: Apr 08

Hampton VA

#22 Oct 14, 2010
Dont Blame Teachers wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed..... but more accountability is needed outside the classroom. An educator can only supply so much guidance and direction 45 minutes a day, 5 days a week.
Not sure how you hold some one out side the classroom accountable for what happens in the classroom. Not like you can write them up or cut their pay. It would be better for everyone if there was more parent involvement but the teachers are the front line like it or not.
Jasper

Yorktown, VA

#24 Oct 14, 2010
shore is

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phenix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hang out Jul '17 not from here 1
Silver jeep liberty (Jan '17) Jan '17 Jay 1
jeremy haskins (Apr '13) Nov '16 Loser FAR AND WIDE 9
Who do you support for U.S. House in Virginia (... (Oct '10) May '12 blah 136
News School system snubbing neighbors? (May '11) May '11 Ret Teacher 3
Why are most USA hells angels very fat yet some... (Jan '11) Jan '11 81 point Question 1
News Vandals cause about $350,000 in damage at Pheni... (Mar '10) Mar '10 The Monkey 3

Phenix Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Phenix Mortgages