New schools face delays

New schools face delays

There are 25 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Mar 1, 2009, titled New schools face delays. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

Hampton City Schools might spend millions to speed up building two schools or delay opening both until fall 2010.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
relgum

Richmond, VA

#21 Mar 4, 2009
Nope, haven't been passed over for a thing..... but I do smell a rat!
Truth

Chesapeake, VA

#22 Mar 5, 2009
The delay was caused by the Public Works Site Plan review committee. It's not the first time these clowns have cost the city time and money.
haha

Norfolk, VA

#23 Mar 5, 2009
I love that two years ago, the wonderful, insightful school board paid to have the parking lot at bethel repaved. Then last year, everything had to be dug up to lay sewer lines for the new school. The new school has been in the works for several years so why this huge waste of money.
excuse me

Chesapeake, VA

#24 Mar 6, 2009
please Hampton has been a joke for a long time. Hampton is the last school district in the area to present a budget and notify employees of possible lay offs. Now to top it all off the notices were delayed from the last week of feb to March 9. Ah but the kicker is the principals were given the list of names and letters of the people being notified on Thursday March 5 but were instructed that they had to wait until Monday March 9. Why????? Or does Dr Russo and the Division Leadership Team (which is not showing any leadership) just enjoy pulling people's strings. Wouldn't it be better to give people the news on a Friday and let them absorb the news over the weekend rather than a Monday?? Be interesting to see what the absentee rate is among teachers on Tuesday ----
Truth

Chesapeake, VA

#25 Mar 9, 2009
excuse me wrote:
please Hampton has been a joke for a long time. Hampton is the last school district in the area to present a budget and notify employees of possible lay offs. Now to top it all off the notices were delayed from the last week of feb to March 9. Ah but the kicker is the principals were given the list of names and letters of the people being notified on Thursday March 5 but were instructed that they had to wait until Monday March 9. Why????? Or does Dr Russo and the Division Leadership Team (which is not showing any leadership) just enjoy pulling people's strings. Wouldn't it be better to give people the news on a Friday and let them absorb the news over the weekend rather than a Monday?? Be interesting to see what the absentee rate is among teachers on Tuesday ----
They are required to wait because Human Resouces must first notify any employee who is part of a reduction-in-force. They are presented official letters first.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phenix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Cheating Appomattox Steal Game from Richlands Dec '15 Richlands Footbal... 0
Poll Appomatton Abortion Clinic funded by Obamacare!... Dec '15 Cruz for Prez 0
Appomattox vs Richlands game bullshit!!! Dec '15 destroyed 3
football playoffs (Nov '14) Nov '15 Richlands Reeks 8
jeremy haskins (Apr '13) Nov '15 lazy pos 7
News ABC Investigation Launched (Mar '15) Mar '15 Rover 3
Who do you support for U.S. House in Virginia (... (Oct '10) May '12 blah 136
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Phenix Mortgages