Officials: Reporting Illegal Students...

Officials: Reporting Illegal Students 'Impractical'

There are 4 comments on the Fox News story from Jul 26, 2011, titled Officials: Reporting Illegal Students 'Impractical'. In it, Fox News reports that:

PHENIX CITY, Ala. -- - Some Alabama educators fear the state's new law cracking down on illegal immigration could jeopardize millions of dollars in federal funding for public schools.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox News.

Since: Nov 09

Newnan, GA

#1 Jul 26, 2011
Quote...
If they're here and they're in this country, I'd rather that kid be in my classroom getting an education than sitting at home in fear," DiChiara said. "And I'm afraid that might happen."
Good for you...how about you just whip out your checkbook and cover the expenses rather than having the US taxpayer do it.Just where do these idiots think the " millions in federal funding" comes from??? The US taxpayer has had enough of paying for the education of kids who shouldn't even be in the country
ima

El Paso, TX

#2 Jul 27, 2011
Imagine, JUST IMAGINE how much better off our country would be without spending tax money on illegals? we probably wouldn't be in the rut we're in right now! and we wouldn't be worrien about social security.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#3 Jul 28, 2011
The trouble is that these kids go home to Spanish, their parents refuse to learn the language of their unwitting host country, and are of no assistance with homework. Too much money is spent on ELL clases, tutors and after-school programs, yet the end result is always the same...the taxpayers spent a ton of momey on these kids, but their graduation stats are still abysmal. Babysitting these kids is not in any teacher's job description, but that's about all it amounts to.

If an American child were to live in Mexico, schools in Mexico do not provide support for that non-native speaking child, as we do at a great expense to taspayers here.

“COGNITIVE DISSONANCE”

Since: Apr 11

FIGHT AGAINST ENTROPY!!!!

#4 Jul 28, 2011
I agree with the prior posters. Talk is cheap and those who keep getting slammed with the costs of carrying others' burdens are fed up.

I truly welcome immigration, as long as it reflects two principles.

First, those wanting admission must follow all the laws and procedures proscribed for entry. I know from personal experience living abroad that other countries are strict and unapologetic about requiring compliance with their laws. There is no excuse for our slipshod and corrupt politically motivated refusal to do the same.

Second, as with every prior successful era of immigration, those new residents must come with the intention to assimilate. That not only honors the decision they presumably made to want to become a new member of our country, history proves that it is also the ONLY effective way to ensure their personal success in that new life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phenix City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Deere stores robbed Dec 7 John Smith 1
Dirty Democrat Fraud Nov 28 DadGum 2
News Phenix City officer in May Ois Id'd, new detail... Nov 19 frustrated 1
Kendall Riggs Oct '17 Curious 1
Cable TV of East Alabama (Sep '09) Sep '17 PrinterBench Tech 248
Review: Untouchable House and Window Cleaning Sep '17 Claudine leveritt 2
News Dairy Queen sets opening date for DQ Grill & Ch... (May '17) Jul '17 Yu-up 3

Phenix City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Phenix City Mortgages