Review: Salimatu African Hair Braidin...

Review: Salimatu African Hair Braiding Salon

Posted in the Phenix City Forum

United States

#1 Mar 26, 2013
I came into their shop on March 26, 2013 to get micro twists. I explained to her in great details how I would like them. I asked for them to be fatter as in use more hair & she told me she understands & can do it. As she was on the third twists it wasnt looking right. Mind I showed her three pics of how I want it. So I kept telling her to stop cause I wasnt happy w/them & she finally got mad & told me I complain too much & I wasted her time. After fussing w/her she said for the 19 twists she did I owed her $40. Yall will not be happy w/ the AFRICAN SHOP IN PHENIX CITY. The customer service is beyond bad.

Phenix City, AL

#2 Aug 31, 2015
TERRIBLE SERVICE! Take your money somewhere else. I went there to get sesgalese twist, they wanted to charge me $200. When I first arrived, they wanted me to pay the whole $200 upfront without even seeing the work or receiving any service. This seemed very suspect, I asked of I could see pictures of any previous clients hair and they had none to show. I then said nevermind, that I will leave and she said she will accept $60 upfront.

She started braiding my hair and stayed she would call her sister to come do my hair together. I pointed to a picture on the wall and said this is the style I wanted. The Senegalese twist were medium in size and long in length. She then proceeded to braid my hair and our was NOTHINGGGGGG LIKE THE PICTURE. The twist were very short, small like micros and thick strands of hair stuck out of the twist as if a novice was doing my hair NOT THE WORKS OF A PROFESSIONAL NOR WORTH THE PRICE I HAD TO PAY. I politely told her this is nothing like the style I requested. She then proceeded to get loud and tell me "its the way im sitting in the chair, that's why it looks short". I told her i had this same hairstyle over 5 times and I had it longer and bigger then this. She then started going back and forth with me, VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. I finally told her, if im the client and have to pay my money, I should have it the way I like.

She stated she would take it out and do it again (A WHOLE HOUR WASTED). By the 2nd go round of braids, I googled a picture and said I want my hair exactly like this, MEDIUM, BULKY AND LONG. She said okay and started doing them over and they came out exactly the same as the 1st time. I would grab a braid to look at it and she would snatch it back so that I wouldn't. Her sister then came in the door, said "Hello" to me in english and THE PERSON DOING MY HAIR STARTED SPEAKING VERY LOUD AND IN A RUDE TONE IN THEIR LANGUAGE. NO ONE SPOKE ENGLISH AT THIS POINT, I FELT AS IF I WAS CONSTANTLY GETTING TALKED ABOUT IN MY FACE.

By this time, my husband came, I showed him a picture of the style I wanted and he said my hair looks nothing like the picture. We asked for a refund. Both of the sisters started yelling "WHY YOU DONT LIKE YOUR HAIR", "LET MY SISTER TRY, SHE CAN DO BETTER THEN ME". By this time, I was out of time and patience. Since I did not want to stay any longer, she said I had to pay her $30 for her time even though she messed up my hair several times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phenix City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Phenix City, AL (Aug '10) Nov 22 Ladybug89 94
Christine Ruschmeier, 26 MISSING IN PHENIX CITY (Oct '10) Nov 18 resident of georgia 8
News Family posts flyers hoping to solve murder (Sep '08) Oct '15 Tbaby36854 17
Cable TV of East Alabama (Sep '09) Sep '15 rmiller 240
Entitlements Sep '15 CodSack 1
News More details: Ft. Mitchell mother, daycare work... (May '13) Sep '15 friend 17
News 1 dead, 1 injured in 2-vehicle wreck in Lee County Aug '15 Will Dockery 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Phenix City Mortgages