Comments
1 - 20 of 32 Comments Last updated May 1, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Out of work

Phenix City, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 12, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

Most of the local construction workers have lost their jobs due to the illegal Mexicans coming into town from Atlanta with builders from there.People are losing their businesses and cannot compete with the low prices . They are throwing up these very cheaply built homes and will be gone in a few years while we who have lived here our whole lives are the ones who have to look at these poorly built homes already falling apart . Take back our town and report anyone hiring or anyone who has illegals on their job-site http://www.ice.gov/index.htm ,
LOWER PRICES

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 9, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The reason they bring in the mexicans is because there work ethic is 1000 times better then the shit you get in the local area. Its straight garbage taken 3 hour breaks then 2 hour lunches. If the local laborer would have old school work ethic I might hire some local talent. But everyone I hired complains about not enough money or little to know hours. When your work performance is trash you wont get a pay raise or more work becuase its garbage. When I hire mexicans they do it right the first time and DO A DAMN good job. I will not hire local personnel they are cry babies.
Mr Snyder

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 9, 2011
 
Out of work wrote:
Most of the local construction workers have lost their jobs due to the illegal Mexicans coming into town from Atlanta with builders from there.People are losing their businesses and cannot compete with the low prices . They are throwing up these very cheaply built homes and will be gone in a few years while we who have lived here our whole lives are the ones who have to look at these poorly built homes already falling apart . Take back our town and report anyone hiring or anyone who has illegals on their job-site http://www.ice.gov/index.htm ,
Call the Phenix City Mayor. He knows an awful lot of companies looking for an awful lot of people. Thats what he told the Senator, the news, and all in attendance. He will be glad to steer you in the right direction. Just tighten your belt a little and hang-in there!
Mr Snyder

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 10, 2011
 
LOWER PRICES wrote:
The reason they bring in the mexicans is because there work ethic is 1000 times better then the shit you get in the local area. Its straight garbage taken 3 hour breaks then 2 hour lunches. If the local laborer would have old school work ethic I might hire some local talent. But everyone I hired complains about not enough money or little to know hours. When your work performance is trash you wont get a pay raise or more work becuase its garbage. When I hire mexicans they do it right the first time and DO A DAMN good job. I will not hire local personnel they are cry babies.
Boy... What a good All American Entre-Manure you sound like!Nothing like ethics is there Big Shot. The key word is EVERYONE! If everyone is telling you the same thing, you may want to take a look at it. Im sure we all want to work for a swell, eloquent guy like yourself. Just curious where you are finding all these lazy, greedy Americans you hire! Might be looking in the wrong place.
rebuttal

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 11, 2011
 
Out of work wrote:
Most of the local construction workers have lost their jobs due to the illegal Mexicans coming into town from Atlanta with builders from there.People are losing their businesses and cannot compete with the low prices . They are throwing up these very cheaply built homes and will be gone in a few years while we who have lived here our whole lives are the ones who have to look at these poorly built homes already falling apart . Take back our town and report anyone hiring or anyone who has illegals on their job-site http://www.ice.gov/index.htm ,
Your small town thinking and your racist comments hold you back in life. Your ego is to big and once you quit blaming everyone else for your own shortcomings, maybe then you can get a job.
Woodcutterron

Lanett, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

LOWER PRICES wrote:
The reason they bring in the mexicans is because there work ethic is 1000 times better then the shit you get in the local area. Its straight garbage taken 3 hour breaks then 2 hour lunches. If the local laborer would have old school work ethic I might hire some local talent. But everyone I hired complains about not enough money or little to know hours. When your work performance is trash you wont get a pay raise or more work becuase its garbage. When I hire mexicans they do it right the first time and DO A DAMN good job. I will not hire local personnel they are cry babies.
Not sure what planet you're posting from LP ... but "earth" is apparently not your home planet. If your employees are taking three hour breaks and two hour lunches, it solely because you're either dumb as a box of rocks and easily duped for sport, or you're such a bitchy, overbearing complainer that your employees have simply lost any and all respect for you.

Mexicans have a better work ethic?? Ehh ...maybe on 12th planet, but not here on earth. Some work hard, some don't. Americans? Some work hard, some don't.

I suspect that you are mistaking having a bunch of employees who don't understand a word you say as you freak out and whine, for being able to be productive under your tyranny. Ignorance is bliss!
Michele36

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 16, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

You know this is one of the oldest arguments of all time. This is flat out racism. Get over yourself. Go look for a job elsewhere if you are so unhappy with the people that are hired. You apparently would not want to work for that person or company anyway, just because mexicans are employed there. You know its better for people to assume your stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Somebody is always taking someone else's job. Well buddy you live in the land of opportunity, if you are to busy crying about your job being taken instead of looking for the next...well you figure it out. Don't blame everyone else because you missed yours.
Michele36

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 16, 2011
 
WC
You, your opinions, and the others like you are the very reason this country has the issues we are dealing with to this day on racism. Why are you so much better than anyone else.Oh let me guess.. your a white american. Well me too. So what. Be proud not ignorant.
woodcutterron

Lanett, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 16, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Michele,
I notice you didn't follow your own advice on the "Removing doubt by opening your mouth" thing.

Anyway, it isn't "racism" ...it's called "Rule of Law" And if one doesn't have permission to be here ... they're breaking the law. And at the very least, they steal jobs from actual Americans. This is actually not a racist view, it's more of a "Nationalist" view. You should educate yourself on the difference here, since it really amplifies your ignorance when ya mix'em up.

You are right in your belief that I am part of the reason this country is in this mess, but likely for reasons you wouldn't agree with. I simply haven't done enough to keep Illegal Aliens out of my country.
michele36

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 17, 2011
 

Judged:

1

woodcutterron wrote:
Michele,
I notice you didn't follow your own advice on the "Removing doubt by opening your mouth" thing.
Anyway, it isn't "racism" ...it's called "Rule of Law" And if one doesn't have permission to be here ... they're breaking the law. And at the very least, they steal jobs from actual Americans. This is actually not a racist view, it's more of a "Nationalist" view. You should educate yourself on the difference here, since it really amplifies your ignorance when ya mix'em up.
You are right in your belief that I am part of the reason this country is in this mess, but likely for reasons you wouldn't agree with. I simply haven't done enough to keep Illegal Aliens out of my country.
I am sure that you have ask to see all of the visa card's or resident cards to even verify that the mexicans are illegal. Yes I am sure that we have illegals here, yes they should be paying taxes. And I know that there are millions of dollars spent on medical, welfare, ect. I am not sure that you take into account the reason most of them come here. What legnths would you go to make sure your family did not starve,or to make sure your kids had a chance in life, to make sure your mother had a decent place to lay her head. Most houses there do not have heat, air, carpet,all of the things we take for granted.The jobs are few and pay far less than you, I, and most people with any respect for themselves would work for. It is not the people's fault, it is the governments. Not to mention the violence, gangs, and corrupt leadership. My family comes first, yes I would leave my country to provide for them if necessary, how can you pay for a visa 3500.00 in america with a waiting list of over a year to file paperwork, if you cannot feed or clothe your family. Would you let your family do without? We do not have a shortage of jobs in america, what we have is a shortage of people willing to do those jobs. I do not hear you complaining about the americans or any other race not obeying the law, mooching off the tax payers,and we all know there are plenty.You are the one that pointed your finger at the mexicans. That is racism. And really lets just stop throwing all the rude comments at each other, you have your opinion, as do I. I never once claimed to be all knowing so yes I am ignorant, but I believe you and everyone else on this planet is in that same boat buddy.
michele36

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 17, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Racism is man's gravest threat to man - the maximum of hatred for a minimum of reason.
michele36

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 17, 2011
 
In a controversy, the instant we feel anger, we have already ceased striving for truth and have begun striving for ourselves
woodcutterron

Lanett, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 17, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I'm going with "Nuclear Weapons" as gravest threat. Note my responses and posts are never angry. Sarcastic sometimes, but never angry.

You're actually kinda right about that last one. Explains why so many folks get angry with me, actually, heheh.
mad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 17, 2011
 
Listen first thing how did a (Mexican) as you say steal a job from you when it was not yours or did they fire you and give it to a mexican instead well that makes you incompent in keeping a job. Second off they work harder than most americans do. Third off most of the jobs they have no american will do your crying over a construction job why dont you go pick cotton, peanuts,watermelon,oranges etc. No you want to sit and cry about construction. As far as paying taxes they pay taxes also the only difference is they dont get there money back at the end of the year. So people need to get facts straight before they talk crap
woodcutterron

Lanett, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 17, 2011
 

Judged:

2

Oh Mad, settle down. And pay attention:
See those Illegal aliens framing houses? Americans do that sort of thing. Of course we expect a wage that will support life here in America. Now if a foreigner wants to go through the legal process and then get a job, fine.
But "illegals" by their very nature, wok for a reduced wage, being actual criminals and all. Kinda like when some thief steals a watch. He will take less money for it than someone trying to sell the same watch that was originally purchased legally.

Guys stealing jobs of course will work for less money, since they also aren't supposed to have that job that actually "belongs to an American, or at least a LEGAL alien ...who will likely also want more money.

This may be way over your head, Mad, but hey, doesn't make it any less true simply because you don't "get it"

I've worked with Mexicans in the past ... not impressed. Kinda covered this already anyway.

And you parroting the myth that Mexicans are here doing things that American won't do ... total unadulterated bullcrap. Picking fruit? Maybe. But framing houses, landscaping, laying block, roofing, metal building installations, and on and on. These are jobs Americans will do, and do it better than the vast majority of Mexicans will.

If you feel otherwise, you are either high on something, don't get out much, hang out with really lazy people yourself, or are a cheap greedy traitorous employer/exploiter of folks who can't really put up much fuss because they're not supposed to be here in the first place.

I have my facts straight Mad ... sadly, you haven't got a clue ...just a weak, easily shot down argument.
not important

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 17, 2011
 
I know for a fact Servpro of Phenix City (owner Jim and Susan Cullpepper) have illegal mexicans working daily for them and do not pay taxes on them. Not only does it hurt our local economy but its against the law and havebeen breaking it for years. Hopefully someone reading this will do somthing about it.
not important

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 17, 2011
 
Ace Interprises whole staff are currently illegal mexicans... im tired of these criminals hurting our economy.....i hope every last one of them gets arrested and deported back to where they came from!
nutcase

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 19, 2011
 
Out of work wrote:
Most of the local construction workers have lost their jobs due to the illegal Mexicans coming into town from Atlanta with builders from there.People are losing their businesses and cannot compete with the low prices . They are throwing up these very cheaply built homes and will be gone in a few years while we who have lived here our whole lives are the ones who have to look at these poorly built homes already falling apart . Take back our town and report anyone hiring or anyone who has illegals on their job-site http://www.ice.gov/index.htm ,
do this country really care about us
mr snyder

Phenix City, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 20, 2011
 

Judged:

2

nutcase wrote:
<quoted text>do this country really care about us
If your talking about Mexico...The answer is NO THEY DONT!

They put up high voltage fences around prisons that will kill on contact. They seem to be very effective in keeping people in. Now if our govt. doesn't care if a kid who got caught with a bag of weed dies trying to get out of jail why can't we lace the border from one end to the other with land mines to keep people out. Cheaper than a fence and a lot more effective.
lizzy

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 26, 2011
 

Judged:

1

legal or not,mexicans are doing work that lazy americans won;t do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Phenix City Discussions

Search the Phenix City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jul 23 Give Him a Brain 84
More details: Ft. Mitchell mother, daycare work... (May '13) Jul 20 mom 4
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) Jul 11 freedom 201
Cable TV of East Alabama (Sep '09) Jul 10 Will Dockery 228
Don't like the cameras? Don't run the red light Jul 10 Carlos 2
Sound Off for Saturday, July 5, 2014 Jul 5 SpaceBlues 3
This Forum Jul 2 DogGone 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Phenix City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Phenix City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Phenix City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Phenix City
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••