Outlaw pit bulls following two deaths

Outlaw pit bulls following two deaths

There are 73 comments on the Montgomery Advertiser story from Nov 14, 2006, titled Outlaw pit bulls following two deaths. In it, Montgomery Advertiser reports that:

I hope every Alabama legislator read the recent Advertiser stories about a Phenix City man and a young child being killed by a pit bull dog.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Montgomery Advertiser.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Roxy

Newark, DE

#63 Mar 10, 2011
Insane wrote:
<quoted text>
You are hysterical! I love your logic. So letís go ahead and now apply your logic. Letís start selling bears and tigers and other beast that feed on humans and allow them to be in your home.
And please be sure you give them all your warmth and kindness and treat them like any other common dog or cat, so that way when you get mauled, no one can say itís because of how you treated them. LOL
My advice to you is to be sure you do not turn your back on them because like the Pit, one day you will be gone.
You know it's funny that you hear so much support for Pits by the ones who have had no trouble with them yet and how little you hear from all those that are dead from them.
Oh and by the way genius, the reason we don't have bears and tigers for pets is.....one day they will eat you. No matter how nice you are to them. It's called instinct.
No, you are. Regardless, Pit Bulls are not wild animals. They are dogs. Just like every other dog, they are great companions. More than that, they are great with children and grown ups, even other pets such as cats, ducks and other dogs. Don't believe me? Check it out on youtube. The proof is all there. You are just to heartless on this topic to care. So go ahead and believe the news that say a Pit Bull just attacked another child, which really is not even a Pit Bull. Go ahead and believe that these dogs are awful and menacing. It is YOU who is the fool. It is YOU who is missing out. In the meantime, I will be cuddling with my beautiful Pit Bull who I have now owned for 5 years. She loves people, loves children, loves animals, and loves to cuddle. Did I mention she's a Pit Bull?
Oh, one more thing. Michael Vick's Pit Bulls, also known to be the most aggressive dogs ever seen are now therapy dogs, living in homes with adults, children, other pets. Explain that to me. Dogs who took up to a year and maybe a little more to be trained to understand how to be a dog. They were not even aggressive. They needed love. In return, they now give their love to their families. Explain that. Did I mention these dogs were abused, fighting dogs? Did I mention they went through hell? Through all that, look at them now. And this isn't one of the bunch. This is at least 40 of the 50 Pit Bulls. Maybe more.
Next time get your facts straight.:)
materman

Columbus, GA

#64 Mar 10, 2011
Roxy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are. Regardless, Pit Bulls are not wild animals. They are dogs. Just like every other dog, they are great companions. More than that, they are great with children and grown ups, even other pets such as cats, ducks and other dogs. Don't believe me? Check it out on youtube. The proof is all there. You are just to heartless on this topic to care. So go ahead and believe the news that say a Pit Bull just attacked another child, which really is not even a Pit Bull. Go ahead and believe that these dogs are awful and menacing. It is YOU who is the fool. It is YOU who is missing out. In the meantime, I will be cuddling with my beautiful Pit Bull who I have now owned for 5 years. She loves people, loves children, loves animals, and loves to cuddle. Did I mention she's a Pit Bull?
Oh, one more thing. Michael Vick's Pit Bulls, also known to be the most aggressive dogs ever seen are now therapy dogs, living in homes with adults, children, other pets. Explain that to me. Dogs who took up to a year and maybe a little more to be trained to understand how to be a dog. They were not even aggressive. They needed love. In return, they now give their love to their families. Explain that. Did I mention these dogs were abused, fighting dogs? Did I mention they went through hell? Through all that, look at them now. And this isn't one of the bunch. This is at least 40 of the 50 Pit Bulls. Maybe more.
Next time get your facts straight.:)
Why don't you explain this to all the people killed by pit bulls. Or the parents of children killed by these aggressive dogs. Pit bulls are dangerous, pure and simple. They should be banned from the United States. The sooner the better.

Every time a pit bull kills somebody, there are always silly folks who will defend the dogs. Why? Is there a name for this lunacy?

I know a fellow who worshipped at the pit bull alter until until his favorite dogs bit off his testicles. He stil sings the praises of pit bulls, but now he sings them in a higher voice.
Woodcutterron

Valley, AL

#65 Mar 11, 2011
Well, I kinda tend toward Materman on this issue.
Sorry Roxy, but you really need to get a clue as to how dogs think. Lots of dogs are really nice around their owners. Even around strangers and kids ... around their owners. Sometimes, even when their owners aren't around.

The problem is, that pretty much any dog can get aggressive under the right ...or more correctly 'wrong' set of circumstances.

This is why so many folks end up getting bitten by dogs, who prior to biting, are considered by their owners to be sweet lil fuzzpups who would never bite anyone. Lots of folks underestimate thier dogs proclivities.

The trouble is, with pit bulls, it's often more than a typical bite. Even the "friendly" ones tend to be "on" or "Off". I have a friend who had a sweet old pit bull, lived a long life without ever biting a soul. It even fetched a frisbee, but never twice. Why? Because it was good for one throw. That dog would spend the next five minutes tearing that frisbee into shreds.

Luckily, nobody ever riled up that dog enough to get it to attack a human. One never knows with one of these dogs, and the ramification of being wrong can result in a LOT more than a typical dog bite.

If the wrong person steps on the dogs foot, or it runs off and some fool decides to whack it with a broom to run it out of their yard. Things like that can set off a chain reaction of events that 'ain't real purty'

And there are two types of pit bull owners who are the most likely to have their dog go nuts on someone. ONE: People who just don't give a rats butt what their dangerous dog does.
And TWO: Bleeding heart, naive owners who mistakenly believe they are "responsible" who refuse to believe their sweet pit bull could possibly be a risk. If ya don't acknowledge the risk, yer simply irresponsible, and probably not to be trusted with anything important in life.

Vicks dogs are now therapy dogs ...that is truly stupid. Tigers are "friendly" and misunderstood too .. just as Sigfrieds boyfriend, Roy. I suppose the next hot thing will be "Therapy alligators"
Pitbulls4ever

Phenix City, AL

#66 Jun 14, 2012
A dog is a dog and knows what it is taught. I have 4 full blooded blue razors edge pits (some of the biggest meanest LOOKING pits) and I have a three year old. And life is the opposite for me I won't let me child outside without my dogs with him. The only way my dogs would ever harm anyone is if you mess with me or my kid. Saying they should ban pits is in a sence racist. That's like trying to ban black people because of the percentage of crimes committed by African Americans. Its completely stupid and you people should be slapped for even saying that. If you have had an experience with a pit I can guarantee the problem can be traced to the owner not the breed. And to all pit bill owners out there stop trying to be cool and raise "fighting dogs" your the reason these idiots say what they do. My dogs are like big teddy bears because I raised them like that.
Pitbulls4ever

Phenix City, AL

#67 Jun 14, 2012
Reply to bitten by dog....you're an idiot. There should be a button under report that says "idiot" so I can report you as one. The majorty of pit bull owners engage in illegal activity? And drug dealers? Your retarded. That's like saying poodles are owned by homosexuals. You should be banned...from saying stupid crap
Amanda Corbitt

Macon, GA

#68 Aug 2, 2012
brewster voice wrote:
I agree with the issue of banning Pit-bulls. It has been several cases were Pit-bulls have killed other animals and people. I think that if Lanett, Alabama and more cities in the United States banned Pit-bulls then it should a nation law and instead of a local city decision. I am in the process of trying to past it for my particular county and try to pass for the state I resigned in. In the past months, I had to deal with my co-worker issue of losting her child from a Pit-bull attacked and going through the process of helping my pet recover for a dog fght with a Pit-bull. My dog was in his own yard.
For one, not all Pitbulls are vicious, regardless of what you think. You are uneducated about dog breeds obviously and don't realize that ANY breed of dog can kill someone. I have worked with dogs for 15 years and I know for a FACT that it is how a dog is raised and not something that is just part of a dogs instinct. How about we ban all deliquent children? That way we can cut down on bullying and fights in school. I cannot have children and MY pitbull is my child. I have raised her from a puppy and she is very well behaved, completely house-broken, friendly with CATS, yes CATS, and loves to be around people. If you want to ban dogs you need to start with Yorkshire Terriers or Schnauzers.. They are in the same group as Pitbulls.. the TERRIER GROUP. Interesting huh? Maybe have a dog put through temperment tests before banning them.
Amanda Corbitt

Macon, GA

#69 Aug 2, 2012
faith wrote:
I used to be all about its how you raise your pitt bull. Untill Easter sunday my neighbor thought it would be cool to show off how bad ass his dog was and yes he was friendly at first. My husband rushed our 2 small children and dogs inside and was pissed the dog was in our yard.
Then it happened he smelled my cat basking in the sun in his own backyard and it was all over 3 grown men and myself could not stop this monster. What if my child was out there and smelled like a cat? I had to watch my cat get shred to pieces in his own back yard. Pitts are monsters and no matter how you raise them there are too many screws loose in there heads to calm them down.
I've already said this once.. GET A BREED BOOK, A CREDITED ONE, AND READ UP ON BREEDS!!! Do you realize that if that would have been ANY dog that had NOT been raised around cats it would have happened the same way... Go to the major pet retail places and pick up a book about Pitbulls and get the REAL facts, not what a bunch of morons on tv or news say. They obviously didn't read either. It's always a new breed to blame for each century. Dobermans, rottweilers, german shephards, and now pitbulls.. Funny how people don't realize that a Dalmation is more likely to bite a child than a Pitbull, or how a small dog, such as a Schnauzer is more likely to be mean and bite you(multiple times)
hannah

Florence, KY

#70 Apr 3, 2017
none wrote:
Its not the dog its the owner. On this event the dog was locked up and it was at a shop doing the job its put there to do. So don't blame the dog.
I don't blame you ether when you say its not the dog its really the owner and that is true because you don't know what the owner has done to that dog???????!!!
hannah

Florence, KY

#71 Apr 3, 2017
NOT ALL PIT BULLS ARE MEAN well probable WHY THEY ARE SO MEAN BECAUSE THEY GOT BEATEN IN THERE FRONT YARD AND THEY ARE DONE GETTING TORCHED BY PEOPLE AND THEY SNAPPY BACK AT YOU!!!!!!!!!!
hannah

Florence, KY

#72 Apr 3, 2017
Amanda Corbitt wrote:
<quoted text>

I've already said this once.. GET A BREED BOOK, A CREDITED ONE, AND READ UP ON BREEDS!!! Do you realize that if that would have been ANY dog that had NOT been raised around cats it would have happened the same way... Go to the major pet retail places and pick up a book about Pit bulls and get the REAL facts, not what a bunch of morons on TV or news say. They obviously didn't read either. It's always a new breed to blame for each century. Dobermans, rottweilers, German shepherds, and now pit bulls.. Funny how people don't realize that a Dalmatian is more likely to bite a child than a Pit bull, or how a small dog, such as a Schnauzer is more likely to be mean and bite you(multiple times)
DON'T TALK ABOUT PIT BULLS UNLESS ITS NICE BECAUSE I LOVE PIT BULLS and YOU ARE NOT going to DISRESPECT PIT BULLS!
hannah

Florence, KY

#73 Apr 3, 2017
I DON'T LIKE HOW you ARE NOT BEING NICE TO ALL DOGS you should TREAT THEM WITH ALL RESPECT!!!!!!!!!!
hannah

Florence, KY

#74 Apr 3, 2017
Amanda Corbitt wrote:
<quoted text>

For one, not all Pit bulls are vicious, regardless of what you think. You are uneducated about dog breeds obviously and don't realize that ANY breed of dog can kill someone. I have worked with dogs for 15 years and I know for a FACT that it is how a dog is raised and not something that is just part of a dogs instinct. How about we ban all delinquent children? That way we can cut down on bullying and fights in school. I cannot have children and MY pit bull is my child. I have raised her from a puppy and she is very well behaved, completely house-broken, friendly with CATS, yes CATS, and loves to be around people. If you want to ban dogs you need to start with Yorkshire Terriers or Schnauzers.. They are in the same group as Pit bulls.. the TERRIER GROUP. Interesting huh? Maybe have a dog put through temperament tests before banning them.
YES I AGREE with AMANDA CORBITT because YOU SHOULDN'T GET ride of PIT BULLS because THEY are harmless to people UNLESS YOU ARE MEAN TO THEM THEN THEY WILL SNAP AT YOU and FIRST OF ALL YOU DON'T BANE THEM FROM THERE HOME THAT IS JUST RUDE TO DO so think twice about what you SAY ABOUT PIT BULLS thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!
hannah

Florence, KY

#75 Apr 3, 2017
Bitten By Dog wrote:
Yes, pitbulls should be banned because most of the people who own them act irresponsibly and engage in illegal activities such as drug dealing and dog fights. Many argue that the breed itself is not vicious; it's the owners who train them to attack. This may be the case; however, pitbulls have been cross bred to the point where the breed itself has the inbred capacity to turn vicious and attack its owner, children or whatever aggravates the animal to react violently. The dog invokes fear in most people thus increasing the likelihood of someone being bitten merely from running away when no danger previously existed. Puitbulls=unpredictable behavior from humans and the dog.
ow SHUT UP YOU ARE STUPID TO SAY THAT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phenix City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cable TV of East Alabama (Sep '09) Jan 13 Mad ex customer 249
Phenix city corruption Wells Fargo Dec 23 Fedup20182019 1
News Phenix City officer in May Ois Id'd, new detail... Dec '17 Worriedsick 2
John Deere stores robbed Dec '17 John Smith 1
Dirty Democrat Fraud Nov '17 DadGum 2
Kendall Riggs Oct '17 Curious 1
Review: Untouchable House and Window Cleaning (Jul '17) Sep '17 Claudine leveritt 2

Phenix City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Phenix City Mortgages