UPS is awesome
The Atheist 2012

Fulton, MD

#1 Nov 14, 2012
The philanthropic arm of shipping giant UPS said it will no longer give money to the Boy Scouts of America as long as the group discriminates against gays, the second major corporation to recently strip funding from the scouts.

The UPS Foundation made the change Thursday after an online petition protesting its annual grants to the Boy Scouts attracted more than 80,000 signatures. UPS, based in Atlanta, follows computer chip maker Intel in withdrawing corporate support for the Boy Scouts.

The UPS Foundation gave more than $85,000 to the Boy Scouts in 2011, according to its federal tax return.

Federal tax returns for 2011 for Intel, the world's largest chip maker, were not immediately available. Some media reported the Santa Clara, Calif.-based company as giving hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years.

UPS spokeswoman Kristen Petrella said groups applying for the foundation grants will have to adhere to the same standards UPS does by not discriminating against anyone based on race, religion, disability or sexual orientation.

"We promote an environment of diversity and inclusion," Petrella said Monday. "UPS is a company that does the right things for the right reasons."

I am so happy UPS did this. It's been way too long that everyone in the country had equal rights and that religion isn't used as an excuse to hate or discriminate anyone.
Good

Ransom, KY

#2 Nov 14, 2012
Thats great
funny

Phelps, KY

#3 Nov 14, 2012
If a person is right in their religion they dont hate anyone not even gays.So just stop all your hate on everyone that goes to church and please quit blaming everything on religion. You are just plain stupid and everyone knows it.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#4 Nov 15, 2012
I don't agree with ups, boy scouts have stood for what they see has been right since they started, nothing changed except people crying about it. but glad to see that you didn't call names or belittle anyone in this thread.
Chrissy

Chesterfield, MO

#5 Nov 15, 2012
While I don't agree their stance on not allowing gay scouts, I also know that as a private Christian entity they are entitled to do this. They even have some rules in place before scouts enter that dictate these sorts of things. The boy that was denied Eagle Scouts was 6 when he entered to of course he didn't know what gay was, but surely by the time he was a pre teen he knew, & knew of the organizations stance against it. He should've withdrawn. Not to mention, he denounced God. His father said he didn't do that but it's been documented that he did. With the Scouts being a Christian organization he should've know he shouldn't be a part of it at that point. Moreover, why would he WANT to be part of it considering his beliefs?

I'm not meaning this as a debate whether being gay is right or wrong. I'm just speaking as an outsider on the facts. But having said that, groups are more than entitled to withdraw support for them for one reason or another, although they should also realize this affects scouts who can't help what's going on
Nutty neighbor

Jonesborough, TN

#6 Nov 15, 2012
I support gay rights I'm a democrat and proud of it !!! I also support freedom of speech !!! But I don't believe in bashing anyone's belief I'm Christian and most of my friend say being gay is wrong but it states plainly In the bible to not hate and to not judge so we are to pray for sinners !!!but I believe eye for eye in case of murderers on death row !!!!
SMITH

Macon, GA

#7 Nov 15, 2012
I support the Boy Scouts 100%.
Smee

Georgetown, KY

#8 Nov 15, 2012
The Atheist 2012 wrote:
It's been way too long that everyone in the country had equal rights and that religion isn't used as an excuse to hate or discriminate anyone.
You contradict yourself at every turn my friend. If this is truly what you believe, stop mocking Christianity. Don't feed me the line about giving back what is given. It goes both ways. If you want respect, give respect. You can easily state your "facts" and spread the "truth" without ridicule and mockery, if you so choose.
hollaback

United States

#9 Nov 16, 2012
atheist has been easily fooled in this case.

First of all, UPS is NOT a mail co. The only contract to deliver first class mail (letter mail included) in the US is USPS. Still way way under a buck.

You know how much UPS charges to send a friggin letter?????????? Cheapest one is NINE DOLLARS because they do NOT have a contrct. UPS is a bunch of union thugs anyway and a few good and cool hard working men and women. Don't be fooled by their political empty suit gesture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phelps Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fedscreek fire dept 3 min Lady luck 23
What do you think about Robert Ferris (RADAR) (Mar '10) 5 hr Secrets 53
Rumor about a mine 8 hr Ricky 5
"Happy Mart" Pizza Rolls (Jun '10) 8 hr Frank 9
Carl Mayhorn 16 hr Freeburn 1
who was the two women got married in phelps (Apr '16) Wed SuckMeSideways 29
Fire Dept looks great at hillbilly days Tue chief 867 3

Phelps Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance