Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated May 11, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
joker81

Hanover, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Where is their jobs at around phelps?
Jack

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

The coal is flyin on Peter Creek these days. thank you obama!
joker81

Providence Forge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wheres peter creek? Is it past phelps high school or toward wv?
Nutty neighbor

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Going towards Williamson It's the first place you come to when you go down the mountain
joker81

Providence Forge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

How far is delbarton from phelps?
Nutty neighbor

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 30, 2012
 
Not far I think you go through matewan go to google maps and it'll give directions and mileage hope that helps ! God bless!
DAVY PRUITT

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 1, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

revelation is owned by an international energy company..just like a LOT of local coal mines. they are in the process of a land grab that will result in them being a large local company with a LOT of leverage over small operators.. in the future expect Revelation to drive down wages across the board when coal does eventually come up in price.
wow

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 3, 2012
 
DAVY PRUITT wrote:
revelation is owned by an international energy company..just like a LOT of local coal mines. they are in the process of a land grab that will result in them being a large local company with a LOT of leverage over small operators.. in the future expect Revelation to drive down wages across the board when coal does eventually come up in price.
well said my friend, well said. that is exactly what is in the making
TFF418

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Dude Jeff Hoops owns & operates Revelation Energy, he bought a lot of these jobs the big corporate giants were mining & screwing up. Hoops started what is now Frasure Creek Mining & sold it out, then went & formed Revelation Energy, he's one hell of a coal operator & most guys seem to think a lot of him. Ive heard first hand he's all business & gets it done. We need more operators & owners like Jeff Hoops, and even Jim Booth & David Duff.
Widows Branch mud

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Just look at all the mud this Co, is putting on this road .looks like they putting out more mud than coal and whats funny about this is people setting on their a@s and letting this Revelation Energy do what they want to, mud all throw Phelps, and people need to ban together and stop them shooting or dynamiting so hard , but no just set on your a@s and do nothing ,thats why this place is like it is now ,nobody wants to do anything about anything, I am doing my part ,how about you ,in other words you do not do your part i quit,if you can put up with this I can too
fyi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Widows Branch mud wrote:
Just look at all the mud this Co, is putting on this road .looks like they putting out more mud than coal and whats funny about this is people setting on their a@s and letting this Revelation Energy do what they want to, mud all throw Phelps, and people need to ban together and stop them shooting or dynamiting so hard , but no just set on your a@s and do nothing ,thats why this place is like it is now ,nobody wants to do anything about anything, I am doing my part ,how about you ,in other words you do not do your part i quit,if you can put up with this I can too
Set there and draw your check then and let the rest of them guys work. A little mud and thousands of miners are getting laid off. Get over it. I can handle the mud if our men can get to work. Some people
surface miner

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Too many people has lost there jobs.And someone is worried about a little mud on the road.

“"shes a wild one"”

Since: Jan 13

In the Pines, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

surface miner wrote:
Too many people has lost there jobs.And someone is worried about a little mud on the road.
i sure do agree with you there.
there is or was an entire thread on here devoted to bitching and whining about some mud...
we all know there is going to be mud around coal mine operations...it will dry up in the summer, or maybe it wont.
but either way, i would sure rather see the miners working than to see the mud and all the jobs dry up.
Coal Miner

Grundy, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The mud situation will be resolved and yes people should be glad there's still a mine working in Phelps. Gonna be some positive changes coming so hang in there and keep the coal rolling.
Honestly

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 15, 2013
 
I'd like to know just exactly where these anti-coal or mud on the road checkers think their checks are gonna come from. When the coal stops rolling in WV and Kentucky the tax dollars are gonna stop then all the resources these people have been relying on will dissolve and what are they gonna do then. Te center of our lively hoods in this area is coal everything evolves around coal. The news really working and paying taxes would never consider complaining about somebody making a taxable dollar.
Jobless Bum

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Id love to have the job of the guy that is sitting in the water truck for hours on end on widows branch. You go through he is sitting beside the road with feet propped up, come back a few hours later he is still doing the same thing. Would be nice to have such a easy job
coal

Wayland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

I don't care how you try to justify the mud, you're still in violation of the law. I was a coal miner in WV until recently and we didn't pull no garbage like that. Quit making excuses and buy some GD gravel. Oh and remember this, its easy to support coal until it stops supporting you and your kids at Christmas. Coal companies don't give a damn about you. Still don't justify your mud for jobs. There is a right and a wrong way to operate. If you can't do it right I hope they shut you down.
why

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 4, 2013
 
Revelation is a short timer look for layoffs soon the job down on 30 didnt have the coal on it and rumor after big tree was fired that they are cutting waaaayyy back!! Good luck to all the miners!!
funny

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 5, 2013
 
Widows Branch mud wrote:
Just look at all the mud this Co, is putting on this road .looks like they putting out more mud than coal and whats funny about this is people setting on their a@s and letting this Revelation Energy do what they want to, mud all throw Phelps, and people need to ban together and stop them shooting or dynamiting so hard , but no just set on your a@s and do nothing ,thats why this place is like it is now ,nobody wants to do anything about anything, I am doing my part ,how about you ,in other words you do not do your part i quit,if you can put up with this I can too
Then quit BITCHIN like you are.Is it to muddy for you to go get your check outta the box. Some people irk me.
funny

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Mar 5, 2013
 
coal wrote:
I don't care how you try to justify the mud, you're still in violation of the law. I was a coal miner in WV until recently and we didn't pull no garbage like that. Quit making excuses and buy some GD gravel. Oh and remember this, its easy to support coal until it stops supporting you and your kids at Christmas. Coal companies don't give a damn about you. Still don't justify your mud for jobs. There is a right and a wrong way to operate. If you can't do it right I hope they shut you down.
If I was you I would move to W.Va. where as you say they do things right. When coal stoppes supporting my son and daughter in law then I will worry about the mud but let them work until then.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Phelps Forum right now

Search the Phelps Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min DITCH MITCH 147,227
Chilly willys 2 hr Amen 5
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 8 hr freak 81,565
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 16 hr Flint hill bandit 16,132
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 16 hr Flint hill bandit 1,017
majestic school 22 hr DCP 122
Phelps High School Ball Fields Wed NO FIELDS 46
•••
•••
•••
•••

Phelps Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Phelps People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Phelps News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Phelps
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••