we need a pharmacy in phelps

Posted in the Phelps Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lifethreatening

Manchester, KY

#1 Jan 3, 2013
this is how it goes u go 2 the doc the doc says what pharmacy do u want your meds called in to? u say "well since I live in phelps, phelps" . who knows u may be having a heart attack or have serious case of staff infection an need medicine quick .....you say are my meds ready "hhuuhh there not here" and they will never be there .....my advice make sure you know someone that lives maybe close to levisa pharmacy or kimper pharmacy if your doc has to call in your meds an you in serious condition!!!!!!
nutty neighbor

Jonesborough, TN

#2 Jan 3, 2013
Mccarr has a rite aid Phelps should too!!!!
Howly

Ransom, KY

#3 Jan 3, 2013
Ok
people that make ya go hm

Phelps, KY

#4 Jan 3, 2013
We have a great Pharmacy, I thank God for what we do have. They do a great job.
nutty neighbor

Jonesborough, TN

#5 Jan 3, 2013
RITE AID is not only a pharmacy its a good store that actually run sales on items you need !!!
Drummer

Winchester, KY

#6 Jan 3, 2013
nutty neighbor wrote:
RITE AID is not only a pharmacy its a good store that actually run sales on items you need !!!
AMEN !! Also, someone should re-open that NAPA. I never heard of a NAPA closing before.
nutty neighbor

Jonesborough, TN

#7 Jan 3, 2013
True all towns need a auto parts store!!!! Phelps also needs a good fast food restaurant!!! If someone would invest in a fast food. Place could you imagine the money.they could make??
Drummer

Winchester, KY

#8 Jan 3, 2013
With healthy options I would go for a good fast food place. I kinda figured that the big places do their stupid surveys and count us out. BUT they must not consider the traffic running through .... a fast food place like Wendy's or burger king. Then McDonald's would find us. lol
Drummer

Winchester, KY

#9 Jan 3, 2013
lifethreatening wrote:
this is how it goes u go 2 the doc the doc says what pharmacy do u want your meds called in to? u say "well since I live in phelps, phelps" . who knows u may be having a heart attack or have serious case of staff infection an need medicine quick .....you say are my meds ready "hhuuhh there not here" and they will never be there .....my advice make sure you know someone that lives maybe close to levisa pharmacy or kimper pharmacy if your doc has to call in your meds an you in serious condition!!!!!!
Sorry for your trouble. That does suck. Complain to the pharmacy assn. They're licensed.

I am fortunate and also work at maintaining decent health some are not so lucky and health cannot be taken for granted. But I've never had anything more legit than antiBs. I've been precribed pain pills before for this or that but am now very glad I never filled the scrip maintaining my tough guy attitude and being among the lucky who didn't get addicted by mistake. My Grandma needed something and I would have cheerfully kicked the butt of anyone who dragged feet on her.
kimper

Nerinx, KY

#10 Jan 4, 2013
i never used citizen's drug. the prices at kimper are worth the drive! next time u have to get meds filled, call and ask...compare the prices. i guarantee you'll switch too. plus u never have to wait more than 20 minutes!
Go to Mccarr

Pikeville, KY

#11 Jan 4, 2013
I left Phelps Pharmacies a long time ago and very glade I did ,in my book they need to go back to school and learn something ,I know a lot of people including me that has a lot of problems with this bunch, Go to Mccarr at Blackberry Ky ,you be glade you did ,might be a little further to go but will worth it, they treat you like family their.
Go to Mccarr or Kimper

Pikeville, KY

#12 Jan 4, 2013
Any place but Phelps they give me and my family a hard time , I agree with -->kimper<-- compare price ,Kimper is good but I like Mccarr ,but both are very good ,i quit Phelps a long time ago ,and very glade i did ,might have to go a little further but will worth it ,what i know about Phelps pharmacy ,I would drive to Pikeville to get my meds before i go back to Phelps Pharmacy
Drummer

Winchester, KY

#13 Jan 4, 2013
Kinda funny, I parked there today and never saw more people at busy. My friend pointed out: look, they're OPEN.

I think they are always open when we go to the store there. I think someone's been reading topix.

They look like nice people. Wonder what the service issue is.
nutty neighbor

Jonesborough, TN

#14 Jan 4, 2013
They close at 5 !!! They messed up on a refill for my child's med I had a refill they said call Dr which I did he even said there was a refill but who knows?? I only went there when I had to their prices are crazy 28 dollars for my med only 4 at walmart!!
Drummer

Winchester, KY

#15 Jan 4, 2013
LOL !! I did not know. I have been very fortunate to never need a pharmacy. That sounds CRAZY!!!
I expect to pay some more due to transit but not 16 dollars more.

I know many pharmacists would fill a child's prescription no matter WHAT they had to do. That's why doctors have answering services.

They should be making the phone calls. Two professionals talking.

A worried parent or sick person should not have any more put on them. Those professions are both well-paid to take care of US.

That said, I have been impressed with Walmart pharmacists. When you go to consult they will really try to help you. I have had them special order stuff I want like activated charcoal and such. I would consider it an honor to serve my small town. It's sad when a corporate pharmacist can be more kind.
nutty neighbor

Jonesborough, TN

#16 Jan 4, 2013
Very true!!!
Coal

Grundy, VA

#17 Jan 6, 2013
You got one in every damn holler
one more

Nerinx, KY

#18 Jan 7, 2013
Be thankful it's only one in every holler. Where I live, there's SEVENTEEN pill dealers just on this road. That's not counting the bootlegger and the weed dealers. You all think Phelps is bad, move somewhere else and you'll see just how safe that town really is.
decent

Macon, GA

#19 Jan 8, 2013
Kimper pharmacy is good..
lol

Macon, GA

#20 Jan 9, 2013
Go to Mccarr wrote:
I left Phelps Pharmacies a long time ago and very glade I did ,in my book they need to go back to school and learn something ,I know a lot of people including me that has a lot of problems with this bunch, Go to Mccarr at Blackberry Ky ,you be glade you did ,might be a little further to go but will worth it, they treat you like family their.
Sounds to me like you need to go back to school and learn something, like how to SPELL. First off, glade is an air freshener. Are you GLAD I pointed that out? I know who this is because every topic you post on you misspell the same words. Funny how on most sites you point out that this person or that person needs an education, or schooling, when Hell from the looks of things, you could stand to go back yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phelps Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Billy Estep 13 hr Looking 1
New drug dealer and theft Thu Hygf 6
property tax up in pike county ky Thu no lube 40
little freddie hamilton Nov 21 Funny 7
Hey Greg Fan Ning Nov 20 Greg Gets Seconds 4
Keith Hall's ex wife needs to let it go (Jan '14) Nov 19 howdy 133
Jeff Harvey Nov 19 Crooks Supporting... 1

Phelps Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance