Phelan to get roads paved

Phelan to get roads paved

There are 6 comments on the Victorville Daily Press story from Sep 23, 2008, titled Phelan to get roads paved. In it, Victorville Daily Press reports that:

SAN BERNARDINO A project approved Tuesday will give Phelan residents five miles of newly paved road and two signal-controlled railroad crossings to improve safety.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Victorville Daily Press.

Janet Sackwar

Ashburn, VA

#1 Oct 27, 2008
We have been waiting for 19 years to have Caughlin, and Duncan paved. These were to be paved in 2 years according to realtors and the press. That was in 1989 when we bought out here. Everyone that we have talked to since was told the same thing. We have roads that are inadequate for the amount of people that have been allowed to build out here and yet the building is still going on. Either pave the roads so that we can get in and out without ruining our vehicles, or quit allowing building and remove the homes that are empty so that we do not have any more people moving out here than we already do. The grading on Caughlin has caused a berm on the side of the road that is very high. The road has been cut down so much that it is to a point that when it rains it is very slippery and dangerous to drive on. WHEN IS THE COUNTY GOING TO DO SOMETHING FOR US!!!!!!! besides allowing more people into the area so that they can have more revenue for their own pet projects!!!!!!! If their was ever a major disaster out here, how do you plan on getting all these people and animals out????? I think the county of San Bernardino should be held personally liable for any loss resulting from a situation like this, as they have been inept in doing something about it.

“Born to Die!”

Since: Nov 08

Phelan,CA

#2 Nov 7, 2008
Janet Sackwar wrote:
We have been waiting for 19 years to have Caughlin, and Duncan paved. These were to be paved in 2 years according to realtors and the press. That was in 1989 when we bought out here. Everyone that we have talked to since was told the same thing. We have roads that are inadequate for the amount of people that have been allowed to build out here and yet the building is still going on. Either pave the roads so that we can get in and out without ruining our vehicles, or quit allowing building and remove the homes that are empty so that we do not have any more people moving out here than we already do. The grading on Caughlin has caused a berm on the side of the road that is very high. The road has been cut down so much that it is to a point that when it rains it is very slippery and dangerous to drive on. WHEN IS THE COUNTY GOING TO DO SOMETHING FOR US!!!!!!! besides allowing more people into the area so that they can have more revenue for their own pet projects!!!!!!! If their was ever a major disaster out here, how do you plan on getting all these people and animals out????? I think the county of San Bernardino should be held personally liable for any loss resulting from a situation like this, as they have been inept in doing something about it.
I just moved out here a few months ago. There isnt a way to go east/west on a paved road without going at least 5 miles out of your way. I checked the Co. of San Bernardino website and didnt even find a mention of Phelan. I think I will stop paying taxes until they start acknowledging us. I did hear that the Co Tax Assessor has the best dope in town!
Govt Mule

Jamestown, TN

#3 Aug 30, 2009
I visited your town of Phelan last week and I too was surprised about the roads in your county. I live in a very rural Tennessee farm land area and All of our county roads are paved and have been for over 10 years, anyway I hope the best for your road situation because I was treated very nice there. Thanks guys
bladeofgrass

Adelanto, CA

#4 Sep 28, 2010
Putting horse manure on the dirt roads makes it smoother. People who know about it are doing it. Cars and trucks that drive on the roads will pack it down. More people with horses should start doing this. It works.
Clear Blue Spit

Adelanto, CA

#7 Mar 4, 2011
Obama said hes trying to get jobs going for Americans, So why are their all illegal aliens building a new road right off Oasis. How sad. Even the people holding the slow down and stop signs are illegal aliens. This is construction work being done by illegal aliens, while Americans are living out of their vehicles in the desert. There is something terribly wrong with this country.
Earth First

Hesperia, CA

#8 Apr 27, 2016
Why are so many people turning their property into junk yards. The new people moving out here are braking every rule in the book. Trashing up the desert and storing a hundred vehicles on their property. They are also mowing down virgin desert with their illegal dirt bikes. Who's in charge anymore? Machine guns are illegal out here and so are dirt bikes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phelan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good person 19 hr Who 3
News Victorville ranked No. 9 on 'California's most ... Jul 22 Lulubelle Fire 5
News Reed, Leona Amanda Jul 19 Bob Farmer 1
Nortenos & Oriental Troops are warned (Mar '08) Jul 9 Tijuana 14 norte 37
News High Desert residents struggle with wind turbin... (Mar '10) Jun '16 Solarman 25
the music thread (Apr '12) Jun '16 Musikologist 20
Ashley Madison (Aug '15) Mar '16 Jailtheabuser 6

Phelan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Phelan Mortgages