bill jones

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2008

The Dalton Family Reunion is going to be held in Winston-Salem, North Carolina on the third weekend in July. I found this out according to the October 2007 issue of Ebony Magazine which featured the Dalton family of Stokes County, North Carolina.
I have been trying to connect my family to this family for seven months, but I have not been successful. For starters, I am living in Syracuse, NY, but I am originally from Martinsville, Virginia. Granville Dalton was the founder of this family, and his son, John W. Dalton was the one who started the family reunion.
I know deep down in my soul that my father is connected to this family in some way, if not by blood, then some other way. Here is my genealogy.
William Jones, father. Beulah Dalton Hairston was his mother; John H. Dalton and Nannie Anderson Dalton were Beulah's parents; John's mother was Cinda Dalton, a slave, born in 1858. All of my family did come from Stokes County.
I have tried everything to get in touch with the Daltons, but I have failed. If anyone has any information please contact me at moodyman5@yahoo.com. Thanks for your attention.
patricia lawson chandler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2008

I am also looking for the Dalton family having the reunion in Winston Salem NC. My mother,s name is Gloria Dalton, Her fathers name was Sweed Dalton and his fathers name was Sam Dalton from Winston Salem NC. He had a brother name Tom Dalton. Sam married a woman name Marie and moved to Pittsburgh Pa. They had 10 children. I am the great granddaughter of Sam. I moved to Winston Salem 3 years ago and would very much like to meet my family. Anyone can reach me at lawsonchandlerp@bellsouth.net. Thank you so much. I would love to be able to attend any of the events this weekend.
Chelsea A

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

bill jones wrote:
The Dalton Family Reunion is going to be held in Winston-Salem, North Carolina on the third weekend in July. I found this out according to the October 2007 issue of Ebony Magazine which featured the Dalton family of Stokes County, North Carolina.
I have been trying to connect my family to this family for seven months, but I have not been successful. For starters, I am living in Syracuse, NY, but I am originally from Martinsville, Virginia. Granville Dalton was the founder of this family, and his son, John W. Dalton was the one who started the family reunion.
I know deep down in my soul that my father is connected to this family in some way, if not by blood, then some other way. Here is my genealogy.
William Jones, father. Beulah Dalton Hairston was his mother; John H. Dalton and Nannie Anderson Dalton were Beulah's parents; John's mother was Cinda Dalton, a slave, born in 1858. All of my family did come from Stokes County.
I have tried everything to get in touch with the Daltons, but I have failed. If anyone has any information please contact me at moodyman5@yahoo.com. Thanks for your attention.
My grandmother was Rosa Belle Dalton and her parents were Sam and Matilda. My grandmother Rosa was from Pinnacle NC and later moved to Rural Hall NC. I understand that she was related to the Kallums (don't know the spelling)
Chelsea A

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

patricia lawson chandler wrote:
I am also looking for the Dalton family having the reunion in Winston Salem NC. My mother,s name is Gloria Dalton, Her fathers name was Sweed Dalton and his fathers name was Sam Dalton from Winston Salem NC. He had a brother name Tom Dalton. Sam married a woman name Marie and moved to Pittsburgh Pa. They had 10 children. I am the great granddaughter of Sam. I moved to Winston Salem 3 years ago and would very much like to meet my family. Anyone can reach me at lawsonchandlerp@bellsouth.net. Thank you so much. I would love to be able to attend any of the events this weekend.
My grandmother was Rosa Belle Dalton and her parents were Sam and Matilda. My grandmother Rosa was from Pinnacle NC and later moved to Rural Hall NC. I understand that she was related to the Kallums (don't know the spelling). I think she had a cousin called OC and a cousin who was a schoolteacher in Greensboro. My great grandmother was Charlotte Kallum. My grandmother Rosa had 2 sets of children-1st Dalton James "Jim" and Elizabeth "Lizzie". She later married Butler Ervin and had four more children, Wilson,Joseph, JK and Mary. Please contact me to share information. All of my family is in Winston Salem
bill jones

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

The day will come when I shall most definitely prove my connection to Granville Dalton! I know it will. He is the reason for my genealogical research.
Going backwards, the first Dalton in my family was grandmother Beulah Dalton Hairston, and from her, I just know that my tie to Granville Dalton will be established.
darnell dalton

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2009

im trying to see where daltons came from and who all is related
bill jones

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

darnell dalton wrote:
im trying to see where daltons came from and who all is related
Darnell, the Daltons that I am trying to prove that I am related to come from Stokes County NC, with Granville Dalton being its' founder. Granville was married to Lula Price Dalton.
If I can prove that I am related to Granville, then I will belong to a family that has one of the oldest black family reunions in the country.
darnell dalton

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

do you know any of sam dalton's childrens names my granfather's name was sam dalton i never met him though
dalton

Rural Hall, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

I looking for info on my dad's adopted father. John Dalton was born on a plantation in NC in or about 1880. His mom name was Katie. John always said that his mom was a slave on the Dalton Plantation that is where they got there name.
bill jones

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2009

darnell dalton wrote:
do you know any of sam dalton's childrens names my granfather's name was sam dalton i never met him though
Darnell, I am not familiar with your Dalton line, but I shall give you my Dalton ancestry:
Beulah Dalton Hairston(1903-1977), John H. Dalton(1872-19?), Cinda(Sinda)Dalton(1858-18?). I believe that Cinda the daughter of a John Dalton(1832-1922), but I have yet to prove it.
amos

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

when did the dalton family reunion begin?
bill jones

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2009

amos wrote:
when did the dalton family reunion begin?
Amos, the Dalton family reunion began in 1933 in Stokes County, North Carolina.
Are a relative of the Dalton's?
bill jones

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

It is time again for the Dalton Family Reunion! Unfortunately, I am unable to attend for personal reasons. Granville Dalton of Stokes County, North Carolina was the founder of this family.
Again, I shall give my Dalton ancestry: William Jones, born 1932; Beulah Dalton Hairston, my father's mother, born 1903; John Dalton, my great grandfather, born 1872, and John's mother was Sinda (Cinda) Dalton, born 1858. All of my Daltons also came from Stokes County.
It looks like I could be related to Bedford Dalton, who was married to Susan Hairston Dalton, too. Bedford was a witness at John's wedding back in 1899.
donna dalton

New Hill, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2009

darnell dalton wrote:
email me at donnafdalton@yahoo.com i am from stokes county and may have some valuable info for you
Toni M

Mechanicsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

Judged:

Bill Jones - I am a descendant of Granville and Lula Price Dalton. Granville was my great grandfather and his son, John W. Dalton was my grandfather. Nine of John Dalton's eleven children are still living. All attend the annual reunion in North Carolina every July. Please contact me via email and I'll connect you with our family. We have documentation from Washington, DC on our lineage. The Dalton Reunion is the 4th Sunday in July and this year (2009) was our 76 Annual Family Reunion. We appeared in Ebony because last year (2008) was our 75th Annual Reunion.
bill jones

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

Toni,
It is because of Granville that I started my search on my ancestry! I just know that I am related to your family, but I have yet to prove it! Lula came from my hometown of Martinsville Va.
My email is moodyman5@yahoo.com
It is because of the Ebony magazine article from two years ago that I began my quest.
Toni M

Mechanicsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

Bill - I will email you tonight. I believe you are related. We are related to the Hairston's in Martinsville, VA too and I have first cousins who still live in Martinsville today.
Patricia Lawson Chandler - Sweed Dalton is my father's cousin. My Dad lives in Pgh, PA and knows where Sweed Dalton's family is in Pgh, PA. You are definitely related to me and a descendant of Granville Dalton.
bill jones

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2009

Toni,
We need genealogical confirmation through cenus or other records! I have confirmed that Catherine Hairston Anderson was my great great grandmother and that Aulton and Molly were here parents, but the Dalton connection still hovers until the proper documentation has been produced.
Where are you located? I believe that we have corresponded before.
Bill
Yvonne Goolsby

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2010

Judged:

Hello my name is Yvonne Goolsby I am the Daughter of James Goolsby and Mattie Satterfield My mother was also married to a Dalton and lived in stocks county, she raised Teet Dalton childrens Walter, Virginia Dalton and Mable Dalton.My grandmother was Sallie Anderson Goolsby from my Father and from my Mother was Francis Warren Satterfield.
Fell Free to mail me.if you wouldlike to momgoolsby@aol.com
Judith Dalton

Glenside, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2011

I'm Judy Dalton, Patricia Lawson Chandler's first cousin; my dad and her mom are siblings. I'm interested in learning about the Dalton Family and reunion, also, and can be reached at jdalton703@yahoo.com.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Pfafftown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pfafftown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pfafftown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pfafftown