Motorcyclist killed at N.C. 127 inter...

Motorcyclist killed at N.C. 127 intersection

There are 34 comments on the Hickory Daily Record story from Jul 30, 2012, titled Motorcyclist killed at N.C. 127 intersection. In it, Hickory Daily Record reports that:

Jonathan Todd was driving a Yamaha motorcycle south on N.C. 127 at about 2:15 p.m. while at a red light at Falling Creek Road, according to the police report.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hickory Daily Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hang Up and Drive

Hickory, NC

#21 Sep 26, 2012
If you read the police report, it clearly states Sarah Cheek was driving an Acura MDX.

"While stopped, Todd, 41, was struck from behind by a woman driving an Acura MDX. Todd, who is from Pfafftown, died at the scene of the wreck."

The weather was perfect that afternoon. She was either texting, yapping or just zoned out and couldn't have cared less about who was sitting at the light...

She'll walk without serving a day in prison. Perhaps a small fine, a few points on her license...and she'll be back on the road terrorizing more innocents...
on scene

United States

#22 Sep 28, 2012
Well then the police report is totally wrong. That vehicle was a sedan no question about it. Although this fact doesn't help either family. My thoughts and prayers go out to both of their families.
Puzzled

Clemmons, NC

#23 Nov 4, 2012
First of all, I am friend of the Todd family. I understand people make mistakes, but can not understand why this lady has not been charged with anything as of yet.
intellectualinqu irer

Statesville, NC

#24 Nov 29, 2012
Puzzled wrote:
First of all, I am friend of the Todd family. I understand people make mistakes, but can not understand why this lady has not been charged with anything as of yet.
Well, she has been charged and arrested now, and nobody is on here talking about it. Interesting...
NewInformation

Hickory, NC

#25 Nov 29, 2012
Well if the news were the report or people were to post updates to stories likes this then that would be the topic at hand. I know I would like to know what the charges, when, bond, etc. and who her attorney is...

As it is it will more than likely be She’ll have some attorney like Scott Riley, who did the plea bargain for Elisa Baker. He does know how to rub elbows with the right people to drop charges or reduce them to nothing. Going back to the whole if you are "accused" of a crime and you can afford a decent (dirty/underhanded/slime ball) attorney you get minimal time.
Fedup

Lumberton, NC

#27 Nov 29, 2012
Hang Up and Drive wrote:
If you read the police report, it clearly states Sarah Cheek was driving an Acura MDX.
"While stopped, Todd, 41, was struck from behind by a woman driving an Acura MDX. Todd, who is from Pfafftown, died at the scene of the wreck."
The weather was perfect that afternoon. She was either texting, yapping or just zoned out and couldn't have cared less about who was sitting at the light...
She'll walk without serving a day in prison. Perhaps a small fine, a few points on her license...and she'll be back on the road terrorizing more innocents...
She's black, and you're absolutely right. And since she's a typical unconscionable gorilla, Todd will be found at fault. Apefricans always get away with crimes against whites. It's the law of this pathetic, monkey-loving, country.
intellectualinqu irer

Statesville, NC

#28 Nov 29, 2012
This is what's posted on the Hickory Daily Record's website. As for the racist remarks made by Fedup, I think this is all that is necessary to prove his/her ignorance...

http://mobi.hickoryrecord.com/hickory/pm_7109...
Be Blessed

Granite Falls, NC

#29 Nov 30, 2012
this is the first i have seen of this story because i try to stay out of the news but this is sad. i agree IF she was on the phone or texting, yes she should be behind bars for killing this guy. i feel sorry for his family first and foremost and i am sending out prayers to them all, both families involved. but here is another thought, maybe her brakes gave out or some other mishap with her car ? maybe but i do not know. i don't think anyone but her will know until the police finsh what they are doing. as far as justice, U.S has no more of that, it is gone , we have no help because JUSTICE is of no more.
Fedup

Lumberton, NC

#30 Nov 30, 2012
intellectualinquirer wrote:
This is what's posted on the Hickory Daily Record's website. As for the racist remarks made by Fedup, I think this is all that is necessary to prove his/her ignorance...
http://mobi.hickoryrecord.com/hickory/pm_7109...
Well in this case, since she's white, justice will prevail against her as it should, otherwise, NOT.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#32 Dec 2, 2012
Fedup wrote:
<quoted text>Well in this case, since she's white, justice will prevail against her as it should, otherwise, NOT.
What a typical racist douche bag who assumes that all guilty people are black. No wonder the world is not advancing with this type running free to spread their ignorance.
In The Know

Batesburg, SC

#33 Jan 27, 2013
Dear "dondidt ra"
I would confidently say your the "complete moron" who thinks that someone would find theirself worth in an Acura (jealous much? Some people work for what they have) because they are so cool that they would purposefully wreck and kill someone ... I'm sure you have been irresponsible a time or 20- jut as everyone else has. Some people just have bigger consequences than others...it's called an accident-

Dear "new information"
I'm confused as to who you think you are to be entitled to know every detail of a situation that you have zero involvement in- its called being nosy- how dare you bring up Elisa Baker and her attorney in comparison- the two have no logical level of comparison - one was intentional murder and the other an accident resulting in death.

Dear "puzzled"
She has been charged and has the right to a fair trial- the justice system is not necessairly "fair" but there is a just God who knows the intentions and hearts of all involved.
Bubba

Clayton, NC

#34 Jan 30, 2013
In The Know wrote:
Dear "dondidt ra"
I would confidently say your the "complete moron" who thinks that someone would find theirself worth in an Acura (jealous much? Some people work for what they have) because they are so cool that they would purposefully wreck and kill someone ... I'm sure you have been irresponsible a time or 20- jut as everyone else has. Some people just have bigger consequences than others...it's called an accident-
Dear "new information"
I'm confused as to who you think you are to be entitled to know every detail of a situation that you have zero involvement in- its called being nosy- how dare you bring up Elisa Baker and her attorney in comparison- the two have no logical level of comparison - one was intentional murder and the other an accident resulting in death.
Dear "puzzled"
She has been charged and has the right to a fair trial- the justice system is not necessairly "fair" but there is a just God who knows the intentions and hearts of all involved.
Traveling down the highway at 60 miles per hour and not looking at the highway and other motorist on the highway in front of you is not an accident. Use of a cell phone while driving is preventable and completely under the users control. When their disreguard to others safety and causes death to another, it should be treated as premeditated murder.
All Smiles

Morganton, NC

#35 Feb 6, 2013
You would have to be a dumb ass to ride a damn motorcycle. No one respects them! Boom, pow!!!
Bubba

Clayton, NC

#36 Feb 7, 2013
All Smiles wrote:
You would have to be a dumb ass to ride a damn motorcycle. No one respects them! Boom, pow!!!
Your attempt at trying to be funny has failed, however you may be just a little smarter than your IQ would reveal. You had enough sense to post on a thread where no one knows you and you don't have to have the balls to face a cyclist face to face. This way you can spew your nonsense without fear of you being on the recieving end of Boom, Pow! You're an idiot, seriously.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pfafftown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should I take suboxen Jul 31 ANTIgallia 2
does anyone know john pickering Jul 31 nope 2
Will not pay child support (May '07) Jul 29 BabyDaddy 24
dalton family reunion (May '08) Jul 27 edwilliams 26
News Editorial: Flag is gone but racist laws still r... Jul 25 The Black Foreigner 24
Blackburns Store Jul 23 Cool Stang Daddy 1
News War Vet Asks King To Remove Cross From Memorial (Sep '10) Jul 23 NOT in ILL 46
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pfafftown Mortgages