Man drove around railroad gates before being struck by train

There are 3 comments on the May 1, 2009, www.jsonline.com story titled Man drove around railroad gates before being struck by train. In it, www.jsonline.com reports that:

A 64-year-old Oconomowoc man killed when his car was struck by a westbound train in the Village of Pewaukee late Wednesday had driven around the railroad gates before he was hit, according to Police Chief Edward Baumann.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.jsonline.com.

Likt

Riverton, UT

#1 May 1, 2009
I suppose his family will sue the RR for negligence.

Creep.

Since: May 07

washington

#2 May 19, 2009
yeah, have been seeing more and more of these things going to court as civil lawsuits. People don't realize that the train crews are not at fault, it's not like they can just hit the brakes and stop on a dime.

it's just pathetic how sue happy we are as a society. I think the crews should sue the families for undue added stress when situations arrize from this.

people pull you head out of your rear, if you run the crossing just because you are so impatient. It's like playing russian roulette.
eating pizza

United States

#3 May 30, 2009
in heaven there will be a special place for people who drive around the RR arms
and people that drink and drive
and people who point toy guns at the police
and so on and so on

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pewaukee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quad Graphics (Feb '13) 22 hr terry dactyl 8
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin... (Oct '10) Apr 19 BOO BOB 2,234
News Burlington's city administrator Kevin Lahner se... Apr 18 justiceforall 3
Review: Camco Management Inc (Jun '08) Apr 15 Unhappy Owner 48
The Olkwitz Family (Jan '06) Apr 7 anonymous but care 109
Review: Cox Plumbing Co Inc (Oct '08) Mar '15 Bill p 11
Review: Proguard Guardianship Services Mar '15 nanabee 1
More from around the web

Pewaukee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]