Police: Repeat drunken driver used ai...

Police: Repeat drunken driver used air compressor, balloons to ...

There are 42 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 8, 2008, titled Police: Repeat drunken driver used air compressor, balloons to .... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Police say a repeat drunken driver from Waukesha County used a portable air compressor and a balloon to get around the ignition interlock device on his van.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Homer J

Sheboygan, WI

#1 Oct 8, 2008
Necessity is the mother of invention
hdog

Le Center, MN

#3 Oct 8, 2008
He was sober enough to pull this off?
stpaulmn

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Oct 8, 2008
remove his eyes and he wont drive again
Melissa

Manchester, CT

#5 Oct 8, 2008
Geez, you gotta give this man some sort of award, really who thinks this stuff up? If it wasn't such a crime as drunk driving I would say borderline genius. LOL Let him sit in jail and think about it instead of letting him stay at home with access to a car.

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Oct 8, 2008
For gods sake is there no way to stop a drunk driver. I agree remove the eyes.

“Watching the Lemming parade”

Since: Apr 08

St Paul

#9 Oct 8, 2008
I laughed at this story but, in reality, its pretty pathetic. Hmmmm, ok, but I am still laughing.

“Who, me?”

Since: Jun 08

Amery

#10 Oct 8, 2008
Put him in jail for a year. He has proven he can't be trusted to stay sober when driving.
As for his tampering, why is it a misdemeanor? It should be a felony.

This is a person with a drinking problem, and if it isn't stopped, or controlled soon, he will kill himself or someone else driving drunk.
Heh

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Oct 8, 2008
MacGuyver! Watch him use a fish filet and a toothbrush to escape from prison!
SweetBippy

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Oct 8, 2008
It's incredibly frustrating that someone with five DWI's still somehow ends up with a valid drivers license. When are we going to take a lesson from Europe and their much more serious DWI law enforcement? It's a joke what drunk drivers can get away with here in the U.S.

“it takes a lot to laugh...”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#13 Oct 8, 2008
Was this guy on his way to share his beer with his kid? Only in Wisconsin!
COPDd

Nevis, MN

#14 Oct 8, 2008
Commendable response by the neighbor, even though living in Wisconsin gives him or her much more experience in spotting & reacting to drunks.
Pragmatist

Clearwater, MN

#15 Oct 8, 2008
Public School Teacher wrote:
There is not a kid who graduated St. Paul Public Schools that would have been smart enough to figure out this trick sober, drunk, or high. Give the man credit for common sense.
Some other states require a video camera installed in tandem with the interlock device. That way, the tapes of all the starts are reviewed on some defined basis.
Das-Boot

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Oct 8, 2008
Looks like this guy blew-it again!
WSP

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Oct 8, 2008
OK, isn't anyone wondering how the heck he got his license back after FIVE drinking and driving offenses????!!!! He should have his licnse cancelled as he is obviously inimical to public safety. This breathalyzer car starter dealie sounds like it costs way more money than it's worth, it gives back the privilege to drive which should be taken away FOREVER. DUde's crazy
concerned citizen

Rockville, MD

#18 Oct 8, 2008
Public School Teacher wrote:
There is not a kid who graduated St. Paul Public Schools that would have been smart enough to figure out this trick sober, drunk, or high. Give the man credit for common sense.
yeah and lets give the PP an award for teaching all the other drunks out there how to bypass the system..
Melissa

Manchester, CT

#20 Oct 8, 2008
SweetBippy wrote:
It's incredibly frustrating that someone with five DWI's still somehow ends up with a valid drivers license. When are we going to take a lesson from Europe and their much more serious DWI law enforcement? It's a joke what drunk drivers can get away with here in the U.S.
For I minute I was thinking that he wouldn't have a license and maybe he doesn't but they set up the device in his van. This case maybe the exception but I would think that after that many they probably don't have licenses and just drive any car that they can get the keys to regardless of driving without a license. If that makes any sense.
Rachel

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Oct 8, 2008
As serious as DWI's are...especially after 5 of them I got a good chuckle out of this story.
Simon

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Oct 8, 2008
you are all idiots....nothing funny about a guy thats found a way around following his punishment. Put him in jail and throw away the key before he kills someone...this is all fun and games! what the hell is wrong with people...drinking and driving kills! also the need to talk on a cell phone while driving does too....all of you fu*king stop, cars are more dangerous than a gun! your more likely t die from being hit by a car or being in a car wreck than being shot. It's enough! you should all be outraged.
gio

Madison, WI

#23 Oct 8, 2008
There is NO reason what so ever that any city, state, or nation should allow someone to accumulate 5 DUI's. There can be no redeeming qualities that this person possess that I want to be introduced to.
Expecially if he kills someone. The innocent end-up
getting hurt by the stupidity, selfishness and ignorance of one person. Funny now deadly later.
Tasha the heavenly cat

Rochester, MN

#24 Oct 8, 2008
Ingenious. And to think a drunk came up with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pewaukee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Olkwitz Family (Jan '06) Mon unacknowledged de... 111
News Girls, 12, accused in friend's stabbing (Jun '14) Aug 17 racial diversion ... 24
News New Information: Attorney says girl charged in ... (Jun '14) Aug 17 Pokemon GO 9
News Feb. 18 Event: "What do we really know about Is... (Feb '16) Aug 16 Stoner 19
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin... (Oct '10) Aug 15 T-Bow 2,235
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Brookfield, WI Aug 3 Cbridger 1
News Chinese citizen working for Rockwell charged wi... May '16 Moe 1

Pewaukee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pewaukee Mortgages