The abuse of power by the mayor of Pevely

Posted in the Pevely Forum

AOL

#1 Feb 16, 2009
I am not really sure what he thinks he can do as mayor, but running business out of Pevely is not one of them.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#2 Feb 17, 2009
Ok, So what are you talking about?

Festus, MO

#3 Feb 17, 2009
That he can walk into a business that is looking at moving across the town and tell the owner that he (the mayor) is the one that has the last say so and he is the last one that allows and signs business license and if they move it will not be approved...isnt that wrong?
Out of Pevely

Pevely, MO

#4 Feb 17, 2009
Well folks you keep electing him to office. And then when he gets there he changes the term limit. He should be out soon and you will need to put someone in there with class that will help your town grow. How much money is he wasting renaming a street changing all the house numbers and building the Taj? IF the folks of Pevely let him continue to spend spend spend then they deserve what they get.

Location hidden

#5 Feb 17, 2009
Guest wrote:
I am not really sure what he thinks he can do as mayor, but running business out of Pevely is not one of them.
Yes, but what business is he running out of Pevely? I am wondering what business you are talking about?

Location hidden

#6 Feb 17, 2009
Out of Pevely wrote:
Well folks you keep electing him to office. And then when he gets there he changes the term limit. He should be out soon and you will need to put someone in there with class that will help your town grow. How much money is he wasting renaming a street changing all the house numbers and building the Taj? IF the folks of Pevely let him continue to spend spend spend then they deserve what they get.
You are correct. The people of Pevely do keep electing him. So he must be doing something the Majority of the people like.

As to the new city hall, I like it. The facility is too big for the city's current needs, but the city is growing. As the population increases, the departments inside City Hall will need to grow to keep up with the development. Space will be needed. The new city hall facility the space need to allow for growth tha Pevely will experience over the next 50 years. From what I have seen, it is a well built, well thoutht out faciility.

AOL

#7 Feb 19, 2009
Some good points ..yes he still gets elected to office and I am not sure how. The City Hall is big and I agree it should satisfy the growth of the city for many years. I am not sure how it will draw prospective developers to Pevely, but we will see. As far as the term limits for mayor I look for that to change a few months before his term is up. He likes to discuss city business at McDonalds outside of the Alderman and it usually starts as "hey keep this under your hat..big things are happening in Pevely".
tvv

Menomonie, WI

#8 Mar 11, 2009
Mabey that's how he keeps getting elected. I would have to say the people must want him as mayor because they vote for him.

AOL

#9 Mar 20, 2009
Vinny are you going to throw your hat in the ring again. Pevely needs someone to shake things up a bit

Location hidden

#10 Mar 21, 2009
I am currently getting to know people and seeing what is going on in Pevely. I do see some issues that could be addressed. I am sure I will get into it again once I am more familiar with the city, and learn what ward I live in.
BuyerBeware

Bethalto, IL

#11 Sep 9, 2009
He sure will shake things up a bit. He voted Yes on every eminent domain issue. Many lost their land, businesses and jobs. He tried to stop all smoking in Arnold. Many lost their businesses and jobs. He spear headed the Red Light Cameras to bring in boo coo bucks because they needed all the money in the general fund for failing projects. Thanks to all his Tif's and TDD's and XYZ's sales tax is up around 9 percent or more in the Arnold Commons. I hope you folks do alot of research on Arnold before voting this former councilman in.
WRB

Pevely, MO

#12 Sep 9, 2009
shake up is what we need here. Smoking should be ban in all public places (indoors). You sure dont see people walking into a store drinkning a beer. If you want to smoke stay home or go outside. Red light cameras well if people would slow down at a yellow light and not speed up they wouldnt run red light, it is a law plain and simple if you want to break the law then pay the price.TIF's TDD's and XYZ's sales tax is what keep some tax supported entities going. If you can have a sales tax and relieve the burden of property tax for the residents who wouldnt vote for that. If you dont like the 9 percent at Arnold Commons DONT SHOP THERE. He cant be any worse than the current mayor that we have now.
BuyerBeware

Bethalto, IL

#13 Sep 10, 2009
You haven't seen abuse like we have had for 8 years !
If you don't like your Mayor DON'T VOTE FOR HIM.
Were glad he left and we voted the rest of the wolves out, but then again you sound like you deserve him. You left out eminent domain, maybe you will be the first to loose your land.
The funniest thing ever is after he made such a mess of Arnold he actually claimed it cost to much too live here and jumped ship for Pevely.
Discreet Info Man

Springfield, MO

#15 Jun 7, 2013
Well I posted this before everybody read the Leader and 3 former alderman signed the audit did they know this while they were in office. 1 alderman was probably drinking toooooo much beer. 1 alderman was wanting to fire people thats been employed awhile another alderman was patting buttocks and giving bottle of water and then 20 dollars so he would not get into trouble Weel they fired the city attorney Monday night he was like the Chicago Cubs he could not win the big one (Pure Pleasure). Well I was informed that the police officers have to write 60 Knobloch Tickets to keep their job, watch your speed. Watch out for the barber shop gang and the Bimbo that drives the maroon car she a real deal
billy

Hillsboro, MO

#16 Jun 12, 2013
This town is broke but they want to buy more land for the parks I don't understand how they can do that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pevely Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fox C-6 Outlandish Lunch Debts 15 hr Paul Bunyan 9
New Plaza Tue ArnoldCC 4
Tom Crane May 4 bob123 1
Telegraph road speed limit May 4 luvhockey 3
Boy Scout Troop 450 Sale (May '10) May 2 John mitchell 2
Ed Haynes/ 5 star paving is a crook (Jan '14) May 1 Screwed over 10
Selling fetish items (Jul '13) May 1 lillyudirtygirl 3
More from around the web

Pevely People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE