First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dave

San Jose, CA

#1 May 31, 2006
petrolia, is my home town and although i'm away fron that beautiful and its wonderful people i'll always carry petrolia in my heart.
Boogieman

United States

#2 Jun 5, 2006
It's a nice little town, the Scientologist bunker there is a bit spooky....but that's a totally different subject!
dave

Denver, CO

#3 Jun 26, 2006
dave wrote:
petrolia, is my home town and although i'm away fron that beautiful and its wonderful people i'll always carry petrolia in my heart.
yeah, i heard about that thing. scary.
gers

Répcelak, Hungary

#4 Sep 8, 2006
Hallo,I'm looking for a family in Petrolia.Their family name is Lorantfy.Anybody knows them?
Matt

Ypsilanti, MI

#5 Sep 25, 2006
I lived in Petrolia from about 1973 to the end of 1982. Was the best years of my life. I miss the place. But, there aren't good jobs in Humboldt County.
dave

Denver, CO

#6 Sep 29, 2006
Matt wrote:
I lived in Petrolia from about 1973 to the end of 1982. Was the best years of my life. I miss the place. But, there aren't good jobs in Humboldt County.
matt, i know what you mean lived in the area myself. really miss the old sod too. i couldn't find my niche either, i certainly don't want to have anything to do with dope. so you are limited. goodluck.
gers

Répcelak, Hungary

#9 Oct 11, 2006
....something more:I already met with your parents.
They were in Hungary to visit us in 1987.
magyarorszag

Répcelak, Hungary

#10 Dec 9, 2006
dec.9th,... in the memorian of the hungarian football hero: Ferenc Puskas. Rest in Peace...Öcsi bácsi...

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

formerly Nuneaton

#11 Mar 20, 2007
Tell the scientologists about the up & coming big earthquake.

That may make them a little less closed (probably just as scary).

NB. I am a scientist rather than scientologist, and can therefore explain where & how. See forum note posted about it. Appears as though it is classical dry county, the oil industry did the same to the UK in 1999.

Have a nice day Ag :)
Matt

Ypsilanti, MI

#12 Apr 16, 2007
dave wrote:
<quoted text>
matt, i know what you mean lived in the area myself. really miss the old sod too. i couldn't find my niche either, i certainly don't want to have anything to do with dope. so you are limited. goodluck.
I Went back to Petrolia in 1989. Worked for CDF fighting forest fires. But, once again, when the rain came, the job ended, and I could not find a job. Had to go back to Ventura County, north of LA.
jed

United States

#13 Apr 21, 2007
I work in the mattole yalley and the people in pertrolia are alot nicer and friendlier than the people in honeydew
lostcoastdave

San Jose, CA

#14 May 8, 2007
jed wrote:
I work in the mattole yalley and the people in pertrolia are alot nicer and friendlier than the people in honeydew
times have really changed in the mattole valley. people weren't as distrustful as they are now. i think it's all the new comers and the vacation people. many of them seem to size you up as possible seasonal help. or property vandals.
everyone along the lost coast thinks of money and the value of their land. i miss the place i use to know, back in the early and mid '70's. it was fresh and friendly. does anyone remember the family that use to make incredible and inexpensive cheap wines? cherry, plum, apple, apricot,and peach wines? they'd sell it in a one gallon milk jug for three bucks.
a nice day was getting a jug , some bait,and go fishing by the lighthouse. catch something good and cook it right then and there. nothing better.throw in some wild onions and asparagus, found along side the road.
lostcoastdave

San Jose, CA

#15 May 8, 2007
Matt wrote:
<quoted text>
I Went back to Petrolia in 1989. Worked for CDF fighting forest fires. But, once again, when the rain came, the job ended, and I could not find a job. Had to go back to Ventura County, north of LA.
sorry to hear about the lack of a more perminate job, matt. the fire work is very seasonal, as you know, that's a problem. it's always been my wish to start some sort of business in colo. that i could sell and move back to the redwood coast and maybe buy something there. nothing fancy just a place to hang at and live my life out there. i really miss the place. the rain the trees the water the sun old dirt roads cutting through the ferns and valleys.
sorry too that you had to move to ventura county. i myself never had luck with any place south of santa cruz.
Spelling Critic

Eureka, CA

#16 May 14, 2007
Why is the page titled: "my pertrolia" - the town is Petrolia...
dave

Denver, CO

#17 Jun 11, 2007
stop throwing your big city, fancy dan, eureka education in our faces, critic.
Sean

Santa Clara, CA

#18 Jul 18, 2007
I grew up in the Mattole valley from 1990 until 2000, and I had an incredible time living there. Nowhere else can you have a chance to do the things that you can do out there. But when I turned 18, I had to go and do something with my life. I still have friends out there, and I will always consider it my home.
Matt

Orrville, OH

#19 Jul 28, 2007
Anybody in Petrolia, if you see Travis Howe, tell him Matt said "Hi, When/where is the poker game". With Eddie Etter (Died), Danny Rathbun, and maybe even Kalin Flournoy & Eric.

Later Daze!
Smarter now than then

AOL

#20 Aug 8, 2007
Never take a "free personalilty test" from a Scientologist.

Nothing you get from a Scientogist is free.
connie

Simi Valley, CA

#21 Oct 14, 2007
looking for leo baker? anyone know him..
country girl

Mckinleyville, CA

#22 Nov 12, 2007
i grew up in petrolia, went away , and now back again. yes it's changed since 70's and so but for the most part everyone is still kind and polite. YELLOW ROSE in p-town is for sale.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Petrolia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spongy Applecart Jun 26 MagicCarpetRide 1
News Investigation into Monday night chase and shoot... (May '09) Jun '18 Fedup 144
News KHSU apologizes for on-the-air remark (Apr '12) May '18 Not Community Radio 2
News Sheriff's deputies arrest two after high-speed ... (Sep '10) Apr '18 Stand up for kids 24
News Woman fleeing CHP drowns in Eel River (Mar '11) Mar '18 cierra21 9
Strain Feb '18 Genetics 1
News Final homeless count tally released (Jul '09) Jan '18 huh no kisses 95

Petrolia Jobs

Personal Finance

Petrolia Mortgages