American Indian Tribes celebrate deal with the state of Michiga...

Full story: WZZM Grand Rapids
PETOSKEY- Five American Indian tribes and the state are celebrating an agreement designed to end decades of legal wrangling over members' hunting and fishing rights. Full Story
Bob

United States

#1 Dec 8, 2007
Hi
Custer

Holland, MI

#2 Dec 8, 2007
what a load of crap.
more racism, check out Washington state thats what will happen here soon.
if a white person gets hungry, by law he cant hunt for food...do you believe that BS
Sick of unemployment

Muskegon, MI

#3 Dec 8, 2007
I bet the indians could sell you a hunk of deer meat.
Native Boy

United States

#4 Dec 9, 2007
How is this racism? Tis is a deal that the federal government and native americans cae up with a long time ago. What is a load of crap is that it took over a hundred years to get the government to honor the treaty. If a white person gets hungry there is always hunting andfishing to feed him. How is that different from the rights we get? The time difference should'nt meananything. However to close minded people it does and I understand that. But what if it was the other way around? Would'nt you want the rights that were promised to you or your people? Now your going to come up with the argument that it was over a hundred yers ago. If thats the case the government should not have promised these things to my people and their descendants. It is people like you that make some of us afraid to go ut and do the thins that was given to us. So how is this racism? Why is it that African Americans get coverage in all news articles for an entire month and my peole was given a month by George Bush called Native American Hertage Month and nothig gets said about it anywhere? Now thats racism. Or a severe overlook.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Petoskey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Brown-Powers Bridget Attorney Nov 4 Lynda 1
Petoskey Police Aug '14 Scott Eldridge 1
Just asking (Mar '06) Apr '14 JR S 10
Review: Ilaria Hair Studio (Jul '13) Apr '14 Phil Hoffman 4
Looking for Shaler relatives (Feb '11) Mar '14 Sneaky Pete 4
Jim Cramer's Mad Dash: EBAY (Mar '14) Mar '14 Philip Cohen 1
overdoses (Feb '14) Feb '14 Sneaky Pete 2
Petoskey Dating
Find my Match

Petoskey People Search