M-ROCK, closing doors???

Posted in the Peterstown Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned Citizen

Humble, TX

#1 May 27, 2008
There has been talk inside of the company that Matt Mann owns some say the company is going down hill fast some say he lost the contract with Lowes. I know they got kicked off a job site a couple weeks ago and production has slowed from around 3000 sq. ft. a day down to between 1600 to 1800 sq. ft. a day. A talk of down sizement has been heard alot of the employees have also went over to COMMON WEALTH BOLT in Rich Creek and turned in applications there.So Someone spread som light on this subject.
rockguy

Lubbock, TX

#2 May 28, 2008
i can say that every thing is fine at m-rock . i have been there for a long time. and i can say this is not true. common wealth bolt i believe is closed, so your info is greatly flawed
concerned

Vinton, VA

#3 May 28, 2008
rockguy wrote:
i can say that every thing is fine at m-rock . i have been there for a long time. and i can say this is not true. common wealth bolt i believe is closed, so your info is greatly flawed
Commonwealth Bolt is not closed. They have just changed hands and getting ready to boom.
Concerned Citizen

Humble, TX

#4 May 28, 2008
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Commonwealth Bolt is not closed. They have just changed hands and getting ready to boom.
i can only say what i have heard and alot of my friends work in there and they say the place is goin down they say the pay isnt all its cracked up to be they get onto people for some jacked up stuff and its not a healthy place to work what with all the dust stagnated water blocked pipes backed up sewer problem it dont sound like its a great place i know when people ask me about it i tell them exactly what i have heard about the place i believe with the sewer problem i think the dept. of human health resources should be called in if its not fixed its dangerous and the gasses could be fatal if not taken care of i know if i worked there i would be making some calls and getting stuff taken care of because i believe in a safe and clean work environment so take care of your employees matt before you lose them all
concerned

Appomattox, VA

#5 May 28, 2008
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>i can only say what i have heard and alot of my friends work in there and they say the place is goin down they say the pay isnt all its cracked up to be they get onto people for some jacked up stuff and its not a healthy place to work what with all the dust stagnated water blocked pipes backed up sewer problem it dont sound like its a great place i know when people ask me about it i tell them exactly what i have heard about the place i believe with the sewer problem i think the dept. of human health resources should be called in if its not fixed its dangerous and the gasses could be fatal if not taken care of i know if i worked there i would be making some calls and getting stuff taken care of because i believe in a safe and clean work environment so take care of your employees matt before you lose them all
Do you believe everything you hear. Maybe you better go check the place out for yourself. If it was in that bad of shape, I'm sure the health department would have already closed it down.
Concerned Citizen

Humble, TX

#6 May 28, 2008
ok i wasnt goin to say anything about it but since u wanna be smart about it i have seen pictures from a guy that works there and it dont look good the only reason why the HD hasnt been in there is because noone has called about it yet so before you really go pointing fingers i would go check it all out for yourself and you would see the problems and taste the dust and smell the swere and stagnation
concerned

Hillsboro, WV

#7 May 28, 2008
Concerned Citizen wrote:
ok i wasnt goin to say anything about it but since u wanna be smart about it i have seen pictures from a guy that works there and it dont look good the only reason why the HD hasnt been in there is because noone has called about it yet so before you really go pointing fingers i would go check it all out for yourself and you would see the problems and taste the dust and smell the swere and stagnation
Learn to spell.
Monroe Concerned

United States

#8 May 29, 2008
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Why areyou so angry about this? Stop complaining if you don't even work there. If the employees feel unsafe then they should contact the health dept.
Not Concerned

Lubbock, TX

#9 May 29, 2008
I have known Matt Mann for a long time and am a frequent visitor to M-Rock. I have toured the facility because of my acquaintance with him and several other employees. I know for a fact the Lowe's deal is still there. Go into any store from WV to FL and you will see their display. Sounds like either a former employee or one who is just unhappy with their current job.
level headed

Bluefield, WV

#10 May 29, 2008
maybe that is why commonwealth sold out the other company just now bought it so they will fix it up. Also alot of people are applying because they are going to pay more. The employees there now that are complaining are only complaining because the new company promised a large order that they will have to work this weekend to fill. the way I look at it if you are afraid to work the hours you are getting paid for quit and let someone who will work have the job. the way gas is we all need some overtime and close to home.

“Running Out Front”

Since: Feb 08

Gods Country

#11 May 29, 2008
Sounds like some want payed an do nothing! If they dont want to work then leave! Theirs many that want to work!
country girl

Little Valley, NY

#12 May 30, 2008
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said! Plus their adding a second shift which will double the employees.
country girl

Little Valley, NY

#13 May 30, 2008
By the way the new name of the company is JennMar.
From the Manager

Lubbock, TX

#14 May 30, 2008
Hello everyone! This is Kimberly Cook, the Office Manager at M-Rock. It's nice to hear we are a topic of conversation! However, let me set a few things straight to satisfy the rumors being circulated. First, M-Rock has not been sold to anyone we have been and are still owned by Matt and Kim Mann. Second, we have not lost our contract with Lowe's. I should know since I personally process the orders EVERY day. We are NOT closing our doors and we are not laying anyone off.

As far as the complaints about the health hazards go, it just simply isn't true. I am here at the facility every day, a lot of times on weekends and after hours. I am a wife and mom. Those of you who know me, also know my experience in the workforce. Do you honestly think I would be working here if I thought it was so bad or I would continue to stay if M-Rock were closing? I am completely devoted to our company and am very proud of what we have accomplished. It has been a lot of hard work and I have absolutely no intention of leaving. If you have any questions call the office, I will be glad to answer your questions.

Sincerely,
Kimberly Cook
Office Manager
M-Rock, Inc
level headed

Bluefield, WV

#15 May 30, 2008
From the Manager wrote:
Hello everyone! This is Kimberly Cook, the Office Manager at M-Rock. It's nice to hear we are a topic of conversation! However, let me set a few things straight to satisfy the rumors being circulated. First, M-Rock has not been sold to anyone we have been and are still owned by Matt and Kim Mann. Second, we have not lost our contract with Lowe's. I should know since I personally process the orders EVERY day. We are NOT closing our doors and we are not laying anyone off.
As far as the complaints about the health hazards go, it just simply isn't true. I am here at the facility every day, a lot of times on weekends and after hours. I am a wife and mom. Those of you who know me, also know my experience in the workforce. Do you honestly think I would be working here if I thought it was so bad or I would continue to stay if M-Rock were closing? I am completely devoted to our company and am very proud of what we have accomplished. It has been a lot of hard work and I have absolutely no intention of leaving. If you have any questions call the office, I will be glad to answer your questions.
Sincerely,
Kimberly Cook
Office Manager
M-Rock, Inc
we was not talking about you being sold out we changed the conversation off of you and are talking about commonwealth bolt sorry for any missunderstanding
From the Manager

Lubbock, TX

#16 May 30, 2008
Not a problem. Appreciate the response back.

Kimberly
level headed

Bluefield, WV

#17 May 30, 2008
From the Manager wrote:
Not a problem. Appreciate the response back.
Kimberly
Tell matt not to feel bad for some reason this county can not stand for a buisness to prosper.
wvgal

Hillsboro, WV

#18 May 30, 2008
rockguy wrote:
Common Wealth Bolt is not closed they are hiring now for a second shift.
up2me

United States

#19 Jun 10, 2008
Folks in our community cant seem to stand the sight of success. Thank you to M-rock for creating jobs in our community, the same goes for Commonwealth Bolt in Va. We need all the jobs we can get in this area.
There is talk on other forums pertaining to Sheriff levies and rebuilding schools.
Where do this money come from people?
Another forum posts the southern end of the county as the hind-end, we need unity in Monroe county, not ignorant comments posted by someone who has nothing positive to offer.
monroe county voter

Piedmont, SC

#20 Jun 10, 2008
up2me wrote:
Folks in our community cant seem to stand the sight of success. Thank you to M-rock for creating jobs in our community, the same goes for Commonwealth Bolt in Va. We need all the jobs we can get in this area.
There is talk on other forums pertaining to Sheriff levies and rebuilding schools.
Where do this money come from people?
Another forum posts the southern end of the county as the hind-end, we need unity in Monroe county, not ignorant comments posted by someone who has nothing positive to offer.
well said thank you ,i agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peterstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rodney Reese 3 hr Curious 1
Male husky to breed? (Apr '10) Jun 23 Maggie 84
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Jun 21 n 1,336
Oakvale Music Thread (Dec '13) Jun 20 Musikologist 10
Springfield being sued? Jun 19 My 2 cents 3
sabrina nowlin Jun 18 Mbw 4
iooking for rentals Jun 16 Anonymous 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peterstown Mortgages