Tightwod

Princeton, WV

#1 Jun 24, 2011
I need help finding a local seamstress or someone who can sew really good. I have a couple pair of jeans that the zipper broke on and I want them fixed as I am way too much of a tightwod to throw them out. Actually they are only a few months old. I tried to return them, but this particular style has been discontinued and I really like them. All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Church4me

AOL

#2 Jun 24, 2011
Dora Fernandez is a very good seamstress that works out of Peters Mountain Peddlers, in Peterstown. I just drop off what ever i need altered and she does a great job. She has altered several jeans and dress slacks for me as well as my daughters church dresses. She does really good professional quality work, at reasonable prices. I have tried others in the area, but their work was sloppy or you had to chase them down to get anything done. I am very happy to have found Dora.
Tightwod

Princeton, WV

#3 Jun 25, 2011
Church4me wrote:
Dora Fernandez is a very good seamstress that works out of Peters Mountain Peddlers, in Peterstown. I just drop off what ever i need altered and she does a great job. She has altered several jeans and dress slacks for me as well as my daughters church dresses. She does really good professional quality work, at reasonable prices. I have tried others in the area, but their work was sloppy or you had to chase them down to get anything done. I am very happy to have found Dora.
Thanks!!
CountryAndProud

Glen Lyn, VA

#4 Aug 31, 2011
I agree that Dora Fernandez is a very good seamstress. She was ill a while back, but she is up and running again. At the WV State Fair I noticed she won several First Place Blue Ribbons for her aprons and another First Place Blue Ribbon for an outfit she made for her granddaughter. Also she won two Best Of Show for two of her entries. I find her to be very reasonable in her prices and the quality of her work is wonderful. You can see samples in her items at PetersMountain Peddlers in Peterstown. The shop is across the street from the Dollar Store next to Dr. Lawson's dental office.
real talk

United States

#5 Sep 2, 2011
Also u can goto.grannys alterations in ballard .... U can goto mcbrides produce and get the number I won't post it on here ......
Jack

Yorktown, VA

#6 Nov 28, 2012
Need a local Newport News, Va. Seamstress to make some pants for me... If you know of someone.... let me know, please... thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peterstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
shale bank dinner (Feb '10) 9 hr Bumbum 25
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Mon RSM 4,088
New School in Ballard Apr 23 The facts 23
Another restaurant in Lindside. (Feb '16) Apr 22 Monroe county proud 17
Teira Taylor (Nov '13) Apr 21 Timothy tincher 21
Need a good car? Apr 19 Denise 1
only 1 love Apr 16 Tom 4

Peterstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance