Peterson on tape: 'I just stabbed him...

Peterson on tape: 'I just stabbed him out of nowhere'

There are 31 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 18, 2008, titled Peterson on tape: 'I just stabbed him out of nowhere'. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A former University of Wisconsin-Madison student from Minnesota has been bound over for trial in connection with a January stabbing death.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Walter Bellhaven

United States

#24 Jul 19, 2008
I have been tracking these boards for several days and I think I see much rage and fear. I don't think there are any quick answers, unfortunately.

I don't think anyone should be forced to take on the sins of people with similar skin tone. I certainly don't think that people like WOB should take on any responsibility for the Valleyfair 7 (8), in the same way that I, as a pale skinned person of mixed European heritage, don't think that I should be automatically thought of as racist, until proven otherwise.

I think most folks involved in these discussions want strict punishment for these high crimes. I agree. These crimes of beatings and killings are the types of crimes that could rip apart our social fabric that seems to be held together by thin threads to begin with. I hope the book is thrown at these brutal criminals, whoever they happen to be.

WOB -- I would ask of you one thing. Keep posting! I probably agree with you most of the time and the few times I do not agree, at least I can see you have a well thought out point of view that is more than worthy of consideration. You are a credit to your race -- the human race.
Red Ryder

Monroe, LA

#25 Jul 19, 2008
lots of nutty fruits come from Madistan.
Workaday Oakdale Brother

Saint Paul, MN

#26 Jul 19, 2008
A Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't speak for everyone, but for me personally the only people I blame are the criminals....NOT THE RACE!!!! So to answer you're question, no I won't take 'ownership' over what this person did. I had nothing to do with it!!!! And yes, since he killed an innocent person out of malice he is an animal. There. Are you satisfied?
I assume that your question is rhetorical, but in case it isn't, I am indeed satisfied...while you are a bit of a tough talker, you seem to be fair.
Workaday Oakdale Brother

Saint Paul, MN

#27 Jul 19, 2008
ZenBirdist wrote:
<quoted text>
Brother, I'm neither Scandinavian nor Black but I do have a little theory about this case. I believe that Adam had been spiraling into mental illness over the last few years, culminating in the stabbing for "no reason" as he himself first stated. I believe he later came up with the "for money" part of the story to make some kind of sense of his senseless crime. Mental illness has such a stigma on it that Adam's way of dealing with what he had done was to convince himself it was for money. Just speculation, of course, but that is my perfectly color-neutral instinct on the case.
You could be right, Zen. The stigma surrouding mental illness may have inhibited him from addressing the root of his problems.
Workaday Oakdale Brother

Saint Paul, MN

#28 Jul 19, 2008
Old White Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to pick up the lease on the black woman who beat to death the 2 year old boy?
In a way, I have no choice but to do so...we (as Blacks) are often judged collectively on the basis of incidents like the Carla Poole incident.
Workaday Oakdale Brother

Saint Paul, MN

#29 Jul 19, 2008
Sarah D wrote:
A lot of you are missing Workaday's point. When Dahmer was captured did all white people have to take pains to distance themselves from his actions to convince others that they weren't "that kind of white person"?
When there is a news story about any white person doing something heinous do all white people have to loudly proclaim how they would never do such a thing so that people of other races won't think ill of them?
No and why? Because they would think it absurd that anyone would think that any one individual would be considered to represent the entire white race.
But a lot of whites do seem to consider the act of an individual black or small group of blacks to represent ALL blacks. And so whites do demand that all blacks loudly renounce the actions of a few wayward blacks in order to "prove" that they're decent.
Exactly Sarah D, you hit the nail right on the head!
Workaday Oakdale Brother

Saint Paul, MN

#30 Jul 19, 2008
Erica wrote:
I am Scandinavian-American or in other words, just plain white. Why are you called African-American? You are just plain black. The point is the crimes were committed, no matter the color. Let the punishment fit the crime.
Although I am not crazy about the term "African-American", I believe that the rationale for it is to disinguish us from (post-slavery) African and Caribbean immigrants.
Workaday Oakdale Brother

Saint Paul, MN

#31 Jul 19, 2008
Walter Bellhaven wrote:
I have been tracking these boards for several days and I think I see much rage and fear. I don't think there are any quick answers, unfortunately.
I don't think anyone should be forced to take on the sins of people with similar skin tone. I certainly don't think that people like WOB should take on any responsibility for the Valleyfair 7 (8), in the same way that I, as a pale skinned person of mixed European heritage, don't think that I should be automatically thought of as racist, until proven otherwise.
I think most folks involved in these discussions want strict punishment for these high crimes. I agree. These crimes of beatings and killings are the types of crimes that could rip apart our social fabric that seems to be held together by thin threads to begin with. I hope the book is thrown at these brutal criminals, whoever they happen to be.
WOB -- I would ask of you one thing. Keep posting! I probably agree with you most of the time and the few times I do not agree, at least I can see you have a well thought out point of view that is more than worthy of consideration. You are a credit to your race -- the human race.
Thanks Walter, I appreciate that! And I will keep posting.
STILL BoB to EM

Saint Paul, MN

#32 Jul 19, 2008
no ONE HAS MENTIONED WHY A 21 YEAR OLD YOUNG MAN WAS IN THE APT OF A 31 YEAR OLD MAN. COULD IT BE....SEX? SEX FOR MONEY???
KIND OF MAKES YOU GO "HMMMMMM"
A Mom

Saint Paul, MN

#33 Jul 19, 2008
Workaday Oakdale Brother wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume that your question is rhetorical, but in case it isn't, I am indeed satisfied...while you are a bit of a tough talker, you seem to be fair.
I seriously don't mean to be a tough talker. I just get annoyed when things turn into race issues, instead of the issue at hand.
Erica

Saint Paul, MN

#35 Jul 19, 2008
Thanks to Workaday for clarifying that issue. That makes sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peterson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Mar '18 Minnesota jay 12
Fountain Drinks (Nov '16) Nov '16 Soda Jerk 1
Gerry Zaragemca the Guru of Afrocuban Percussio... (Jan '09) Jul '16 Gerry Zaragemca 15
TJ Heiden (Oct '15) Oct '15 Justme 1
Review: Avian Acres' Wild Bird Supply (Jul '15) Jul '15 Ldeboer 1
News Orval Amdahl, 95, of Lanesboro (Mar '15) Mar '15 dick brown class... 1
News This Off-Season Might Not Be What Most Are Expe... (Mar '13) Mar '13 GBPmies 3

Peterson Jobs

Personal Finance

Peterson Mortgages