Finding home: Family of nine gets lit...

Finding home: Family of nine gets little government aid after f...

There are 23 comments on the Winona Daily News story from Dec 29, 2007, titled Finding home: Family of nine gets little government aid after f.... In it, Winona Daily News reports that:

Eric and Jane Thompson and their seven kids, Lily, 4, Grace, 6, Eli, 8, Caleb, 10, Seth, 12, Nick, 13, and Allie, 16, play games in the living room of their Rushford apartment Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Winona Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Know your facts

New Albin, IA

#21 Oct 7, 2008
Again....you don't know the facts. I also know that the Thompsons to not want you to feel sorry for them. They don't ask for or want anyones pity. It's people like you that think that there is no such things as scams. I personally know what happened in their case. I can't speak for everyone who has been foreclosed on and their situation, but I know the Thompsons case. I find it interesting how you seem to know what they could and couldn't afford. The only one who knows for sure are the Thompsons. The Thompsons take responsiblity where it is due. The did not wake up one morning and think "we think we will find the worst mortgage company and a crooked law office to help us refinance". Read the papers.....$700 billion buyout. Do you think that this is a mistake? Mortgage companies and banks are only looking out for one person...themselves. They don't care who they step on to make the almighty dollar.
Know your facts

New Albin, IA

#22 Oct 7, 2008
One more thing. They were affording their home just fine until they refianced so they could start their business.
Know your facts

New Albin, IA

#23 Oct 7, 2008
They refinanced over 4 yrs. AFTER they bought their house

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peterson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TJ Heiden (Oct '15) Oct '15 Justme 1
Gerry Zaragemca the Guru of Afrocuban Percussio... (Jan '09) Jul '15 Anonymous 14
Review: Avian Acres' Wild Bird Supply (Jul '15) Jul '15 Ldeboer 1
News Orval Amdahl, 95, of Lanesboro (Mar '15) Mar '15 dick brown class... 1
News Speaker of the House makes visit to area (Feb '15) Feb '15 See The Real Prob... 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jan '14 DutchQ 11
News This Off-Season Might Not Be What Most Are Expe... (Mar '13) Mar '13 GBPmies 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peterson Mortgages