Finding home: Family of nine gets lit...

Finding home: Family of nine gets little government aid after f...

There are 23 comments on the Winona Daily News story from Dec 29, 2007, titled Finding home: Family of nine gets little government aid after f.... In it, Winona Daily News reports that:

Eric and Jane Thompson and their seven kids, Lily, 4, Grace, 6, Eli, 8, Caleb, 10, Seth, 12, Nick, 13, and Allie, 16, play games in the living room of their Rushford apartment Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Winona Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Charles Ingalls

New Albin, IA

#1 Jul 30, 2008
The Thompsons are a disgrace..GET A JOB!!!!!! get a job and stop complaining..you have lost 2 homes due to foreclosure...and how are you getting the money to build a new home? you two people are SICK! dont even complain about having a hard time not being able to afford a home, well, be smarter with your money, and get a F***** JOB!
Know your facts

New Albin, IA

#2 Sep 5, 2008
Charles Ingalls wrote:
The Thompsons are a disgrace..GET A JOB!!!!!! get a job and stop complaining..you have lost 2 homes due to foreclosure...and how are you getting the money to build a new home? you two people are SICK! dont even complain about having a hard time not being able to afford a home, well, be smarter with your money, and get a F***** JOB!
the artical said nothing about foreclosure. I know these people and they not only have jobs, but personal businesses as well. They were able to afford rent until the owner of the B&B said if they were to move back the rent would increase to more then they could afford. They didn't receive any financing through FEMA or QuickStart. I would encourage you to find the facts out from the Thompsons themselves before you pass judgement on them or anyone else.
Charles Ingalls

New Albin, IA

#3 Sep 8, 2008
for your information they were forclosed on when they lived on Pine Meadows Lane. So maybe you should check into their facts before you talk..just because its not in this article doesnt mean it isnt true.
Know your facts

New Albin, IA

#4 Sep 9, 2008
i didn't say they weren't foreclosed on. I just said the article did not mention that. I do know they were foreclosed on. Do you know why they were or the situation? I do. They were able to pay rent as well. They were going to do a contract for deed on the B&B, but then the flood hit. They both have jobs and businesses. The problem in Rushford and other places hit by the floods of '07 is that people hear one little bit of a conversation and think they know everything about the situation. I am proud to call them friends and I know that even though they have had to face problems in their lives they have also helped out a lot of people in their town as well. I still would encourage to get the facts from them personally. I'm not sure why you felt the need to comment on an article that was written over 6 months ago, but there must be something that in your own life that makes you feel the need to comment. I hope you never, ever have to face ANY obstacle in your life. I only wish MY life was free of stress, struggle, health issues and the like. Good luck to you, Mr. Charles Ingalls.
Know your facts

New Albin, IA

#5 Sep 9, 2008
One more thing Mr. Ingalls....think about this. Do you really think that any mortgage company or bank would let them foreclose on more than one house? That would make fools of banking system don't you think? I do know that is highly unlikely for more than one foreclosure to occur in a lifetime.
Also a friend

New Albin, IA

#6 Sep 9, 2008
I'm also a friend. You do have your facts wrong. What you have said is slander. I knoe this because I have a relative that is a lawyer. Make sure you know your so called facts before you put them in writing.
Also a friend

New Albin, IA

#7 Sep 9, 2008
I feel that "Charles Ingalls" is not your real name. Afraid to say who you really are?
Charles Ingalls

New Albin, IA

#8 Sep 12, 2008
Yes, it is highly unlikly that there would be more then 2 forclosures in 1 lifetime..but..what kind of "banking fools" would turn around and give these people yet another loan for a new home..when they couldnt pay for their last house..answer that.
Charles Ingalls

New Albin, IA

#9 Sep 12, 2008
and "Also a Freind" didnt use their name..and neither did "know your facts" so why should i?
Also a friend

New Albin, IA

#10 Sep 13, 2008
You think you know these people? I highly doubt it. You seem to think that because someone has had a bad time in their lives that they don't or shouldn't be given a second chance in their life. If something EVER happen to me I would rather have someone like the Thompsons on my side. They don't judge....period. If I needed help I know I could count on their support. Even if they didn't agree with me they would still be something that you are not....compassionate and caring.
Its me

New Albin, IA

#11 Sep 13, 2008
This is Jane Thompson. I would like to take a moment and say a few things. First to Know Your Facts and Also a Friend, Thank you for the kind words and support. I do appreciate you. You may not have left your names but I think I have a good idea who you are. To "Mr. Ingalls", if I or my family has hurt you or done anything to attack you personally, I do apologize. A friend let me know that someone had left some comments on this site and I felt the need to look them up. I can tell you this.....your facts are somewhat wrong. You are right in saying we did have a house foreclosed on, but only one not two. We are building a new home. We were very lucky to find someone willing to take a chance on us and saw us for who we are. Not the losers you think but hard working. We were victims of a mortgage scam....not foolish spending habits. The mortgage company that foreclosed on us is now bankrupt as well. I know that none of what I have to say will make a difference in the way you feel and that's ok. You are entitled to your opinion. I can only try to make you understand where I am coming from. I can also tell you this...my husband and I both work and both have small businesses. We have changed since the flood....for the better, but the kind of person I am and my faith has never changed. I wish you only good things for your future and I would say to my friends who have left comments....just remember to be nice to each other. You know the kind of people I and my family are. That's all that matters to me.
Charles Ingalls

New Albin, IA

#12 Sep 13, 2008
Morgage Scam..thats a classic..
Its me

New Albin, IA

#13 Sep 13, 2008
Like I said I knew it wouldn't make any difference, but it is the truth and very easy to prove. Look on any news program or on the internet and you can find it out for yourself. May companies have gone bankrupt or are in the court system or having to pay large fines. It's out there for all to view and make their own judgements. Again, good luck to you and if you ever want to know the truth, just ask me. You seem to know me so I'm sure you know where you can reach me if you wish.
Also a friend

New Albin, IA

#14 Sep 13, 2008
This just shows what kind of people the Thompsons are. She worries about how "Mr. Ingalls" feels and if she has offended him and asks us to "be nice to each other". She has more class than I do! I would be so angry and would want to know who was saying lies about me. We could all learn a thing from Jane.
Know your facts

New Albin, IA

#15 Sep 14, 2008
I think I have figured things our.....Mr. Ingalls is someone who thinks that if something doesn't happen to him or someone he knows personally then it can't possible be true. Things like mortgage scams, insurance scams, bankings scams, ect. are real. Facts are out there for you find.
Laura Ingalls

New Albin, IA

#16 Sep 27, 2008
This is sick
Know your facts

New Albin, IA

#17 Sep 28, 2008
Read the front page of the Star and Tribune about predatory lending. Its not just happening to adults with disabilities, either.
Know your facts

New Albin, IA

#18 Sep 28, 2008
This was in yesterdays....Sept.27 paper
Know your facts

New Albin, IA

#19 Sep 28, 2008
and please don't make any comments as to the Thompsons on this matter. I was just saying that it is a very real situation. To you think that our government would be asking for a $700 million buyout if mortgage scams were not a real problem?
Harry Thomas

New Albin, IA

#20 Oct 7, 2008
The Thompson's knew what they could afford when they bought their house on pine meadows lane..but the bank let them have the money..but they should have had enough since to say no because they couldnt afford it..thompsons are the wrong family to feel sorry for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peterson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fountain Drinks (Nov '16) Nov '16 Soda Jerk 1
Gerry Zaragemca the Guru of Afrocuban Percussio... (Jan '09) Jul '16 Gerry Zaragemca 15
TJ Heiden (Oct '15) Oct '15 Justme 1
Review: Avian Acres' Wild Bird Supply (Jul '15) Jul '15 Ldeboer 1
News Orval Amdahl, 95, of Lanesboro (Mar '15) Mar '15 dick brown class... 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jan '14 DutchQ 11
News This Off-Season Might Not Be What Most Are Expe... (Mar '13) Mar '13 GBPmies 3

Peterson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peterson Mortgages