Anyone remember fortys hot dog chili

Anyone remember fortys hot dog chili

Posted in the Petersburg Forum

steve

Forest, VA

#1 Aug 25, 2010
I would love to have the recipe for fortys hot dog chili,harrisons super market had it for a while before they had a deli,it might have came in a can but I liked it.My mom ran warrens resturant till she passed away and when fortys was closing, because they tore the old bridge down,she got the old salt and pepper shaker from them ,you always seen them in the window.
steve

Forest, VA

#2 Jul 2, 2011
steve wrote:
I would love to have the recipe for fortys hot dog chili,harrisons super market had it for a while before they had a deli,it might have came in a can but I liked it.My mom ran warrens resturant till she passed away and when fortys was closing, because they tore the old bridge down,she got the old salt and pepper shaker from them ,you always seen them in the window.
thought I would post this again
Nancy

Petersburg, VA

#3 Sep 25, 2011
OMGosh Steve, I have been looking for this myself for yrs, my dad use to stop there every Fri and pick us up those wonderful dogs and I was only a child of 7 then and now I'm 53 and still looking, I hope someone out there can help us!
steve

Forest, VA

#4 Oct 10, 2011
cool! I knew there had to be more of us.
Rick

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Jun 8, 2012
I was like 7 years old when I first went to Fortys now I'm 33 living in NYC. When I use to visit my grandmother in Dinwidde over the summer there were three things my parents had to have was What-A-Burger, Golden Skillet, and some hot dogs from Forty's when you walked in it looked like you stepped back in time.
Clay

Charles City, VA

#7 Jul 20, 2012
Remember it well, wish I had the recipe too, best Chili Hot dogs to date!!! Anyone have a picture of the building when it was Fortys?
steve

Lynchburg, VA

#8 Jul 24, 2012
Even more of us!
steve

Lynchburg, VA

#9 Aug 12, 2012
I found it! Please reply if you like the chili.I know its late but there is always next year!
http://progress-index.com/news/clock-is-ticki...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Petersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ethanol Plant Closing 53 min Bonnie 11
News I am a gay Yankee teacher in the South 1 hr Fundie Fatwass De... 1
Searching for "Anchors Away" Fri flabbergasted 89
dinwiddie officers suicide Aug 27 Mary Ellison 11
News Inmate dies at Central State Hospital in Va - wtvr (Mar '10) Aug 26 Smarter than you 103
Hopewell Sucks Aug 20 Silent Echo 3
Wilding. Flashover etc Aug 18 Socrates 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Petersburg Mortgages