Hill country harmony: Meditation is l...

Hill country harmony: Meditation is life work of local Tibetan ...

There are 2 comments on the Advocate Weekly story from Aug 19, 2009, titled Hill country harmony: Meditation is life work of local Tibetan .... In it, Advocate Weekly reports that:

Photo by Telly Halkias Rahob Rinpoche, Tibetan Buddhist monk-in-residence at the Rahob Dharma Center in Petersburg, N.Y., sits in the priest's throne while preparing for worship.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Advocate Weekly.

But_______

Williamstown, MA

#1 Aug 19, 2009
i just sit, think and mumble
in front of Christian Icons

I do not rub bellies
nor chant

my neighbors worship lawns
and use prayer wheel lawnmowers
Hector

Hove, UK

#2 Aug 20, 2009
Hi,

I was browsing the internet and by chance I came across your interesting article on your article about Meditation as a way of life for Tibetan Monks

I thought of getting in touch, since you and your readers may be interested in "Stillness Buddy", a software application I've just launched last week.

Stillness Buddy helps people to remain mindful of the present moment, relaxed and at peace, while working at the computer.

It works by displaying short "moments of stillness" and longer "mindfulness pauses", interspersed during the day. These breaks are designed to be very brief, so that they don't interfere with work. You can choose their duration and frequency, to suit your preferences and schedule.

By regularly practising the stillness and mindfulness exercises presented during the breaks, Stillness Buddy quickly and effectively helps to:
* Cultivate a deep sense of peace and stillness in every day life.
* Be more relaxed, less tense.
* Work in a more mindful, alert and stress-free manner
* Live more and more in the present moment

Stillness Buddy is for those of us who want to be more at peace and aware of the present moment, in the midst of our busy lives. It is also a great tool if you want to feel less tense and stressed. It is suitable for people of all walks of life, regardless of their spiritual practice or religious background.

You can find more about Stillness Buddy and download a 30-day free trial, at https://www.stillnessbuddy.com

If you like the application, would you be able to review it on your blog? I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me to spread the word.

In return, I'd be happy to provide you with a free, licensed copy of Stillness Buddy and to arrange a special discount for your readers, when they mention your name.

Also, I am setting up an affiliate program, which should be ready in about a month, which may be of interest to you too.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Hector
MindFree Ventures (Stillness Buddy)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Petersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snapchat Jul '15 bthwaits 1
News 10 Young Creatives Shaping Istanbul's Arts and ... Jul '15 Rockstar 3
News Police: Officer shot at chase vehicle (May '10) Jul '15 McCann skool dropout 22
News Notice on WTEN's Channel 10.3 RTV (Jul '12) Jun '15 Mel 8
News Merkel and Sarkozy in joint call for UN 'mandat... (Sep '09) Apr '15 Long Darby 3
News Woman arrested after leaving accident scene (Sep '12) Sep '12 Hoosick Falls res... 1
Debate: Abortion Debate - Petersburg, NY (Jan '12) Jan '12 SSM 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Petersburg Mortgages