Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | TPMDC

Oct 18, 2010 Full story: tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com 16,204

The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 In 2:44 Evan McMorris-Santoro and Clayton Ashley October 18, 2010, 11:14AM Last night's Kentucky Senate debate was one of the most brutal of the year, hands down.

Full Story
Alfred Quilty

Swampscott, MA

#19438 May 12, 2014
I can recall as a young lad in grammar school that on every Memorial Day, Mr. Kelleher, a local fireman who was a Veteran of World War One would come to our school and read the sad but historic poem," In Flanders Field" by John McCrae.

IN FLANDERS FIELD
In Flanders Fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row
That mark our place, and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Shot days ago
We lived, felt down, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders Field.
Take up our quarrel with the foe
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch, be yours to hold it high
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders Field.

World War One came to be known as "The Great War, The War to end all Wars.
The poem pretty well summarizes what happens in all wars; Young men come forward with great courage and fortitude but too often pay the supreme sacrifice.

We are de
Beth

Russell, KY

#19442 May 13, 2014
Republicans Are Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>More Fox News BS, Obama has been there 5 and 1/2 Years.
When is he coming for our Guns?
He's having a little trouble prying them out of our cold dead hands.
But Hillary will keep trying when she's president [if she becomes president]
My bet is when that happens ,you'll see one hell of a civil war ,and I'll be right there with them .
Of course they want our guns, they are afraid of us.
Republicans Are Stupid

Pikeville, KY

#19443 May 13, 2014
Obama Is A Failure wrote:
<quoted text>Ok what did Obama and the Democrats do during the government shutdown?Absolutely nothing.No trying to compromise 0 zilch nada.It was their way or no way.They wouldn't give an inch on any condition.The Republicans tried to reason but Obama,Reid,and Pelosi wouldn't hear of it.So if Obama gets fought tooth and nail he gets what he deserves.When both chambers have a Republican majority for the last two years of his failed Presidency he is going to have a lot of fun.
Bush had an 8 years failed Presidency. 2 Failed Wars, 911, No Bin Laden, DOW 6,000, Unemployment, Scooter Libby, Gitmo, Katrina..,,.,,,,,nothing but miserable Failures.
Republicans Are Stupid

Pikeville, KY

#19444 May 13, 2014
<quoted text>Ok what did Obama and the Democrats do during the government shutdown?Absolutely nothing.No trying to compromise 0 zilch nada.It was their way or no way.They wouldn't give an inch on any condition.The Republicans tried to reason but Obama,Reid,and Pelosi wouldn't hear of it.So if Obama gets fought tooth and nail he gets what he deserves.When both chambers have a Republican majority for the last two years of his failed Presidency he is going to have a lot of fun.
And the Democrats stomped your stupid Republican a$$.

Again!
paul

Bowling Green, KY

#19448 May 14, 2014
no thanks

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#19456 May 18, 2014
Now that we are into renaming things like Mount Diablo, President Obama wants to rename the San Andreas Fault.

It will then be known asÖ.. Bush's Fault.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#19459 May 20, 2014
Beth wrote:
<quoted text>
He's having a little trouble prying them out of our cold dead hands.
But Hillary will keep trying when she's president [if she becomes president]
My bet is when that happens ,you'll see one hell of a civil war ,and I'll be right there with them .
Of course they want our guns, they are afraid of us.
Gun sales are at record levels. Stop spreading tea bagger lies

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#19460 May 20, 2014
The USA is upset with China. Its republicans fault.
The Lee Steubverg

Alexandria, KY

#19484 May 24, 2014
Rico from East Los II wrote:
The USA is upset with China. Its republicans fault.
China and Dems want the same thing: communism.

Actually, I have to give china more credit than that. They have a taste of capitalism and they like it.
Republicans Are Stupid

Pikeville, KY

#19486 May 25, 2014
Republicans want lower Minimum Wages to keep workers poor.
The Lee Steubverg

Alexandria, KY

#19487 May 25, 2014
Republicans Are Stupid wrote:
Republicans want lower Minimum Wages to keep workers poor.
No, they want fair wages for labor worked. If flipping burgers is worth $10/hour, why not just make it $20? Everyone gets rich! Money for everyone! Why not?!
IND

Hyden, KY

#19489 May 25, 2014
WOO who shut the gov down.? answer that and we can talk.about why they shut it down .i know why but you don't i wont to educate you some..you need it.

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#19492 May 26, 2014
**** Big Stevie would like to wish everyone a wonderful Memorial Day, and his wish that the true meaning of this day never be forgotten, as the sacrifices of so many are celebrated!****

You Don't Need to Be a Weatherman...

It was two o'clock in the morning and a husband and wife were asleep, when suddenly the phone rang.

The husband picked up the phone and said, "Hello?... How the heck do I know? What am I, the weather man?" -- and promptly slammed the phone down.

His wife rolls over and asks, "Who was that?"

The husband replies, "I donít know. Some guy wanted to know if the coast was clear!"
Snoopy President

Haverhill, MA

#19494 May 29, 2014
Republicans are stupid makes powerful and cogent arguments for electing, to the highest office in the land, Snoopy.
He has appeared in newspapers, magazines, books and television, he is internationally recognized and he has widespread appeal. He even has military experience! To paraphrase "Republicans are stupid" reasoning:"If Snoopy were elected president, it would be a milestone in U.S. election history because electic the first canine president and breaking through that doggie-door would be historic. "Snoopy leadership abilities and executive experience far exceed Hillary {Clinton's]. It's scary that votes based on notoriety and fame have the same weight as those based on objective examinations of ability and experience.
Alfred Quilty

Haverhill, MA

#19495 May 29, 2014
While what befell Christoher Michael-Martinez is indee tragic, I question his father's claim that its proximate cause was the NRA or the "failure" of Congress to enact any further gun-contol laws after Sandy Hook.
California is ranked by the Brady Campaign as having the strictest gun laws in the nation, touting its "A" ranking to all who will listen. Further, half of the victims (Elliot Rogers rightly discounted as "victim") were stabbed to death.
What Congress is supposed to do? Institute a five-day waiting period to purchase a kitchen knife? It's not, and never has been, the gun, but always the hand that wields it that is to blame for these atrocities. But,sure let's just focus on the tool, since it's a lot easier to legislate against an inanimate object than to focus on the "icky" truth that, invariable, mental illness is the driving force behind these events when they occur.
Republicans are Stupid

Haverhill, MA

#19496 May 29, 2014
Republicans are wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Big Stevie:.thank you for your ever kind words towards my humble person.
For he first time since I know Big Stevie, that this pthetic individual has come up with something intelligen and worth of admiration of the generation to come. I love you Stevie Big.
LMAO

Paris, KY

#19498 May 30, 2014
Just had elections on Tuesday 5/20/14 and already showing more ads on Thursday 5/22/14. For Mich- grimes. If they really gave a Da*m about others and not just themselves. We would get a break.
Alfred Quilty

Haverhill, MA

#19499 May 30, 2014
Nothing angers me more than when people in the media compare that mediocre Jeb Bush to the great Hillary Clinton. First of all, the Bushes are a political dynasty; the Clintons are not. The Clintons are a team. The dictionary definition of a dynasty is a family of rulers who rule over a country for a long period of time. There have been four generations of Bushes and one generation of Clintons.
Hillary Clinton has been the most dominant political figure of the last 20 years (and that includes her husband). How many books or covers of magazines has Jeb Bush appeared on? Hillary Clinton is one of the most famous women in the world and the most respected woman in the United States. The only time Jeb Bush achieved national prominence is when he used Nazi tactics to steal the presidency for his worthless dim-witted brother. Otherwise, very few people know who Jeb Bush is on national level. Unlike Hillary, there is no grass roots support for Jeb except among the media and the donor class. If Hillary Clinton was elected president, it would be a milestone in the U.S. election history because electing the first female president and breaking that glass ceiling would be historic.
PJay

Paducah, KY

#19500 May 30, 2014
Well we see that electing the first black president really worked out well, which was also a historic milestone. We now have Obamcare which down the road will cost the American people more with less good healthcare. It's obvious the government does not know how to run health care, basically anything else. Look at the VA. He can't make a decision on his on. We need less government not more. Hillary is not her husband Bill who knew more how things work. Apparently Hillary's phone was not working when the call came at three in the morning during Bengazi.
Rebecca Flatchested

Saugus, MA

#19503 Jun 2, 2014
PJay wrote:
at the VA. He can't make a decision on his on. We need less government not more. Hillary is not her husband Bill who knew more how things work. Apparently Hillary's phone was not working when the call came at three in the morning during Bengazi.
She was having sex after four years with her husband it doesn't get better than that. I don't blame her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Petersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ramsey autopsy / bloodwork/ special prosecutor 18 hr Give it to a JURY 13
What Samantha Ramsey's homocide... justified? Oct 13 car007 412
Massie v Newberry: For 4th Congressional District? Oct 13 VOTE FOR MASSIE 4
To the Sheriff Oct 9 car007 2
Burlington Jukebox (Jun '12) Sep 26 Musikologist 13
Do all Boone Co men have vaginas? Sep 20 Anna K Brueggemann 0
anyone know josef (joe) burton (Jul '10) Sep '14 Thisisstupid 187
Petersburg Dating
Find my Match

Petersburg Jobs