Mendel called model for balancing science, religion

Full story: El Paso Times
As a 19th-century Augustinian friar, Gregor Mendel was expected to pursue his groundbreaking genetics research with the same passion he reserved for his religious studies. Full Story
Fizzmick Pa Chee

AOL

#1 Jul 5, 2008
Thankfully Darwin's discovery of evolution completely rules out the possibility that man came from some dirt that a God used to make an image of Himself out of, and that woman came from a rib of this dirt-man.

Compare the amount of interlocking data from every applicable scientific field including geology, physics, and even molecular biology, all having observational experiments done, that test and prove the hypotheses of evolution occurring, with the DISCREDITED FAIRY TALE - a big invisible monster that nobody has ever seen or heard did it.

Hopefully the truth will win out rapidly, causing religion to dramatically wither.

George Carlin was an atheist. He had great routines ridiculing religion that can be seen on youtube. Let me elaborate why this may be his greatest contribution to society.

It is frightening that mass delusions of supernatural beings still exist today. It is the same thing as saying that my invisible fire breathing dragon is more powerful than your multi-headed fire spewing sea monster. So, come around to my way of thinking or I will commit atrocities for it.

How could anybody worship a fictional being whose story is outlandishly absurd. Everything from the murderous blood stained Sky Daddy who drowned virtually all humanity and other life, sentenced everyone to die after eve (persuaded by a talking snake) ate a magical apple, had Jonah take a ride in the belly of a whale, ruined the life of Job, told Abraham to murder his own kid, killed all the first born of Egypt, had his chosen people commit genocide on the original inhabitants of Palestine, and demanded his own son be nailed to a tree to allow mankind to party with a ghost - is a FAIRY TALE that humanity needs to reject if we are to see many more generations.

With the coming proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, religion must be ended or we will be.

By the way if you are dumb enough to believe that this fable is real - in the Bible, the murder count is God -millions / Devil -zero. Whom would you rather spend time with - a vengeful monster or a fallen angel who thought he had a better way? I am NOT promoting the Devil, just pointing out the craziness in this stupidity.

Hopefully if you were previously deluded, after reading this you will see how foolish you have been.

There is no middle ground.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Petersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Le Duped 155,586
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 9 min The Apostle 7,463
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 2 hr BIG_STEVIE 26,297
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 6 hr hey 1,072
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 15 hr Donnie 81,662
Massie v Newberry: For 4th Congressional District? Wed Betty Shively 3
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) Tue Big Stevie 16,184
Petersburg Dating
Find my Match

Petersburg Jobs

Petersburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Petersburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Petersburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]