'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 239435 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

MSNBCTRUTH

Nashville, TN

#150131 Feb 17, 2014
republiCONS wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2014 at 12:53 PM PST.
The real primary fight of 2016 (and it's not an alternative to Hillary)
Some people have to come to terms. And I'm looking at you, people desperate to find an alternative to Hillary Clinton in 2016.
If Hillary runs, she's the nominee. I know it's in vogue to talk about how "inevitable" Hillary was in 2008. But it was a different world. I remember it because I was in the midst of that battle. People wanted an alternative, and alternatives existed. At her best, Hillary's poll numbers were in the 40s with Obama in the strong 20s. Look for yourself. Yes, she was the frontrunner, but there was a strong primary field within striking distance.
There is no alternative to Hillary this cycle. The last time anyone polled the Democratic primary field, Clinton had 73 percent of the vote, Biden 11, and Elizabeth Warren nine. That tells us a couple of things. One, 73 percent is A WHOLE LOT OF PEOPLE. She is the consensus nominee, and if you disagree, you are objectively in the deep minority.
Second of all, there is no one to provide even nominal challenge. Clinton (again, assuming she runs) will have some "challengers", but it'll be a bunch of people auditioning for her VP slot.
To reiterate, leads like 45-25 in 2007 didn't make Hillary "inevitable". Numbers like 73-11 in 2014 absolutely do. And you know what? Those are not irrational numbers. Hillary will be a great president.
Elizabeth Warren isn't running. I get why people persist with this fantasy, but it's nothing more than a fantasy. Warren had to be dragged in kicking and screaming into the Massachusetts Senate race, a geographically small state in which she could sleep in her own bed every night. If you barely have the fire to run for Senate, then you absolutely don't have the fire to mount a brutal presidential campaign. And even if she did, all she'd have to do is look at the polling (73-9!) to realize she'd have a million better things to do with her time and her donors' money. SHE. AIN'T. RUNNING.
But hey, we've had plenty of primary pie wars over the years, so who cares if there's another one? I'll tell you why.
It's a distraction. With Clinton's commanding general election trial heats, not to mention demographic shifts shoring up our electoral picture, we'll have the luxury to look beyond the presidential and take a more holistic approach to the cycle. And we've got a lot of work ahead of us:
The Senate. We have solid real opportunities in FL, IL, IA, NH, NC, OH, PA and WI. We have outside opportunities in AZ, AR, GA and MO. Depending on what the teabaggers do in their primaries, other chances may open up. In other words, we can wipe out Republicans en masse. And how many Democrats will be endangered? ZERO. If they survived in 2010, they'll survive the apocalypse. It's all upside.
The House. If we can't take back the House this year, and that's only an outside chance at the moment, 2016 is the year we do so, fueled by presidential turnout and continued demographic advantages. And remember—the more liberal the Congress we give Hillary, the more liberal she can govern, the more leverage we have.
State Legislatures and governorships. The GOP's current House and state legislative majorities are built on strong gerrymandering. Take that away, and there's practically nothing left. So we need to strategically target chambers and governors that can either 1) take over the redistricting process, or 2) deadlock it so that judges have to draw the lines. Either way, we win.
CONtinued
RIP GOP
HILLARY 2016
DITCH MITCH
I want to be the first to say it..........you are Pathetic!!!!
Uncle Tab

United States

#150133 Feb 17, 2014
republiCONS wrote:
CONtinued:

Redistricting? But, you protest, redistricting doesn't happen until after the 2020 elections! And we're currently talking about 2016! Yup. You are right. But spreading the effort over several cycles allows us to incrementally reach our goals. We don't want to put all our eggs on one election day. Furthermore, we want Democratic incumbents up for reelection in 2020 because, well, incumbents are far more likely to win than challengers. So yes, the battle for the next reapportionment and redistricting will be hard-fought in 2016.

So you Hillary naysayers have two options: You can bitch and moan about her and work yourself up in a lather about this or that, and then lose (because you will), or you can do what I do when I come across a candidate I don't like: I ignore them and focus on the tons of other great candidates who need my help.

Me, I won't ignore Hillary, but I won't worry about her either. She'll have all the money and boots she'll need. Instead, I'll focus down ballot, on those Senate, House and state-level races what will determine the partisan composition of our government the coming decade.

My approach is constructive, rather than destructive. The more people adopt that approach, the more success we will have as a movement.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/02/17/1278...

......"To reiterate, leads like 45-25 in 2007 didn't make Hillary "inevitable". Numbers like 73-11 in 2014 absolutely do. And you know what? Those are not irrational numbers. Hillary will be a great president.

So you Hillary naysayers have two options: You can bitch and moan about her and work yourself up in a lather about this or that, and then lose (because you will)......."

Says it all. Get ready, history in the making....watch for it. FIRST WOMAN PRESIDENT IN THE USA.....

RIP GOP

HILLARY 2016

DITCH MITCH
No doubt! The Democratic Party will be looked at greatly later in history, as republicans will look like greedy cowardly fools stuck in the Stone Age.

Read some history republican voting base, read back about the depression days and republican greed. Look what happened.

Hillary will do that again!!

Republicans are always looked down on in history. Learn from your mistakes for once. Fools!
Uncle Tab

United States

#150134 Feb 17, 2014
MSNBCTRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>I want to be the first to say it..........you are Pathetic!!!!
What you COULD of said to her is your thoughts on who can beat Hillary.... But no one can, so that's the only reply you could come back with.

Weak, very weak.

Perfect republicans!:-D
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#150135 Feb 17, 2014
Watch Rachel Maddow Expose Sneaky Republicans Hiding Votes From Tea Party (Video)

Rachel Maddow has exposed the lengths that Republicans will go to in order to keep their base from knowing that they have voted in a way that will upset the Tea party extremists within their ranks and done the job beautifully.

She began by showing how Ted Cruz (R-TX), darling of the Tea party helped set the stage for the passage of the debt ceiling increase after the House Republican caucus was forced to give up after their retreat two weeks ago on creating a bill that they could agree on and that the House Democrats would not accept. The result being that the Democrats were able to pass a clean debt ceiling bill to send to the Senate.

Ted had vowed to filibuster the bill in the Senate in order to require a super majority to bring it to a vote which is just what the Republican leadership in the Senate did not want. They did not want to take a chance on a possible repeat of the shutdown debacle of last October and that created a dilemma for them. How to pass this bill and avoid a filibuster while also avoiding the ire of their Tea party voters?
As it turned out Mitch McConnell and John Cornyn found a rather creative way to accomplish a seemingly impossible task and pulled it off. Six Republicans changed their No votes to Yes and passed the bill in the Senate, much to the chagrin of Tail Gunner Ted.

They thought that they had found a foolproof way but as it turned out the names of those who voted with the Democrats came out almost immediately although those who actually did switch their votes have, for the most part little to worry about since looking more moderate is unlikely to do them much harm politically.

Watch Rachel’s flawless exposure of their sneakiness in the video below.

http://aattp.org/watch-rachel-maddow-expose-s...

House weeper singing zippity do da...and Canadian crazed cruz saying when repukes "have to tell the truth their heads explode" is just PRICELESS. hahaha

I love it when they eat their own. The vote call was hilarious.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

Stomp away loser lemmings. hahaha
MSNBCTRUTH

Nashville, TN

#150136 Feb 17, 2014
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Democratic Control for 4 elections will cause low IQ voting republicans to commit mass suicides.
You're hatred will probably make you one of the first to go.
Get some help!! Change your doctor. A few of you seem to be on the same meds from the same doctor. Not doing you any favors.
Just typing her name gets to you because you know she can't lose.
HILLARY!
Get used to it! It's going to happen.
You better hope she don't run..........when they start doing close up camera shots..........it will make a bulldog jump off a truck load of bologna. Biden reminds me of the joker with out the makeup. I really hope either one runs..........if that's all the democrats have you are sure to lose. It will be worse then when John McCain was nominated.
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#150139 Feb 17, 2014
Will wonders ever cease with these two party clowns....hahahaha

LISTEN: GOP Congressman Blasts Too Much Corporate Money In Politics

The House GOP’s leadership is pushing a new immigration reform package that includes a possible path to citizenship for 11 million undocumented immigrants. But all is not peaches and cream; some Republicans are saying it amounts to amnesty. Others, like Congressman Steve King (R-IA) went as far as to complain about corporate money in politics dictating the GOP’s decisions on immigration reform. King said:

“It seems as though that there are some deep pockets outside the Congress and inside the country on immigration that seem to be the only voices that line up the Republican House on immigration. And those would be the only voices that line up with the Republican leadership in the House on immigration. And that would be the U.S. Chamber [of Commerce], Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Google money — and George Soros is involved in that too.”

He added:

“I’m happy to promote business, but I’m not one of those folks who’s going to be directed by billionaires and I think that’s one of the divisions we have in the Republican conference.”[SOURCE]

Here’s the video with King speaking up about corporate money in politics.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/02/17/liste...

LOVE IT when they eat their own. Apparently, some repukes can see it.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Uncle Tab

United States

#150140 Feb 17, 2014
MSNBCTRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>You better hope she don't run..........when they start doing close up camera shots..........it will make a bulldog jump off a truck load of bologna. Biden reminds me of the joker with out the makeup. I really hope either one runs..........if that's all the democrats have you are sure to lose. It will be worse then when John McCain was nominated.
......and still no republican candidate?

:-D 4 democratic presidencies.

Fact!

But keep on talking BS. We live the septa of desperation you idiots sick to.

:-) the madder and more mental you all get, the bigger numbers we win by.
Uncle Tab

United States

#150141 Feb 17, 2014
republiCONS wrote:
Will wonders ever cease with these two party clowns....hahahaha

LISTEN: GOP Congressman Blasts Too Much Corporate Money In Politics

The House GOP’s leadership is pushing a new immigration reform package that includes a possible path to citizenship for 11 million undocumented immigrants. But all is not peaches and cream; some Republicans are saying it amounts to amnesty. Others, like Congressman Steve King (R-IA) went as far as to complain about corporate money in politics dictating the GOP’s decisions on immigration reform. King said:

“It seems as though that there are some deep pockets outside the Congress and inside the country on immigration that seem to be the only voices that line up the Republican House on immigration. And those would be the only voices that line up with the Republican leadership in the House on immigration. And that would be the U.S. Chamber [of Commerce], Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Google money — and George Soros is involved in that too.”

He added:

“I’m happy to promote business, but I’m not one of those folks who’s going to be directed by billionaires and I think that’s one of the divisions we have in the Republican conference.”[SOURCE]

Here’s the video with King speaking up about corporate money in politics.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/02/17/liste...

LOVE IT when they eat their own. Apparently, some repukes can see it.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Bet he's up for re-election. lol
Jay

Springville, TN

#150142 Feb 17, 2014
Angel wrote:
Hillary is not able to run for president. Look at her feet and ankles the next time they show a full body shot of her.They're swollen out over her shoes. She's a sick woman. She couldn't keep up the pace. Too bad !

A lot of speculation on her health lately.

Bill Clinton said his wife just went through a battery of tests comprising of about five hours, and she was told to take it easy for another month.

He said if her progress continues, "she'll be completely recovered."

If?

Clinton spokesman Philippe Reines said Sunday's tests comprised a long-scheduled, routine follow-up. He said Hillary Clinton is in good condition but wouldn't provide further details.

Four years is a long way off. Lots can happen between now and then. So we'll see, won't we? Dream on!
Jay

Springville, TN

#150143 Feb 17, 2014
LOL....Hillary, Hillary, Hillary!!!

She won't even declare whether or not she plans to run, yet they want a list of republicans who 3-4 years from now would run against her. And they want it THIS MINUTE!!!!

Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest!!!
Uncle Tab

United States

#150144 Feb 17, 2014
Jay wrote:
LOL....Hillary, Hillary, Hillary!!!

She won't even declare whether or not she plans to run, yet they want a list of republicans who 3-4 years from now would run against her. And they want it THIS MINUTE!!!!

Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest!!!
It's 2 years away, at this time, opposing party already has candidates. Just the way it works.

But nothing like a little negativity from you doom and gloomers to show us all you're worried.

Christe is the only chance you had. That's gone now.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#150145 Feb 17, 2014
He was the mistake of Mima and Reid, now he is the Mistake of America. http://www.teaparty.org/former-polish-preside... The hang-over will be monumental.
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey mental republican.... Pay attention. Quit blathering nonsense!
Jay

Springville, TN

#150147 Feb 17, 2014
RayOne wrote:
He was the mistake of Mima and Reid, now he is the Mistake of America. http://www.teaparty.org/former-polish-preside... The hang-over will be monumental.
<quoted text>

Good article, RayOne!
You_R_FUBAR

Lexington, KY

#150148 Feb 17, 2014
Look at closely you idiots resemble the fools hypnotized by Adolph Hitler.
He was elected too!
hmmm

La Center, KY

#150149 Feb 17, 2014
What ever!
HSA

Madisonville, KY

#150150 Feb 17, 2014
You_R_FUBAR wrote:
Look at closely you idiots resemble the fools hypnotized by Adolph Hitler.
He was elected too!
A little time in our FEMA camp would make it clear for you.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#150151 Feb 17, 2014
FIVE Years since the WhiteHouse STIMULUS, It has been a No Jobs Power GRAB.
Jay

Springville, TN

#150152 Feb 17, 2014
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
It's 2 years away, at this time, opposing party already has candidates. Just the way it works.
But nothing like a little negativity from you doom and gloomers to show us all you're worried.
Christe is the only chance you had. That's gone now.

I do know how it works, but to expect a commitment this soon is ludicrous. They are doing nothing but hinting around and about. The rest of us are speculating.

I don't know anybody who's worried. That's the wishful thinking of the liberals. Anything is possible in this country anymore, and you just might get the surprise of your life. The bragging now does no good and solves nothing. You can wish it all you want.

Remember Murphy's Law?
Uncle Tab

United States

#150153 Feb 17, 2014
RayOne wrote:
FIVE Years since the WhiteHouse STIMULUS, It has been a No Jobs Power GRAB.
Look who did the grabbing, but voted against it.

Elected republicans are hypocrites, republican voting base are stupid and gullible and uninformed.

Thanks for pointing out how ignorant you and the GOP. Uneducated fool.
Uncle Tab

United States

#150154 Feb 17, 2014
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>**********

I do know how it works, but to expect a commitment this soon is ludicrous. They are doing nothing but hinting around and about. The rest of us are speculating.

I don't know anybody who's worried. That's the wishful thinking of the liberals. Anything is possible in this country anymore, and you just might get the surprise of your life. The bragging now does no good and solves nothing. You can wish it all you want.

Remember Murphy's Law?
I'll just keep with her rating at 71%.

And you keep thinking however you'd like to think.

Ever ask your son about union decertification? Yes, I'm right.

Just like hearing you all admit it too. I know it hurts you.:-D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Petersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I want Aug 24 Rmg 1
I poke you on Facebook Aug 24 Rmg 1
Toy Aug 23 X b f 2
I like Aug 23 X b f 3
Daily Aug 19 Winner 3
Hey Aug 17 Dreams 2
Poll What Samantha Ramsey's homocide... justified? (May '14) Aug 12 Stephen_C_Heinrich 880

Petersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Petersburg Mortgages