Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
80,921 - 80,940 of 81,557 Comments Last updated Yesterday
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2014

Was 64* today with mostly sunny skies, supposed to be BEAUTIFUL tomorrow..........12:02 AM,....time for some popcorn!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

Judged:

just 6 1/2 more hours until winter will be over. HURRAH !!!! I noticed yesterday that some farmer had already plowed about 10 acres. He must have done it last fall and I just had not been interested in plowed ground and new crops until now. lol

Anne

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

Beautiful day! 1. The weather. 2. We get a tax refund! 3. Insurance company sent me a fat check for my totaled car. 4. New grandbaby coming home . What more could I want??
@MM. 5000+songs?? Lol that's funny! Maybe the Belle can figure out a way for you to keep all your songs AND still be able to use the computer! Good luck.
@AW: I guess with spring and that awaking of the senses ones eyes do see things differently! Isn't that a wonderful feeling!
I'm hoping the others drop by and catch us up on their lives. Lately the trolls have been the ones to carry on the thread and to tell the truth, I often don't understand a word they say. Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

Mississippi Man wrote:
@ Anne - Can't computers really be a pain? I rely mostly on the Belle to straighten this one out but it's had to go to the hospital shop several times. They tell me that the favorites column is severly over-loaded with songs. Don't understand that at all, why......5,000 or so songs....oh well, I'll drive it till it drops.
Get a portable zip drive that will plug into the USB connection and not stay in the main memory, then categorize your songs by genre. Another option is to offload them to CDs.
hello

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

Judged:

Just an update....squirrels have not yet got into the feeder! Thank you Mississippi Man for the great idea!
hello

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

Judged:

Princess412 wrote:
Found some old bird cages and cleaned them up. The children spray painted them cool colors and hung them in the trees! Can't wait till doing comes and they are all chirping! The children love taking pics of them! 49 degrees today but rain;(
Spray paint can be very toxic to birds. Use water-based latex paint, and always avoid lead-based or creosote paints that may be toxic to birds. Consider trying alternative, eco-friendly paints as well, or opt for natural stains rather than paints. Why would you put out cages? Did you mean houses or feeders?
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text> Get a portable zip drive that will plug into the USB connection and not stay in the main memory, then categorize your songs by genre. Another option is to offload them to CDs.
This will not make sense, because it doesn't to me. But the 5,000 (give or take) songs are not, I'm told, actually in my computer as such. I have just simply transfered every one of them from one place to another and I have no claim to them, IF that's the proper way to say it. But getting them onto discs was my plan from the start except I didn't know it was going to be next to impossible! I've got a nephew in Springfield, ILL. that has a masters degree in computer science and is willing to help anyway he can but I DO NOT understand his language and I'm trying to sweet-talk the Belle into taking over. Wish me luck!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
This will not make sense, because it doesn't to me. But the 5,000 (give or take) songs are not, I'm told, actually in my computer as such. I have just simply transfered every one of them from one place to another and I have no claim to them, IF that's the proper way to say it. But getting them onto discs was my plan from the start except I didn't know it was going to be next to impossible! I've got a nephew in Springfield, ILL. that has a masters degree in computer science and is willing to help anyway he can but I DO NOT understand his language and I'm trying to sweet-talk the Belle into taking over. Wish me luck!
The zip drive or the CDs are simply a method for storing the songs without accessing the internet each time via the over-loaded Favorites tool. Everything has it's limitations and it is just like the "straw that broke the camel's back", you cannot haul a semi-trailer load in the back of a pickup truck LOL and neither the Belle nor the CS nephew can make that miracle happen.

Another possibility is to create a portfolio or index (even on paper) or word document containing just the titles, then listen to the songs via a Google search.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

hello wrote:
<quoted text> Spray paint can be very toxic to birds. Use water-based latex paint, and always avoid lead-based or creosote paints that may be toxic to birds. Consider trying alternative, eco-friendly paints as well, or opt for natural stains rather than paints. Why would you put out cages? Did you mean houses or feeders?
All are paints are eco friendly believe me. We have old bird cages from the 60's found them in a old barn we are tearing down. Going to build a bird house out of old barn wood Can't wait!! Plus all the decor for the house. Next a squirrel house so they can stay away from the bird cages. Just don't want any snakes they love feed. We have more snow and cold nights UGG. Can't wait till it is summer out.
Anne

Battletown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Wasnt it a perfect day! We're spending tomorrow traveling so here's hoping the beautiful weather holds out!
Princess, every time I read about your bird projects I think of what I should do around here. There's a couple of bluebird boxes that I need to move because one is too convenient to the cats and the other seems to attract snakes. I understand the food chain but its not my intent to feed those cats or that snake with "my" bluebirds!
Maybe in a couple of days I will air up some of the bicycle tires and start up all the toys--go carts, 4 wheelers etc. better half had them running a few weeks ago and the kids had a ball--you could tell by the amount of mud coating every inch of the kids and the go carts! Lol
Anne52

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Another beautiful day! I've been wondering about misty and her family and hope alls going well with them. I know the guys are busy with outdoor projects and I will be outside doing this and that all next week--at least until the snow starts flying!! Lol
Hey

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Yeah . Think I ?
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2014

Anne52 wrote:
Another beautiful day! I've been wondering about misty and her family and hope alls going well with them. I know the guys are busy with outdoor projects and I will be outside doing this and that all next week--at least until the snow starts flying!! Lol
Yep, relocated my 25 pullets out of their cage and into a larger pen in the corner of the main chicken house, raked up last years corn stalks to keep them from getting wound around the tractor-tiller that operates on the PTO tractor drive, burned a brush pile and will raise leaf lettuce and onions in the ashes covering the lettuce with canvas to keep the leaves from turning bitter (I love a wilted lettuce and green onion salad with hot bacon grease and a splash of vinegar served up with hot buttered corn bread), then setting up another area for green beans and tomatoes. I can't eat all the stuff I plan to grow, but I have plenty of needy friends and town folk that can. LOL plus the more I can raise, the less grass I have to mow.
Lol

Madison, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2014

Hey wrote:
Yeah . Think I ?
No silly. I think your awesome

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2014

Judged:

What a great Sunday the birds are out and chirping, Going to fill the bird homes and start painting the tires. Making flower pots with them. Easter gifts to the favorite grandparents. My children's hand prints all over them.
Anne52

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2014

It's beautiful today! AW, sounds like you've got it all under control and you're raring to go. I need a bottle of that motivation that seems to work so well for you. Lol. The little bit I want to do, well, its hard for me to get started. Maybe this week? Lol. The painted tires with the handprints? I love that idea and, guess what!, I have a few old tires just laying around!! Btw...I'm sure I'd qualify as a granny if you have some to give away to the grandparents! Lol

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2014

Judged:

I can't wait until DOVE season..lol
yep

Battletown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2014

Judged:

LI0NSDEN wrote:
I can't wait until DOVE season..lol
You ever wrap the white meat with bacon and throw it on the grill? Oh, soooo, good!!
hello

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2014

Judged:

Yes!!! The tires make awesome flower pots we have many in the yard. Our grandchildren also have made us many art projects with there handprints. We just love them. Of course we love everything our grandchildren make. Love the shirts with the hand prints that make up the family tree. Beautiful! The grandchildren just love visiting us cause we do so many craft projects and we love having them. We have seven and expecting another this July, our second granddaughter. They picked out the name Mercedes, she will be spoiled as all the rest are too. Love the chats on here, don't get on here to often but I must run, barn chores are callin.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2014

Anne52 wrote:
It's beautiful today! AW, sounds like you've got it all under control and you're raring to go. I need a bottle of that motivation that seems to work so well for you. Lol. The little bit I want to do, well, its hard for me to get started. Maybe this week? Lol. The painted tires with the handprints? I love that idea and, guess what!, I have a few old tires just laying around!! Btw...I'm sure I'd qualify as a granny if you have some to give away to the grandparents! Lol
Always have extra, we are making them in bright colors. found this idea on pinterest. I had so many friends that dropped off the tires. Always looking for extra grandparents anytime.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Petersburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Petersburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••