Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
80,481 - 80,500 of 81,557 Comments Last updated Thursday
Anne

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Abeliever wrote:
The most popular poster in this birds thread just thought I'd drop by and say hello to all the regulars and decent posters.

Trolls.......nah!
Good Morning, Abeliever!! Wonderful to have you here this morning and you are truly missed! Hope things are going great for you and yours!
I sure miss Misty and Miss E so hope all's well with them. The guys have been rather silent also, so I'm assuming they are super busy with life and, hopefully, Life is Good!!
Anne

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Shirley Temple left this old world last night. She was 85.
RIP.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Anne wrote:
Shirley Temple left this old world last night. She was 85.
RIP.
Yes, RIP on the Good Ship, Lollipop.
boom

Hope, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

I hope everybody will take time to watch this video about fracking. Fracking will cause earthquakes along with many other bad things like animal deaths, house explosiions, human sickness, etc. Everybody needs to know about this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Anne

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

boom wrote:
I hope everybody will take time to watch this video about fracking. Fracking will cause earthquakes along with many other bad things like animal deaths, house explosiions, human sickness, etc. Everybody needs to know about this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I do know several states use fracking. Pennsylvania being one for sure. West Virginia, Ohio, parts of KY and TN. Others. Pretty widespread.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Mother is in bad shape.She and her three, small dogs were involved in an accident. She has three cracked ribs, punctured lung and concussion with severe bruising. Just heard recently she is suffering from cataracts as well..

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Misty eyed wrote:
Mother is in bad shape.She and her three, small dogs were involved in an accident. She has three cracked ribs, punctured lung and concussion with severe bruising. Just heard recently she is suffering from cataracts as well..
So sorry to hear this. Will keep her in prAyer and positive thought
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Would those cause a blackout? I had to speak with her over the phone. She is in so much pain. Living long distance is so terrible under these circumstances. Goodnight and Blessings.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Thank you,Ms. E. I need to go to bed and call her tomorrow. Your prayer and though are appreciated.Gnite.
Anne

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
Oh, Misty! I am so sorry about your Mothers accident. My prayers and thoughts go out for you and your family.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
Would those cause a blackout? I had to speak with her over the phone. She is in so much pain. Living long distance is so terrible under these circumstances. Goodnight and Blessings.
Cataracts would not necessarily cause a blackout but they can hamper the ability to see (like trying to look through a Coke bottle) and may be what caused the accident. A cataract is essentially a build up of film on the lens on the back of the eyeball that can be surgically removed and replaced with a manufactured lens. I have had both of my eyes operated on and carry papers in my wallet that explains the prescription on the new lens. The procedure (though worrisome) is not painful other than it feels like someone put a small piece of ice in the corner of the eye. More cold, than pain.

My biggest concern with the last procedure was that the eye surgeon (a female) was only about 4 foot 8 inches tall and had to stand on a stool to work on my eye. Her assistant was another lady about 6 foot 10 inches tall. A regular Mutt and Jeff. LOL I was afraid that the hovering giant might knock the little short surgeon off the stool and she might take my eyeball with her when she fell. LOL

Best wishes for your mother. I do understand the problem with distance and not being there to console and comfort first-hand..
boom

Hope, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know several states use fracking. Pennsylvania being one for sure. West Virginia, Ohio, parts of KY and TN. Others. Pretty widespread.
Turns out fracking isn't the wonderful solution it was said to be. What amazes me is how our own government allows certain things, sacrificing one section of people just to do what they want for the sake of money. It's no wonder they are getting by with this, it is Halliburton who "invented" fracking. It is not safe at all. People should really check into what is happening in areas where fracking is being done. Shoot, we don't need terrorists, we are poisoning our water supplies all on our own!

Here is another video: http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Thank you All for your thoughtful, kind remarks. Something about a
'mass' on her lung, but she was released this a.m. The physician has asked that she visit an opthamologist. She was abulating around her room packing to leave when her husband said she's 'getting it' meaning his cell. I sent her several pictures of the children to hopefully help her focus on getting better. Feeling sorry for her Hubby right now who stated the most obvious:'She overdoes it.' Could it be the Scotch/ Irish, Cherokee genes? I haven't a clue.
@ AW,Anne,Ms.E your kindness and words send positive energy toward Florida. Thank you,Blessed eve' to All.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Sinkhole collapsed in Bowling Green swallowing up 8 Corvettes at the National Corvette Museum.
kevin

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Sinkhole collapsed in Bowling Green swallowing up 8 Corvettes at the National Corvette Museum.
Reckon the New Madrid Fault is about to slip?
Anne

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Oh no! Those new ones setting in the lobby ?:-(

Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no! Those new ones setting in the lobby ?:-(
Lol
I think it said that one was from 1962 with two owned by GM and six by the museum.
what

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

I am concerned.
boom

Hope, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

what wrote:
I am concerned.
I keep thinking about that poor guy that was swallowed up while in his bedroom never to be seen again. Can you imagine that happening to a loved one? That's just sad, not to mention scary!
Anne

Wailuku, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

boom wrote:
<quoted text>I keep thinking about that poor guy that was swallowed up while in his bedroom never to be seen again. Can you imagine that happening to a loved one? That's just sad, not to mention scary!
Yes. It is scary and sad. There's a lot of sad things in this world.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Petersburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Petersburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••