Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81766 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#93993 Nov 13, 2013
Chicken, andouille sausage and okra gumbo for dinner tonight. Small pot of rice, shake of fil'e and like the French speaking maw maw that taught me-- I threw in a few hard boiled eggs!
Cest' Bon!
Jim Cornett

Campbellsville, KY

#93994 Nov 13, 2013
Libby wrote:
That happened in Arkansas too. But it was birds bees and fish?? It's the crazy thing I've ever heard of
I was stationed at Plattsburgh AFB, NY in 1959. A man came into the barracks and said that birds were dropping out of the air by the hundreds. I went outside, and they were laying all over the place. A few days later, we found out why. They had sprayed for weeds around a pond on the golf course, and a flock of migrating birds had stopped there for a drink. The poison in the weed spray killed them when they took off.
yep

Wooton, KY

#93995 Nov 13, 2013
Jim Cornett wrote:
<quoted text> I was stationed at Plattsburgh AFB, NY in 1959. A man came into the barracks and said that birds were dropping out of the air by the hundreds. I went outside, and they were laying all over the place. A few days later, we found out why. They had sprayed for weeds around a pond on the golf course, and a flock of migrating birds had stopped there for a drink. The poison in the weed spray killed them when they took off.
their is always a something that accounts for these things. i think what happened in western ky. was all the natural gas wells that had fracking going one let the gas into the air its heavy than oxygen when the lungs fill up with it no air will go in so they die.them birds flue thrue a methane cloud.many cattle are being killed by picking grass and breathing this gas where ever these well are located.
Imposter

Hazard, KY

#93996 Nov 13, 2013
yep wrote:
<quoted text>their is always a something that accounts for these things. i think what happened in western ky. was all the natural gas wells that had fracking going one let the gas into the air its heavy than oxygen when the lungs fill up with it no air will go in so they die.them birds flue thrue a methane cloud.many cattle are being killed by picking grass and breathing this gas where ever these well are located.
Eh buddy. Who knows for sure but that's a good enough guess. I guess the wind could have blown the gas up there to the birds, the birds fell quite a ways according to the analysis...well, the one released to the public that I seen back then- right after they fell dead- anyways.
They ruled the cause of birdie death to be blunt force trauma in the ones they analyzed.

We have since moved on to other less/more?- Important topics.

Do you really feel that redistribution of wealth is our only option? I'm neither here nor there on the subject but I've seen your posts about that recently. I think that's a dangerous idea ha, I think the powers really in charge would kill us out in mass numbers before they'd let that happen. I know its hard for you to understand that kind of greed... but it does in fact exist and it is the number one driving factor for the powers that be.
You have dealt mostly with human beings, I doubt you'll ever get a clear picture of what kind of greedy self serving... animals we've allowed to take charge.
We've let it go much too far to see a fix in our lifetimes I fear.
Tollesboro Guy

Lexington, KY

#93997 Nov 14, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Eh buddy. Who knows for sure but that's a good enough guess. I guess the wind could have blown the gas up there to the birds, the birds fell quite a ways according to the analysis...well, the one released to the public that I seen back then- right after they fell dead- anyways.
They ruled the cause of birdie death to be blunt force trauma in the ones they analyzed.
Do you really feel that redistribution of wealth is our only option? I'm neither here nor there on the subject but I've seen your posts about that recently. I think that's a dangerous idea ha, I think the powers really in charge would kill us out in mass numbers before they'd let that happen. I know its hard for you to understand that kind of greed... but it does in fact exist and it is the number one driving factor for the powers that be.
You have dealt mostly with human beings, I doubt you'll ever get a clear picture of what kind of greedy self serving... animals we've allowed to take charge.
Imposter,

Well, I am very tired, came in just now from a house fire here in Tollesboro (Lewis County). Member of the local VFD for a long time. Very bad, large family, all got out but lost everything. Typical story, had crammed the wood heating stove too full for the night but had not even cleaned the stovepipes or chimney this year. The loss alone makes me tired.

Bit, I digress. Redistribution of wealth. It's happening as I type. The Affordable Care Act was never about Healthcare. All about moving the $$ around on the table. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer and the so called "Middle Class" is being robbed and that money is going to the richest. Oh Heavenly Father, how much will be enough?

Soros is a pauper compared to the Rothschilds and many others. And if you hear something from Obama more than twice, look around and see what else he is doing. It's bad news for all of us, of that you can be sure.( Us being defined as people with some sort of computing device and internet connectivity)

More tomorrow, adrenaline draining away.

But you are, unfortunately, dead on...

Rick
Imposter

Hazard, KY

#93998 Nov 14, 2013
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Imposter,
Well, I am very tired, came in just now from a house fire here in Tollesboro (Lewis County). Member of the local VFD for a long time. Very bad, large family, all got out but lost everything. Typical story, had crammed the wood heating stove too full for the night but had not even cleaned the stovepipes or chimney this year. The loss alone makes me tired.
Bit, I digress. Redistribution of wealth. It's happening as I type. The Affordable Care Act was never about Healthcare. All about moving the $$ around on the table. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer and the so called "Middle Class" is being robbed and that money is going to the richest. Oh Heavenly Father, how much will be enough?
Soros is a pauper compared to the Rothschilds and many others. And if you hear something from Obama more than twice, look around and see what else he is doing. It's bad news for all of us, of that you can be sure.( Us being defined as people with some sort of computing device and internet connectivity)
More tomorrow, adrenaline draining away.
But you are, unfortunately, dead on...
Rick
That's a terrible thing to hit a family, especially this close to the Holidays. Thank God no one was killed or injured. Anyone using heat that involves a chimney should take note and brush up on the proper care of one.

As far as the other subject, the handwriting on the wall is pretty clear at this point. Calamity is near at hand, no doubt. Maybe ten or more years away but personally I doubt it'll be that long. I hope I'm wrong. I guarantee there are plans for mass containment. I've seen one of those camps, its supposed to be a storage area for forestry equipment, yeah right, six big empty dorms surrounded by two razzerwire fences to protect a couple of tractors.
I try not to dwell on it too much.
Beans, rice, water, guns ammo, fuel, training, training training and trusted allies.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93999 Nov 14, 2013
After Lavabit being shut down and the ACA- socialized insurance that is unaffordable with high prices and expensive deductibles- being passed, it won't surprise me whatever else happens. Lebar Levison handed over customers' information as it pertained to legal issue. I support, a businessman who has the integrity to close his private, technical business to keep our civil liberties and inalienably rights entact. 400,000 customers whose private chats, messages, pictures and credit card information need protected and not given to others without legal regard.
This kind of conduct reminds me of Nazi Germany and the Russian Bolsheviks. Our forefathers fought not for a country of free to have it destroyed from within. Yet, it happens with Manchurians.
Condolences to the Family who lost their home this holiday season. May blessings come in miscellaneous proportions.Peace and good will.
Imposter

London, KY

#94000 Nov 14, 2013
Sign of the times Misty, the information age will ultimately be their downfall. When the masses first became aware of the grossly inappropriate distribution of wealth worldwide and of the centuries certain families have called the shots (literally at times) plans to deal with a possible uprising had already been made and refined for years.

The next major natural disaster may not be natural after all. The red cross disaster relief camps may not be relief camps after all.
Information gathering is at an all time high, private, personal information is a thing of the past. Killer robots, tried, true, battle tested, they work like a charm. Its just like call of duty or modern warfare to the kids at the drone's controls.

Man Oh man, lets talk about quilts again. I always heard it was wise to keep a good blanket close.

Location hidden

#94001 Nov 14, 2013
I was thinking of all my garden friends when reading some poetry tonight
The final verse of Gurney's poem "The Lord God Planted A Garden"

The kiss of the sun for pardon,
The song of the birds for mirth--
One is nearer God's heart in a garden
Than anywhere else on earth
Imposter

London, KY

#94002 Nov 14, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
I was thinking of all my garden friends when reading some poetry tonight
The final verse of Gurney's poem "The Lord God Planted A Garden"
The kiss of the sun for pardon,
The song of the birds for mirth--
One is nearer God's heart in a garden
Than anywhere else on earth
Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion; it is not the expression of personality, but an escape from personality. But, of course, only those who have personality and emotions know what it means to want to escape from these things.
T. S. Eliot

I always liked his "Wasteland" diversion. Creep eh? Heeheeheehe

I'll admit it, I'm as mad as the proverbial hatter most times....
Happy most times too.
Imposter

London, KY

#94003 Nov 14, 2013
On a more sinister note...
Excerpt from Elliot's "Wasteland."-

(Come in under the shadow of this red rock),
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

I feel a nightmare coming on.
Goodnight people.
Imposter

London, KY

#94004 Nov 14, 2013
The guy was heading west in the morning, east in the evening? I guess he was going nowhere on his trek through Elliot's waste land. Did he settle under the shadow of the red rock, to ultimately become a handful of dust?
So shall we all, but our slow waste doesn't have to be sad OR boring.
Lets party to some Mitchell!

Imposter

London, KY

#94005 Nov 14, 2013
Yes he was heading east in the morning, west in the evening, just wanted to see if anyone noticed.....
Either way he was getting nowhere fast lol.
i do

Wooton, KY

#94006 Nov 14, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Eh buddy. Who knows for sure but that's a good enough guess. I guess the wind could have blown the gas up there to the birds, the birds fell quite a ways according to the analysis...well, the one released to the public that I seen back then- right after they fell dead- anyways.
understand lot what you are talking about.they are lot hope and cures. and i know to some it don't seem possible and you cant get big large amounts to ban together to change things .the small little unknown man will change things not with large army but with wisdom.the things the under ground small men are doing today that can be don and is being done. you would not believe until you know how its done so simple ever body has looked over it.i happened up on the blue prints by accidents.never knew who they belong to or how they stole them back from me but i can remember a whole lot about them the concept .they looked so simple i would try some my self but i guess i am scared in lot ways.untested things is not my thing.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#94007 Nov 14, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>do they look like ? are they big squires or small squares?
They are assorted sizes. The best I can remember, they're approximately 4" x 4 " up to twice that size.

@Anne..........thank you much for your suggestions. If I can get the Belle to dig them out of the ancient archives back there in that long closet, I may "get into hot persoote" on this.(another Jackie Gleason!) Now as to what they look like.....there is every kind of stitch design you can imagine and from black, blue to lighter tweed and tans.
lot

Wooton, KY

#94008 Nov 14, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
They are assorted sizes. The best I can remember, they're approximately 4" x 4 " up to twice that size.
@Anne..........thank you much for your suggestions. If I can get the Belle to dig them out of the ancient archives back there in that long closet, I may "get into hot persoote" on this.(another Jackie Gleason!) Now as to what they look like.....there is every kind of stitch design you can imagine and from black, blue to lighter tweed and tans.
of the old time quilts were small pieces sowed together to make the top. then they would use a middle piece and a sheet for the bottom .then they would use a twine to tack it to gather .i can remember seeing little tied red twine about 6 inches apart all over one them .then they would sow the ends up.they was pretty quilts.they called a tacked quilt..
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#94009 Nov 14, 2013
Imposter wrote:
Yes he was heading east in the morning, west in the evening, just wanted to see if anyone noticed.....
Either way he was getting nowhere fast lol.
Life get's nowhere fast. We can head east or west or just wander around in the garden and either way, it is all over way too soon and our blossoms just wither and die. But it is good to see the beauty of the rose and smell it's sweet aroma while we can, even if we get pricked by the thorn that accompanies it.
Tollesboro Guy

Lexington, KY

#94010 Nov 15, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>That's a terrible thing to hit a family, especially this close to the Holidays. Thank God no one was killed or injured. Anyone using heat that involves a chimney should take note and brush up on the proper care of one.
As far as the other subject, the handwriting on the wall is pretty clear at this point. Calamity is near at hand, no doubt. Maybe ten or more years away but personally I doubt it'll be that long. I hope I'm wrong. I guarantee there are plans for mass containment. I've seen one of those camps, its supposed to be a storage area for forestry equipment, yeah right, six big empty dorms surrounded by two razzerwire fences to protect a couple of tractors.
I try not to dwell on it too much.
Beans, rice, water, guns ammo, fuel, training, training training and trusted allies.
Train, train, train until it's all muscle memory. As to all other, same HERE. Nice.
Tollesboro Guy

Lexington, KY

#94011 Nov 15, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
After Lavabit being shut down and the ACA- socialized insurance that is unaffordable with high prices and expensive deductibles- being passed, it won't surprise me whatever else happens. Lebar Levison handed over customers' information as it pertained to legal issue. I support, a businessman who has the integrity to close his private, technical business to keep our civil liberties and inalienably rights entact. 400,000 customers whose private chats, messages, pictures and credit card information need protected and not given to others without legal regard.
This kind of conduct reminds me of Nazi Germany and the Russian Bolsheviks. Our forefathers fought not for a country of free to have it destroyed from within. Yet, it happens with Manchurians.
Condolences to the Family who lost their home this holiday season. May blessings come in miscellaneous proportions.Peace and good will.
Misty,

I sent out all of the prayer request calls, mails and texts at 8, by noon the Elders of at least 8 of the larger churches were onsite, on phone and on email. Our Benevolence Committee got together WITHOUT a board meeting! The family is now in 5 adjoining hotel rooms at the Best Western about 9 miles away. Preachers' wives were there writing down shoe sizes, pants, shirts, blouses, coats and essentials were pulled from the local Food Pantry like toothpaste, toothbrushes, mouthwash and you can guess the rest. They have been provided some cash but Sunday there will be special offering requests at most if not all area churches.

God was very busy here today. There were smiles everywhere,but none so much as the family. They were stunned. Thank You Father.

Location hidden

#94012 Nov 15, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion; it is not the expression of personality, but an escape from personality. But, of course, only those who have personality and emotions know what it means to want to escape from these things.
T. S. Eliot

I always liked his "Wasteland" diversion. Creep eh? Heeheeheehe

I'll admit it, I'm as mad as the proverbial hatter most times....
Happy most times too.
Mad as a hatter? Too much mercury dear friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Petersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Tyler Brockman a child rapist? (Jun '14) 2 hr car007 86
Poll What Samantha Ramsey's homocide... justified? (May '14) 2 hr car007 793
Reason for Season May 23 car007 1
Tammy Feldhaus May 20 Wondering 1
Poll Who Can Arrest Tyler Brockman? (Sep '14) May 13 car007 12
Bryan Stevens Batbershop May 5 sam 7
Poll Should Jack Conway Investigate Tyler Glockman B... May 5 Johnathan D Masters 6
More from around the web

Petersburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]