Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81766 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Anne

Hollywood, FL

#93392 Oct 14, 2013
Pe uW wrote:
<quoted text>Ya'll could charge for the fumigating tonight if you stayed in motels.
Heeheehee!!
Anne

Hollywood, FL

#93393 Oct 14, 2013
I have been watching where my "location" puts me. A little crazy. I always post using my iPhone. Usually my location shows United States. However, I sometimes post through the topix app and that assigns me various locations. According to a few posts in the last few weeks I've been in Philadelphia , Pennsylvania and now I've been in Orlando Florida! Lol neither one is correct. Does anyone know how/why this happens? Maybe it's just the wind blowing me around? Some wind!
Anne

Hollywood, FL

#93394 Oct 14, 2013
@aw as far as being a prepper I guess i am to a certain extent. I've stashed away some food and water but I need to gradually build up a supply of toilet paper. I really like that stuff and would really miss it. Then i need to put some extra cash under the mattress. But tell me, what currency should I squirrel away? Hmmmm.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93396 Oct 14, 2013
Anne wrote:
I have been watching where my "location" puts me. A little crazy. I always post using my iPhone. Usually my location shows United States. However, I sometimes post through the topix app and that assigns me various locations. According to a few posts in the last few weeks I've been in Philadelphia , Pennsylvania and now I've been in Orlando Florida! Lol neither one is correct. Does anyone know how/why this happens? Maybe it's just the wind blowing me around? Some wind!
We have two IT guys on here ;) I think, it has something to do with one's ISP or servers; I guess, where the internet is basically signals that it would be easier for a phone's address or your location to change while traveling. On the other hand if one has a direct line of access like DSL or dial up, the customer has one location. I am pretty technologically ignorant. Partner is the tech brain. Hehehe. AW could provide you with the correct response. He knows everything. Hahaha.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93397 Oct 14, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> We have two IT guys on here ;) I think, it has something to do with one's ISP or servers; I guess, where the internet is basically signals that it would be easier for a phone's address or your location to change while traveling. On the other hand if one has a direct line of access like DSL or dial up, the customer has one location. I am pretty technologically ignorant. Partner is the tech brain. Hehehe. AW could provide you with the correct response. He knows everything. Hahaha.
No, I don't know everything. I just know enough about some things to be dangerous. LOL But I do know that for DSL or dial-up land lines that Topix picks up the location of the switching station being used at the time of the last modem reboot, power outtage, etc. If my ISP (Windstream) has heavy traffic or problems in one location, my traffic might get switched off to another location just to spread the load. But Windstream being mainly a Central Kentucky operation, my location will generally be reflected as being close but never really where I am. I do not live in Lexington, Berea, Nicholasville, or Versailles which are the main areas that Topix usually reflects.

Iphones being satellite driven will reflect where Topix sends and receives the best signals and really has no bearing on where the Iphone user is located. If you notice locations, Iphone locations will usually be reflected as United Staes or major cities and rarely show as being "Podunk".

I have been out today helping frame and install a set of double French doors... Not an easy task but fortunately, we did not break any glass. LOL
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93398 Oct 14, 2013
I have been out today helping frame and install a set of double French doors... Not an easy task but fortunately, we did not break any glass. LOL
@ AW, Thanks, as always for clarification of signals and locations. Grandma always warned us about breaking glass and broken mirrors. My brother sat on a glass door as a child. Toddling around bare bottom because he was running from Mother, he had to be rushed to the hospital. I always lay glass doors to the side against a brace ( my screen glass one). It was a hard lesson to learn for all of us. French doors are nice though. I always liked them. Have a good evening. It sure has been a good one already;)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93399 Oct 14, 2013
I learned something new yesterday when watching a program on the 13th century. The sailing ships back then did not steer from the rear but on the side with a "steering board", later shortened to be "starboard".

And since the steering mechanism was on the side, they could only dock on the other or "port" side.

Then they discussed the usage of male urine. Many towns had "pee pots" where the urine was collected for it's ammonia to be used for cleaning wool. I wonder if that is where the sailors came up with "pee jackets" ? LOL
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93400 Oct 14, 2013
Haha. Well, the first pea ' pee' jacket appeared by term around 1720. Your idea makes sense. Haha. Never thought of it. Some, of course, are longer than others. It would have been possible to be concealed. Lol. I'll not go there.
Well, good evening:)
OhioJeepGirl

Lenore, WV

#93401 Oct 14, 2013
Hello, Hello, Hello! I sure miss everyone!

@AW - My father pretty much raised me on a sail boat when I was young. It is really neat to finally learn how starboard and port got their names. How is the home place coming? The chickens and the dog?

ABeliever has not made it back yet? I need to get my laptop fixed as well. The thing freezes so bad that I often have to type one letter at a time or wait until all the darn ads load.

Betty has emailed a couple of times, but it looks like she is missing from the bird thread.

Any word from Hope aka anagram?

It looks like there are some new people on the thread. That is great!

I sure need to start posting again as long as this computer will let me, at least until I finally get it fixed. lol Then it will be much easier to keep up on Topix and emails.

My surgery went well. Now I will have my baseline scans and we will watch and see. I have refused chemo so far, but the oncologist said that if my next scans in January show that it is still growing that we will have to discuss it then. My left kidney is failing now. It only has 9% function and they are sending me out to UK hospital where they use the DeVinci robot. With out any health insurance and after forking out around $1400 for the ovary removal, I think I will wait a bit. They mainly want to take it out to stop the pain, but it is just not hurting nothing like what it was. So, now I am at the sit and wait mode. I am still not sure what to do with myself, but I guess life is always about change, nothing ever stays the same...even Iran's president or America's ability to project strength! LOL

Hope everyone is doing well.(((Hugs)))
OhioJeepGirl

Lenore, WV

#93402 Oct 14, 2013
Anne wrote:
Ha ha ha!!! Every time your location changes, post about what great weather you are having and how wonderful the scenery is. Everyone will think you are on a great vacation for sure! Hmmm would work well for stalkers too! LOL

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#93403 Oct 14, 2013
WOW!!!!!! Jeep Girl.... Where have You been??? You were missed a whole lot.. Welcome back :)

Location hidden

#93404 Oct 14, 2013
Uhhhhhh Not the mentioned stalker honest ;)
OhioJeepGirl

Lenore, WV

#93405 Oct 14, 2013
Well thank you so much, Tire Iron. Did you use to use a different name on here?

Location hidden

#93406 Oct 14, 2013
Hi Yes I did :)

Location hidden

#93407 Oct 14, 2013
Mashed turtle
Anne

Hollywood, FL

#93409 Oct 14, 2013
@OhioJeepGirl. Hello! As you know I am new around these here parts. I am saddened to hear of your health problems and pray things will go well for you.
Earlier an old buddy of yours popped in and hit me pretty hard because he thought I was you! Lol . But the joke was on him, lol, isn't that right, Imposter? Lol uh huh! Anyway, welcome back!
Anne

Hollywood, FL

#93410 Oct 14, 2013
Whew! Tell you what !! I just love this weather here!! High 70's and low 80's! Listen, bird threaders, why don't you just hop a plane or car pool and get down here!! This big ole condo has about 3 too many bedrooms for us!! Bring your bathing suits as the beach is right out the front door! Tomorrow night is the Kentucky beach blanket party so ya gotta hurry!!

LOL. Here's to you, OhioJeepGirl ! You too, Imposter!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93411 Oct 14, 2013
@ OJP, it is nice to hear from you. I send as much positive energy and good will to you as possible. Hang in there and stay positive;) I find Duck Dynasty gives me a lot of comedy these days. Lol. Happy,happy,happy...and these topix posters.Hehehe.
Take care and many blessings from our home to you;)

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#93412 Oct 14, 2013
Anne wrote:
@OhioJeepGirl. Hello! As you know I am new around these here parts. I am saddened to hear of your health problems and pray things will go well for you.
Earlier an old buddy of yours popped in and hit me pretty hard because he thought I was you! Lol . But the joke was on him, lol, isn't that right, Imposter? Lol uh huh! Anyway, welcome back!
I haven't seen imposter for a few days.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93413 Oct 14, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't seen imposter for a few days.
I hope he is well. He has also had some health issues.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Petersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll What Samantha Ramsey's homocide... justified? (May '14) 7 min car007 793
Is Tyler Brockman a child rapist? (Jun '14) 22 hr Bill 85
Reason for Season May 23 car007 1
Tammy Feldhaus May 20 Wondering 1
Poll Who Can Arrest Tyler Brockman? (Sep '14) May 13 car007 12
Bryan Stevens Batbershop May 5 sam 7
Poll Should Jack Conway Investigate Tyler Glockman B... May 5 Johnathan D Masters 6
More from around the web

Petersburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]