Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,719

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#90683 Jul 5, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
for lala, looks like it is happening all over. Have you heard anything about the one in La? Seems quiet on that disaster.
Sinkhole swallows car in Ohio
Chicago,Florida, and Oklahoma videos of sinkholes are there too.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21134540/vp=5238796...
Belie??? Are you out there? What do you think?(Happy 4th)
The sinkhole in Louisiana is getting worse,and now has a yellow sheen on the water. There has been a marked increase in seismic activity on 7/4. Gas explosions are a real concern now. Reports are on La. local news, but there is no mainstream national media reporting on this disaster. Also note that Fukushima, Reactor 2 is in even worse shape now. Workers cannot go in to even try to repair or clean up. It was reported that the radioactive level is so high, that even a specialized team entering would probably die before completing the task. There is a red/purplish glow surrounding the reactor. There has to be emissions coming from the plant, and they are continuing to leak radioactive water in the ocean.
We are living in dangerous times. "Nero continues to fiddle as Rome burns."
Jussayin

United States

#90684 Jul 5, 2013
Is wondering why this is a thread anyways. I mean, why not a Facebook page? What's the point? Just asking :)
Curious

United States

#90685 Jul 5, 2013
Are you guys Amish, Indians, doomsayers, Christians or what? I don't get it...just curious...not to be offensive.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90686 Jul 5, 2013
Jussayin wrote:
Is wondering why this is a thread anyways. I mean, why not a Facebook page? What's the point? Just asking :)
It is really quite simple. With Facebook one can only communicate with people they already know. With this thread, one can make new contacts.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90687 Jul 5, 2013
Post holes are all wet. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90688 Jul 5, 2013
Curious wrote:
Are you guys Amish, Indians, doomsayers, Christians or what? I don't get it...just curious...not to be offensive.
Some of each and much more.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#90690 Jul 5, 2013
Curious wrote:
Are you guys Amish, Indians, doomsayers, Christians or what? I don't get it...just curious...not to be offensive.
Just a bunch of online friends. Care to join us?
Anne

Owensboro, KY

#90692 Jul 5, 2013
Hey guys! I guess there's a whole lot of everyone and everything on here! I love the different perspectives and many ranges of life experiences . It's what keeps me " young " lol. The bird threaders are a great diverse group!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#90693 Jul 6, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a drizzly wet time we are having of it lately!! Hopefully next week will be much better ... Oh about 82 and sunny! Have a nice evening and maybe you'll get some rest tonight!
No rest for the weary. But, plenty of rain.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90694 Jul 6, 2013
Was Noah was the first prepper ?
Anne

Owensboro, KY

#90695 Jul 6, 2013
Noah, he did build himself that ark. Worked out great for him and his family with Devine help.

Good Morning folks! Just a'sittin' here in western KY with plans to head home later today. I found a good sale on a shepherds hook that'll work just perfect to replace the one that the tree hit when it fell.
Friday morning as I stood about fifty feet from the chicken pen watching the 3 youngest ( all the hens were in the coop) a quail came up to the pen and calmly sauntered along the fence. Surprised me and the chickens! The chickens got excited, flapping and flying about. The 5 hens in the shed dashed out to check out the commotion! These crazy birds certainly have a lot of entertainment value.

Roaming, do you toss and turn all night or do you have projects and hobbies you work on? I need my rest and I'm not fit to live with otherwise. I've even resorted to siestas during hot days.
Rick

Morehead, KY

#90700 Jul 6, 2013
Anne wrote:
Noah, he did build himself that ark. Worked out great for him and his family with Devine help.
Good Morning folks! Just a'sittin' here in western KY with plans to head home later today. I found a good sale on a shepherds hook that'll work just perfect to replace the one that the tree hit when it fell.
Friday morning as I stood about fifty feet from the chicken pen watching the 3 youngest ( all the hens were in the coop) a quail came up to the pen and calmly sauntered along the fence. Surprised me and the chickens! The chickens got excited, flapping and flying about. The 5 hens in the shed dashed out to check out the commotion! These crazy birds certainly have a lot of entertainment value.
Roaming, do you toss and turn all night or do you have projects and hobbies you work on? I need my rest and I'm not fit to live with otherwise. I've even resorted to siestas during hot days.
Anne,

The wife and I have taken to an hour nap around 10 PM after the farm and household animals have their food and meds, all dishes washed and dinner over. Tired from the rushing around after work.

It's great. At 11 we awake refreshed, light some candles for The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit and that's the only light in the great room and we find a good movie to enjoy. By 1:30, after prayers, we're fast asleep again but that nap is awesome!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#90701 Jul 6, 2013
Anne wrote:
Noah, he did build himself that ark. Worked out great for him and his family with Devine help.
Good Morning folks! Just a'sittin' here in western KY with plans to head home later today. I found a good sale on a shepherds hook that'll work just perfect to replace the one that the tree hit when it fell.
Friday morning as I stood about fifty feet from the chicken pen watching the 3 youngest ( all the hens were in the coop) a quail came up to the pen and calmly sauntered along the fence. Surprised me and the chickens! The chickens got excited, flapping and flying about. The 5 hens in the shed dashed out to check out the commotion! These crazy birds certainly have a lot of entertainment value.
Roaming, do you toss and turn all night or do you have projects and hobbies you work on? I need my rest and I'm not fit to live with otherwise. I've even resorted to siestas during hot days.
I usually just work on other stuff. If I lay in bed, I get nervous and frustrated. So, I don't even try it most nights.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90702 Jul 6, 2013
The advantage to being retired is no schedules. I am as likely to go to bed at 6 pm as I am at midnight. It varies on how I feel. The disadvantage is that you have to get old to get here. LOL
Jess

Georgetown, KY

#90704 Jul 6, 2013
How many in all

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#90705 Jul 6, 2013
Rick wrote:
<quoted text>
Anne,
The wife and I have taken to an hour nap around 10 PM after the farm and household animals have their food and meds, all dishes washed and dinner over. Tired from the rushing around after work.
It's great. At 11 we awake refreshed, light some candles for The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit and that's the only light in the great room and we find a good movie to enjoy. By 1:30, after prayers, we're fast asleep again but that nap is awesome!
Short naps enable a person to get a second wind. Sounds like you and your wife have a great marriage. Those who pray together stay together.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#90706 Jul 6, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
The advantage to being retired is no schedules. I am as likely to go to bed at 6 pm as I am at midnight. It varies on how I feel. The disadvantage is that you have to get old to get here. LOL
I do the same thing. I generally sleep no more than a couple of hours at a time, and I have often done household tasks in the wee hours of the morning. You're right. It's too bad one has to age in order to enjoy no schedules. I have been fortunate during my working life, however. Being self-employed for many years enabled me to set my own schedule on a day-to-day basis. I have been blessed in many ways. Now, like you, I enjoy simple things in life....watching wildlife, puttering in the barn, taking care of critter babies, and reading. I intend to savor life until the Good Lord calls me home.
Anne

United States

#90707 Jul 6, 2013
Rick wrote:
<quoted text>
Anne,
The wife and I have taken to an hour nap around 10 PM after the farm and household animals have their food and meds, all dishes washed and dinner over. Tired from the rushing around after work.
It's great. At 11 we awake refreshed, light some candles for The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit and that's the only light in the great room and we find a good movie to enjoy. By 1:30, after prayers, we're fast asleep again but that nap is awesome!

Your home life sounds secure and wonderful! May God richly bless you and yours. On a daily basis I thank Him for the blessings.
Like you, that nap is awesome and I awaken refreshed.
Anne

United States

#90708 Jul 6, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I do the same thing. I generally sleep no more than a couple of hours at a time, and I have often done household tasks in the wee hours of the morning. You're right. It's too bad one has to age in order to enjoy no schedules. I have been fortunate during my working life, however. Being self-employed for many years enabled me to set my own schedule on a day-to-day basis. I have been blessed in many ways. Now, like you, I enjoy simple things in life....watching wildlife, puttering in the barn, taking care of critter babies, and reading. I intend to savor life until the Good Lord calls me home.
I enjoy watching wildlife also! There's even a bench set out by the chicken yard to watch those crazy birds.. Lol. Recently I attended a retirement party in a subdivision and realized I've become a lot more country than I've been in years...however I held my tongue and didnt mention feeding my cats , dog, chickens, or pond fish lol. Guess I'm just the country cousin!!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#90709 Jul 6, 2013
Been a long, wet day! lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Petersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christianity... is a mental illness? 4 hr Sara Rose 1
What Samantha Ramsey's homocide... justified? (May '14) Tue Santa Claus 471
Thanksgiving Computer Sale Nov 29 shopper 2
Samantha Ramsey Nov 20 car007 9
To the Sheriff Nov 20 Mark Webber 15
Boone County Coroner in on Cover Up (Jun '14) Nov 19 Mark Webber 27
No indictment of Deputy Brockman in Samantha Ra... Nov 18 car007 27
Petersburg Dating
Find my Match

Petersburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Petersburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Petersburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:58 am PST

NBC Sports 8:58AM
Bucs add veteran defensive end Lawrence Sidbury
Bleacher Report11:00 AM
Jaguars, Titans Battle for No. 1 Pick as AFC South Tries to Catch Andrew Luck
NFL 1:47 PM
One Preview: Passing and rushing yardage leaders meet in Big D
NBC Sports 2:30 PM
Manziel looking for better showing in second start - NBC Sports
Yahoo! Sports 3:51 PM
Luck trying to work out issues before playoffs