Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,764)

Showing posts 75,261 - 75,280 of81,198
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Guess not. Maybe I will just disconnect the modem etc...and reboot. At least I might show up somewhere in Kentucky. hahaha
Belie, you and JPF/OJG were discussing the bees at one time and it seems there has been alot of talk about them lately.
Honeybees are vanishing so fast we might soon have nothing to eat
Almost one-third of all commercial honeybee colonies in America didn't make it through the past winter, a group of experts announced Wednesday. If your response to that is, "Whatever, no biggie, I don't like those pesky insects," you're missing the point. The unexplained and increasingly steep decline in the honeybee population is now seriously threatening the food supply chain. "We're getting closer and closer to the point where we donít have enough bees in this country to meet pollination demands," University of Maryland entomologist Dennis vanEngelsdorp said. "One in every three bites [of food consumed in the U.S.] is directly or indirectly pollinated by bees." Meaning, if the bee deaths continue at this rate, it could seriously sting.
http://now.msn.com/bee-deaths-increase-and-th...
You are absolutely correct. This is what I mean about world events: the bee colony collapse, radioactive waste reaching the west coast, with probable result of sea lions sickening and dying, water shortage, famines, countries plagued with drought, others inundated with flood water. All of these things impact our survival, in the sense that it affects availability of clean drinking water, and severe crop failure. Not to mention the locust swarms in the middle and far east, decimating crops and causing famine on a biblical scale. The previous poster seems to have these kinds of things wrapped up in politics, which is far from the truth. We are entering a phase of earth changes which may ultimately threaten humanity. People need to educate themselves and stop with the platitudes about politics. I stopped discussing this long ago; there is no point. But I live on this tiny blue marble and I am concerned about things going on that directly affect me....perhaps not now, but soon enough.Emulate the boy scouts---"always be prepared." How can one prepare if one is not aware.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

ONION BOMBS
1. large onions ground meat seasonings to taste Directions: 1. peel your onions
and cut them in half as equally as possible.

2. Prepare your meatballs how you
want them-- I used italian seasoning, oregano, chili powder, minced garlic,
ketchup, worcestershire sauce and some bread crumbs

3. Size your meatballs so
that they can be squished between two pieces of onions. Some meat will push out
the ends and that is okay!!! Just make them as compact as possible!!

4. wrap each onion bomb in tinfoil-- might want to double them since they'll be tossed
in the fire! Make sure not to poke holes in the foil!!

5. toss in the fire and
try to get them in the coals.

6. cook for about 10 minutes, flip em around and
cook another 10 minutes or so!!!

Hempburn might try that one out on the grill.

Loaded Potato and Chicken Casserole
2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, cubed (1")
8-10 medium potatoes, cut in 1/2" cubes
1/3 cup olive oil
1&1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp. black pepper
1 Tbsp. paprika
2 Tbsp. garlic powder
6 Tbsp. hot sauce

Topping:
2 cups fiesta blend cheese
1 cup crumbled bacon
1 cup diced green onion

Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Spray a 9X13" baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and hot sauce. Add the cubed potatoes and stir to coat. Carefully scoop the potatoes into the prepared baking dish, leaving behind as much of the olive oil/hot sauce mixture as possible. Bake the potatoes for 45-50 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes, until cooked through and crispy and browned on the outside. While the potatoes are cooking, add the cubed chicken to the bowl with the left over olive oil/hot sauce mixture and stir to coat. Once the potatoes are fully cooked, remove from the oven and lower the oven temperature to 400 degrees. Top the cooked potatoes with the raw marinated chicken. In a bowl ix together the cheese, bacon and green onion and top the raw chicken with the cheese mixture.

Return the casserole to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the topping is bubbly delicious.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Guess not. Maybe I will just disconnect the modem etc...and reboot. At least I might show up somewhere in Kentucky. hahaha
Belie, you and JPF/OJG were discussing the bees at one time and it seems there has been alot of talk about them lately.
Honeybees are vanishing so fast we might soon have nothing to eat
Almost one-third of all commercial honeybee colonies in America didn't make it through the past winter, a group of experts announced Wednesday. If your response to that is, "Whatever, no biggie, I don't like those pesky insects," you're missing the point. The unexplained and increasingly steep decline in the honeybee population is now seriously threatening the food supply chain. "We're getting closer and closer to the point where we donít have enough bees in this country to meet pollination demands," University of Maryland entomologist Dennis vanEngelsdorp said. "One in every three bites [of food consumed in the U.S.] is directly or indirectly pollinated by bees." Meaning, if the bee deaths continue at this rate, it could seriously sting.
http://now.msn.com/bee-deaths-increase-and-th...
I have read about this worrisome problem,AB. Dad has two active stands and a dead bee filled log that is trying to swarm. Fortunately, they haven't left it yet. Just recently he was reminded to use mite screens because that helps infestation of the colonies. Bees are wonderful little insects:)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

It is infinitely better to have a few good men than many indifferent ones.
Letter to James McHenry (10 August 1798).
It was not my intention to doubt that, the Doctrines of the Illuminati, and principles of Jacobinism had not spread in the United States. On the contrary, no one is more truly satisfied of this fact than I am.
The idea that I meant to convey, was, that I did not believe that the Lodges of Free Masons in this Country had, as Societies, endeavoured to propagate the diabolical tenets of the first, or pernicious principles of the latter (if they are susceptible of seperation). That Individuals of them may have done it, or that the founder, or instrument employed to found, the Democratic Societies in the United States, may have had these objects; and actually had a seperation of the People from their Government in view, is too evident to be questioned.
Letter to the Reverend G. W. Snyder (24 October 1798).- George Washington
The greatest leader to have ever existed in Ameican history held the same beliefs popular as I do today. He did not want to be King or Emperor; he was George.
The birds are trilling so beautifully. Life is good;) Wonderful eve' to All.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Just got home. Beautiful day today, cold though. Spring has left us yet again!
go blue forever

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

the birds this thread lives on
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Wonderful day, beautiful weather, great BBQ with family and friends. Sorry I missed you lala and misty-eyed.

I hope all the MOMS have a ......

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Happy Mothers day! Hope it's a good one for you all.
So true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Happy Mothers. Day to all of you.., life would not be right without Mothers..
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

To All the Mothers out there, a very Happy Mother's Day. Have a nice one:) I have two precious babies myself; life has been kinder for them.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

happy mothers day guys, its sunny and wonderful outside and hubby is working on getting the grill going. we didnt really plan on a party but i sent a mass text out that was like "hey....johnsonville brats!" and now we got people coming so i will probably not make it back to the thread till late evening. hope everyone has a great day..... and to all the men who are both mother and father.....happy mothers day also.
Rapidfire

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Many thanks and GODSpeed to All mothers today . Without You, we would not be here ! lol Hope everyone enjoys this beautiful day that the Lord hath made... yes indeed !
Rapidfire

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Mommas' most famous words ; Come home , come home , it's supper time !
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Rapidfire wrote:
Mommas' most famous words ; Come home , come home , it's supper time !
There is a Gospel song with that name or line in it.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

A lovely group who sings so well. A gospel favorite;) good eve to All.
Go All A

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Oglala wrote:
@ Betty:
Anytime that you want to have a discussion about Syria, North Korea, Bengazzi (spelling is not my forte), coverups, false flags, I am up for a good discussion. I follow the world news very closely because what happens in the world WILL ultimately affect us,our children, and our grand children.When others are speaking about different topics, I usually join their conversations, whatever it may be. I don't want to be impolite and interject something out of left field, But if someone introduces a related comment, or if there is something in the news that will affect our well-being, I'm up for a good conversation. Discussions of this type will also help to keep the bird thread alive and dynamic.
when OJG and I were having our heated discussions over a year ago about false flags and coverups with regard to 9/11, terrorists, and the Illuminati agenda this thread was very lively with trolls, topix mods, and hasbarats...weren't you around for those discussions? So go ahead and open up the discussion again and watch this thread come alive. There is a common thread to those subjects you brought up...it's all about the New World Order. There is one author I like in particular who I think addresses all of this very well. Check out some of the articles on this site:
http://benjaminfulford.net/
Here are some others that are also very good:
http://www.globalresearch.ca/
http://www.veteranstoday.com/
http://www.pakalertpress.com/

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Hope you all had a good day, I know I did.
RisingMoonManiac

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
I'm so happy for you
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
i had a wonderful day!

my mom had gone to branson for a little vacation and she was supposed to be back Friday but they had some car troubles and had to stay over in Illinois and we were not sure if she would make it back into town by this afternoon so we didn't plan anything but she called me early this morning to let me know they got home ok so we kinda just put it together at the last minute. i found a great deal on hotdogs and brats smack in the middle of winter last year and just couldn't resist but i needed to clear up some room in my freezer so hubby fired up the grill and i started defrosting things. my sister threw together a few sides and stopped for a bucket of tater salad on the way. my brother and his wife got a fruit tray and some 2 liters and my best friend brought the chips and her little family and her mom. we ended up with about twenty five people with all the kids.

tin box is only a 12x60 but the back porch his huge. everyone got full and had a chair to sit in so.... not too bad for a last minute potluck.

when i was a child my grandparents did a family get-together as often as possible...every holiday and if there wasn't a holiday there was a birthday that could be used as an excuse. they had a nice sized house and a large yard, would always set up a volley ball net and horseshoe pits and corn hole after it got popular again. always a fun time. my house is great for the summer stuff but way too small for Christmas gatherings though we did do thanks giving here last year and everyone survived. thinking maybe i will try a score a cheap net and some corn hole boards online in the next day or two so we can do something for memorial day. always love it when i have an excuse to do a cook out.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

betty wrote:
<quoted text>
i had a wonderful day!
my mom had gone to branson for a little vacation and she was supposed to be back Friday but they had some car troubles and had to stay over in Illinois and we were not sure if she would make it back into town by this afternoon so we didn't plan anything but she called me early this morning to let me know they got home ok so we kinda just put it together at the last minute. i found a great deal on hotdogs and brats smack in the middle of winter last year and just couldn't resist but i needed to clear up some room in my freezer so hubby fired up the grill and i started defrosting things. my sister threw together a few sides and stopped for a bucket of tater salad on the way. my brother and his wife got a fruit tray and some 2 liters and my best friend brought the chips and her little family and her mom. we ended up with about twenty five people with all the kids.
tin box is only a 12x60 but the back porch his huge. everyone got full and had a chair to sit in so.... not too bad for a last minute potluck.
when i was a child my grandparents did a family get-together as often as possible...every holiday and if there wasn't a holiday there was a birthday that could be used as an excuse. they had a nice sized house and a large yard, would always set up a volley ball net and horseshoe pits and corn hole after it got popular again. always a fun time. my house is great for the summer stuff but way too small for Christmas gatherings though we did do thanks giving here last year and everyone survived. thinking maybe i will try a score a cheap net and some corn hole boards online in the next day or two so we can do something for memorial day. always love it when i have an excuse to do a cook out.
Sounded wonderful. Have a 14x60 well, 56 without axel here. It's great you got to celebrate Mommy's Day with your Family. It's really pleasant to hear. I'm calling it an evening:) Goodnight and Blessings to All.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 75,261 - 75,280 of81,198
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Petersburg Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Petersburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance