Why dinosaurs matter

Why dinosaurs matter

There are 102 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Mar 30, 2010, titled Why dinosaurs matter. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

There were plenty of signs for the Creation Museum on the ring road that wraps around Cincinnati.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Candela

Ellsworth, ME

#1 Apr 5, 2010
Nice try, Meg. Another stupid stab at the Bible just because it doesn't support your gay agenda. Does anyone remember that there were very small dinosaurs as well as very large ones? And MANY species of animal have become extinct, without us knowing the reasons.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2 Apr 5, 2010
Candela wrote:
Nice try, Meg. Another stupid stab at the Bible just because it doesn't support your gay agenda. Does anyone remember that there were very small dinosaurs as well as very large ones? And MANY species of animal have become extinct, without us knowing the reasons.
Huh?

Of course the Bible supports the "gay agenda". Jesus himself spoke of not judging others, and of the two requirements for getting into heaven. Gay people are denied neither.

The Gay agenda is very simple. We want to be treated exactly as you are, socially and legally. We want our youth to learn in school, unharrassed. We want our families to accept us regardless of physical traits. We want our loved ones to have the same recognition, protection, and support that your loved ones have.

Tell me, what is so wrong about gay folks wanting the same things you do? Is love and security only for those born straight, and to be denied to those born gay?

That's certainly NOT a Christian belief.

“All hail Koromo Amae”

Since: Mar 09

Anywhere Out Of This World

#3 Apr 5, 2010
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
Of course the Bible supports the "gay agenda". Jesus himself spoke of not judging others, and of the two requirements for getting into heaven. Gay people are denied neither.
The Gay agenda is very simple. We want to be treated exactly as you are, socially and legally. We want our youth to learn in school, unharrassed. We want our families to accept us regardless of physical traits. We want our loved ones to have the same recognition, protection, and support that your loved ones have.
Tell me, what is so wrong about gay folks wanting the same things you do? Is love and security only for those born straight, and to be denied to those born gay?
That's certainly NOT a Christian belief.
So true. Cookie.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#4 Apr 5, 2010
Anyone that believes a bible thumper knows anything about science is sadly mistaken.

It is absolute STUPIDITY to think this planet, dinosaurs and the Universe are only 6400 years old!

The article said it... if the bible is wrong about this one thing then we can discount the rest of it.

Nuff said.
Biblical Truth

Westland, MI

#5 Apr 5, 2010
Who You Should Kill

--Unruly or rebellious child. Deut 21:20-21
--Those who curse or hit their parents. Lev 20:9, Ex 21:15
--Worshipers of other gods. Deut 13:6-11
--Psychics, witches. Lev 20:27, Deut 13:6-11, Ex 22:18.
--Those who do not believe in Jesus (parable). Luke 19:27.
--Those who work on the Sabbath. Ex 35:2
--Moses kills a gentile for this. Num 15:32-36.
--Those who are accused by at least two people of wickedness. Deut 17:6.--The children and babies of enemies. Num 31:17, Deut 20:13, Psalm 137:9, Lev 26:29.
--Adulterers. Lev 20:10.
--Homosexuals. Lev 20:13.
--A woman who is not a virgin when married. Deut 22:13-21.
--Those who are careless with murderous livestock. Exodus 21:29.

Who You Should Hate

--Those who eat crab or shrimp. Lev 11:10.
--Those who sacrifice an animal to God that has a blemish. Deut 17:1.
--Those who remarry the same person after divorce. Deut 24:4.
--Homosexuals. Lev 18:22.
--Those who are proud. Prov 16:5.
--A woman who wears pants. Deut 22:5.
--A man with long hair (Jesus?). 1Cor 11:14 contradicts Num 6:5, 1Sam 1:11, Jug 13:5.
--Those who call others fools Mat 5:22

Should we still do this stuff?

--All OT laws still apply in NT. Matt 5:17-19
Candela

Ellsworth, ME

#6 Apr 5, 2010
Denial of reality is not a good thing for people. It is not good for alcoholics or drug addicts, either.
Ron

Westland, MI

#7 Apr 5, 2010
The Bible is "reality"? Then, the previous post - of direct Biblical quotes is REALLY scary!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#8 Apr 5, 2010
Candela wrote:
Nice try, Meg. Another stupid stab at the Bible just because it doesn't support your gay agenda. Does anyone remember that there were very small dinosaurs as well as very large ones? And MANY species of animal have become extinct, without us knowing the reasons.
If an agenda is for equal rights I'm all for it and feel no remorse about it whatsoever. I'll never feel sorry or shameful for wanting to be equal.
Hope

Ellsworth, ME

#9 Apr 5, 2010
Some day our society will see the absolute need to get back to doing what's right for children--providing that male and female role modeling of husband and wife.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#10 Apr 6, 2010
Gay rights will no more affect children than wearing a blue shirt would color blindness.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#11 Apr 6, 2010
Sacgary wrote:
Gay rights will no more affect children than wearing a blue shirt would color blindness.
Not entirely, because it will affect those children who will be gay, and the children of gay couples.

And it will affect them positively.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#12 Apr 6, 2010
What a terribly confused essay.

“All hail Koromo Amae”

Since: Mar 09

Anywhere Out Of This World

#13 Apr 6, 2010
Biblical Truth wrote:
Who You Should Kill
--Unruly or rebellious child. Deut 21:20-21
--Those who curse or hit their parents. Lev 20:9, Ex 21:15
--Worshipers of other gods. Deut 13:6-11
--Psychics, witches. Lev 20:27, Deut 13:6-11, Ex 22:18.
--Those who do not believe in Jesus (parable). Luke 19:27.
--Those who work on the Sabbath. Ex 35:2
--Moses kills a gentile for this. Num 15:32-36.
--Those who are accused by at least two people of wickedness. Deut 17:6.--The children and babies of enemies. Num 31:17, Deut 20:13, Psalm 137:9, Lev 26:29.
--Adulterers. Lev 20:10.
--Homosexuals. Lev 20:13.
--A woman who is not a virgin when married. Deut 22:13-21.
--Those who are careless with murderous livestock. Exodus 21:29.
Who You Should Hate
--Those who eat crab or shrimp. Lev 11:10.
--Those who sacrifice an animal to God that has a blemish. Deut 17:1.
--Those who remarry the same person after divorce. Deut 24:4.
--Homosexuals. Lev 18:22.
--Those who are proud. Prov 16:5.
--A woman who wears pants. Deut 22:5.
--A man with long hair (Jesus?). 1Cor 11:14 contradicts Num 6:5, 1Sam 1:11, Jug 13:5.
--Those who call others fools Mat 5:22
Should we still do this stuff?
--All OT laws still apply in NT. Matt 5:17-19
Believers of other gods and meat-eaters?*Facepalm*

“All hail Koromo Amae”

Since: Mar 09

Anywhere Out Of This World

#14 Apr 6, 2010
And homosexuals? What is wrong with this place?
estanson

Windsor, VT

#15 Apr 6, 2010
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
Of course the Bible supports the "gay agenda". Jesus himself spoke of not judging others, and of the two requirements for getting into heaven. Gay people are denied neither.
The Gay agenda is very simple. We want to be treated exactly as you are, socially and legally. We want our youth to learn in school, unharrassed. We want our families to accept us regardless of physical traits. We want our loved ones to have the same recognition, protection, and support that your loved ones have.
Tell me, what is so wrong about gay folks wanting the same things you do? Is love and security only for those born straight, and to be denied to those born gay?
That's certainly NOT a Christian belief.
I agree with everything you said except one very small difference...
do gays equally have to overcome the differences in the sexes in your daily relationship life?
no.
do you have to equally overcome these differences every day to make for a solid marriage?
no.

then gays get the marriage name and benefits without half the work...

equal pay for equal work!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#16 Apr 6, 2010
Hope wrote:
Some day our society will see the absolute need to get back to doing what's right for children--providing that male and female role modeling of husband and wife.
Aren't children with their straight male/female parents that created them? Gays are not the ones raising these people's children so what is your point? Your argument holds no logic.

Since: Dec 06

Urbana, Illinois

#17 Apr 8, 2010
Sexual orientation and religious beliefs aside...

...every piece of geological evidence indicates that the Earth is an ancient planet with ever-evolving life forms. The fossil record alone makes clear the basic trend of the evolutionary history of the planet.

Ancient rocks hold no life; slightly younger rocks have single-celled life; stromatolitic reefs show up about 2 billion years ago, followed by complex, fairly large life forms 600-550 million years ago.

Then: the Cambrian, with a rapid diversification of shelled life and early vertebrates...

...followed by the evolution of amphibians, then reptiles, then mammals (over the next 300 million years)... and then finally birds.

There is also no evidence of any "Noah's Flood"! The rocks clearly say "no"!

There is not a shred of evidence to support ANYTHING that Ken Ham says...about Dinosaurs or social matters!

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#18 Apr 8, 2010
Candela wrote:
Does anyone remember that there were very small dinosaurs as well as very large ones? And MANY species of animal have become extinct, without us knowing the reasons.
I figured many became extinct because they were butchered and feed to the other meat eating animals on Noah's ark.
ccrider

Owensboro, KY

#19 Apr 17, 2010
Quest wrote:<<<<<
The Gay agenda is very simple. We want to be treated exactly as you are, socially and legally. We want our youth to learn in school, unharrassed. We want our families to accept us regardless of physical traits. We want our loved ones to have the same recognition, protection, and support that your loved ones have.

Tell me, what is so wrong about gay folks wanting the same things you do? Is love and security only for those born straight, and to be denied to those born gay?
>>>>>>>

Homosexuals should be treated fairly and not harrassed. However, they should not be given health benefits in the case where one partner who has health insurance at work is allowed to put their "partner" on their plan with them......a resounding NO to this. Nor should homosexuals be allowed to raise children in a cohabitation environment.

Young men (and perhaps some young women)....heterosexuals......h ave a strong sexual desire for the opposite sex. Does this means it's right to commit fornication? Of course not. Then if people who seem to like people of the same sex (homosexuals), should they be given the free "go ahead" from God, without sin penalty, to commit sexual acts with each other? NO. Both cases are wrong. Self control is the key, along with prayer and trying to only allow pure thoughts come into your minds.
New Clear Waste

Brattleboro, VT

#20 Apr 17, 2010
Every time this subject comes up, the bigots make it clear they're not going to give up without a fight. There's nothing new in these arguments, it's the same thing over & over again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Petersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
End the war Nov 30 Your move 3
News Sen. Rand Paul assaulted at his Kentucky home, ... Nov '17 YouDidntBuildThat 20
Vaske family Nov '17 Betteroff2016 1
Judge Linda Rae Bramlage (Aug '13) Nov '17 Newmommy2017 6
Smoky Mountain Meats Nov '17 Nikkrw 1
Anyone know Brenda Morgan? Oct '17 Pssh 1
Roberta anne williams ( bobbie) Sep '17 Faithfulonce 1

Petersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Petersburg Mortgages