Tear Jerkin

Westerville, OH

#167 Mar 17, 2012
I remember playing on the railroad bridge over the Wabash river. Fun Times.
Little Violet

Lafayette, IN

#168 Apr 17, 2012
I remember my first kiss from a boy named Bobby. Behind a bush at apartments on Ewing Street where I slept on a Murphy bed. Bobby B. was a sweety. Very kind, gentle and madly in love with me.
Connertuckian

Chicago, IL

#169 Apr 19, 2012
I remember riding my bike to Chili. It was a long hot haul.
Tara Blake

Peru, IN

#170 May 13, 2012
Just bought the turn of the century home at 153 East Canal Street and was wondering if anyone has any pictures of East Canal of 3rd, 4th, or 5th block? My mother ,son and myself keep finding old things from the 1800's. We are curious of the history on this house and any old pictures. The house was built in 1890, that is the only information I can find for this house.
woodson

United States

#171 May 16, 2012
Little Violet wrote:
I remember my first kiss from a boy named Bobby. Behind a bush at apartments on Ewing Street where I slept on a Murphy bed. Bobby B. was a sweety. Very kind, gentle and madly in love with me.
here too I miss that town every day,and I too lost my one and true love in that town,I'll never get over her getting over me!!
jughead

Chicago, IL

#172 Jul 8, 2012
St Charles lies in my memory and I had some great times there - except when the Sisters busted my knuckles for being "rude".
Val

Indianapolis, IN

#173 Aug 24, 2012
Little Violet wrote:
I grew up in Peru. I remember going to the Roxy theater to watch 1950's sci-fi movies and having nightmares about them. Going downtown at Christmas time to see Santa in his workshop by the courthouse. The comic book store, where you could trade or buy comics. I remember a rock band called "The Avanti's" , the park and walking across the bridge on a late afternoon seeing the sun reflect on the Wabash, a retired lady circus performer who had traveled all over giving me a bracelet made of pesos. I remember a classmate named Carmen that I envied because she had the most gorgeous thick dark curly hair. I remember this all fondly and lovingly.
My grandfather built Santas house for the community.
Jailer Boy

Chicago, IL

#174 Nov 1, 2012
I remember my dad testing each car he bought by going over the cement bridge and up the hill to the reservoir.
Cathy Breil

Anderson, IN

#175 Apr 23, 2013
kay_56 wrote:
I grew up in Peru,Indiana.I remember me & my 3 best friends live Oakdale near cook Nursery, We aways walking to town shop G.C.Murphy and listen music,smell good stuff candy.1615
I was 15 yrs old,one young boy come up to me kiss my cheek,I know his name..not tell who is..lol!
Have picture I was 15 yrs old sit behind big bell at courthouse...
I remember we want to gas station get a free ticket go Roxy threater,my mom use to work Roxy cleaning job....I help too.
I remember My first fall love 37 yrs ago,my mother warns my life...she kept alots letters from my boyfriend in Marines.
I remember mom always take us to parade Day every year..
I remember work N&W Dormitory I was 16, my aunt Daisy is best cook,I doing dish washing, old man come to me talk and my aunt Daisy had big knife her hand told him leave my niece alone...I was so scared that old man lol...
I remember my boss fired me, because I lie to him I was sick.........reason why I work 2rd on saturday and I want to go YMCA Dance....lol!
So, I hope anyone know who I am...God Bless you All!!
i from Peru , it's my home town . My parents owned the S&J. Cafe & my aunt Melissa still lives there .
Cathy Breil

Anderson, IN

#176 Apr 23, 2013
I was born in 1972 at Dukes Mermorial Hospital. I lived on Tippacanoe street , Ballards House! I had two older sisters named AmyBreil and Bethany Breil. Our parents were Jerry Breil and Sherry Breil they owned the S&J Cafe. My grandparents were Henry(Herman)Breil& LaVonne(0live)Breil and my aunt still lives there Melissa Breil unless someone knows something I don't. I miss the ball park and the circus . I drove through there and it was gone , now some distaste less historic site and it doesn't even represent what it was for us kids!
Cathy Breil

Anderson, IN

#177 Apr 23, 2013
curiosity killed the cat wrote:
i remember that old school building on west second street that someone turned into apartments. does anyone know the history on that place?
was that maquanikwa
Stuckheretoolong

Peru, IN

#178 May 25, 2013
Cletis wrote:
I remember the drive-in restaurant on Main Street that served giant breaeded tenderloin - but can't remember the name. Can anyone help.
Burger Barn? It was on the east end
piano

Euless, TX

#179 Jul 5, 2013
I was born in Peru and live in Texas now. My family is buried in the Chili cemetery. Lincoln Grade School was my elementary school. Mrs. Phillipy was my piano teacher for several years. We were back there about five years ago.
Judy

Jamestown, TN

#180 Jul 16, 2013
Cletis wrote:
I remember the drive-in restaurant on Main Street that served giant breaeded tenderloin - but can't remember the name. Can anyone help.
I believe it was called the Majestic not sure..

Since: Jul 13

Porter, TX

#181 Jul 27, 2013
Born in 1962 at Dukes. Lived right next to the hospital on 12th street. Played in the cemetery all the time. Went ice skating on the pond back there. Sledding on the big hill behind our house with the rest of the town. My brother trying to climb the water tower. Patio restaurant. Mr. Weenie--my sis hit the pole trying to do the drive thru right after getting her license. Miller Pool only 50 cents to get in. My dad was Parade Marshall one year and a rigger in the early 60s. Wooden floors at Murphy's and candy in glass cases. Frosty mugs of root beer at the root beer stand near the ball fields. Penguin Point.
Coffee

Lafayette, IN

#182 Jul 30, 2013
piano wrote:
I was born in Peru and live in Texas now. My family is buried in the Chili cemetery. Lincoln Grade School was my elementary school. Mrs. Phillipy was my piano teacher for several years. We were back there about five years ago.
I remember Mrs. Phillipy and her two white dogs that would greet her piano students at the door. I seem to think that I remember and older gentleman and an older lady who lived in her house on West Second Street. They must have been her or her husbans's parents or relatives. I believe the gentleman's name was Moses.

She had a STAR pupil who had his lessons just before mine. I remember his name to be Phillip. Everything he played was perfect and wonderful.

Thanks for the memory. Please feel free to correct any flaws there may be. It was a long, long time ago.
GinnyLee

Harrisburg, PA

#183 Jul 31, 2013
Best memory of Peru: Being in the circus (on the ladders) when I was 10!! That was when it was still in a big tent by the tennis courts. Also, going to the Lutheran school on 2nd Street until they built the new one on Main when I was in 2nd grade. The old school rocked; that's where I was when they told us JFK was shot. Playing hide-and-seek in the Mt. Hope cemetery. Working at Burger Chef when I was in high school. Sitting in the cockpit of a B52 at Bunker Hill AFB. After I got my license, cruising Broadway from Mr. Weenie to the Marathon gas station. Over and over and over again. Graduating PHS in 1974 in the old high school's gym, because the new one wasn't big enough.
Barry

Peru, IN

#184 Nov 4, 2013
Remember sloppy Joe sandwich Peters drug store oh so good
Barry

Peru, IN

#185 Nov 4, 2013
Do you remember sloppy Joe sandwich at Peters drugs
Barry

Peru, IN

#186 Nov 4, 2013
jklemer wrote:
Born in 1962 at Dukes. Lived right next to the hospital on 12th street. Played in the cemetery all the time. Went ice skating on the pond back there. Sledding on the big hill behind our house with the rest of the town. My brother trying to climb the water tower. Patio restaurant. Mr. Weenie--my sis hit the pole trying to do the drive thru right after getting her license. Miller Pool only 50 cents to get in. My dad was Parade Marshall one year and a rigger in the early 60s. Wooden floors at Murphy's and candy in glass cases. Frosty mugs of root beer at the root beer stand near the ball fields. Penguiokn Point.
not too many remember Penguin Point

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peru Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) Sep 19 party loyalty 98
Peru, Indiana has an Aggressive Police Problem. (Apr '10) Aug '14 hillbilly 65
.....sooooooo..beauooootiful... Aug '14 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
miami correctional center bunker hill indiana (Nov '08) Jul '14 brwiley55 40
Young America Music Thread Jul '14 Musikologist 1
Police say Indiana man beat tied-up teenager Jul '14 vigilante 2
IN IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) Jun '14 Go Blue Forever 1,302
Peru Dating
Find my Match

Peru Jobs

Peru People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Peru News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Peru

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]