Things You Can Remember About Peru
Harlan

Schaumburg, IL

#106 Sep 29, 2009
4Logan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're going to post with several names, at least change you pathetic rhetoric....okay, Harlan?
You're just jealous 'cause you're only one person and a pathetic one at that!! Lighten up, know-it-all!!

Since: Jul 08

TROLL THIS !!!

#107 Sep 30, 2009
At least you didn't call me a "triangle headed teller".(((Whew! dodged that bullet))
Jason

Alsip, IL

#108 Nov 30, 2009
not from the hollar wrote:
<quoted text>
that might have been before my time but..
I do remember busta's bakery ( derosier's now I think)having great donuts. i remember cruising from hardee's to mcclures except if its daytime then you cruise the park. I loved circus city days. I remember tony lancaster trying to rn over my pet possum! i loved watching jared frank and ceth chittum mow yards in the summer with their shirts off lol.
And I thought I was the only one who ever had a pet oppossum..LOL..
But about remembering. I remember when you could leave your door unlocked even when you was out and not haveing to worry if your stuff would be gone when you got back. I remember when if someone had a few to many to drink and was walking home the cops would give them a ride home not to jail..I remember when Peru was a proud town where you could raise your kids and not worry about what drug they where on.I remember when I was proud to say I was born and lived in PERU IN.
visitor

Shepherdsville, KY

#109 Jan 14, 2010
i went to peru several times we thought about moving there and all i saw was hose, hose, hose, on every corner especially allover arrowhead apts my my i decided to stay put
santa

Dallas, TX

#111 Feb 8, 2010
no
Harley-Moon-Ride r

Albuquerque, NM

#112 Mar 20, 2010
blkft9166 wrote:
I can remember the wonderful smells of hot cashews and all the candies at G.C. Murphy's. And going to the roxy theater and what about the Jupiter 5&10 . Or riding the elevator at Singers dry goods . The lunch specials at Marty's cafe and the last for this note The golden Flash..
I remember the elevator also in the old singer dry goods. My grandmother worked there. I haven't been to Peru in 28 years. Really miss where I grew up. Always wonder if any people I grew up with or went to school with were still around. I can also remember the old movie theater.$1.00 I got and it took 5 or 10 cents to get in and the other 90-95 cents bought me alot of candy,soda,and popcorn.Back then it made me feel rich.
Harley-Moon-Ride r

Albuquerque, NM

#113 Mar 20, 2010
blkft9166 wrote:
well memory lane is working so well .. Late night coffee,and hot meals at either the truck stop on the west end or rutgers out east on old 24 or last but not least the R.R. dormitory resturant...more next time
the R.R. dormitory resturant.. went every saturday. always looked forward to going there.
Harley-Moon-Ride r

Albuquerque, NM

#114 Mar 20, 2010
Sue Kitner wrote:
Obama is the best thing that has happened to the USA in many years. Now he has to straighten all of Bush's screwups up. What a job, but he can do
it with our help.
I may be mistaken but Sue I believe you know my Mother. Your name seems so fimilar to me when my mother & I use to talk about old days in Peru. Maybe we can email each other. [email protected] I can also be found on Myspace
EX Peru Resident

Ashland, KY

#115 Mar 27, 2010
Blane wrote:
I remember when Peru have jobs and places to go to.
YOU DO!!! Peru is a black hole, No jobs, No money,No future, NO LIFE, shit town with nothing to look forward to but a beer on Saturday and church on Sunday.Thank God i got the hell outta there a long time ago!!! Life is good on the outside!!!
EX Peru Resident

Ashland, KY

#116 Mar 27, 2010
visitor wrote:
i went to peru several times we thought about moving there and all i saw was hose, hose, hose, on every corner especially allover arrowhead apts my my i decided to stay put
Damn you made the right decision, you almost got sucked into a BLACK HOLE!!!
Agar

Carrollton, TX

#117 Mar 29, 2010
I am guessing Peru is glad you left too.
worried

Clarksville, TN

#118 Mar 29, 2010
peru, indiana ....is still a good town....it is not the town that has changed but the people that live there....People make the laws , they rule the roost so if PERU is turning into a ghost town then it is the people's fault...
cook

United States

#119 Mar 30, 2010
i remember when cops werent around every corner.

Franklin, TN

#120 Apr 27, 2010
visitor wrote:
Man I didn't know they made a hose long enough to reach every corner
eeh

AOL

#121 Jun 14, 2010
The school on 2nd Street was the original Lutheran School. I would have to reseach info on the origin. After it became apartments, the landlord did not keep it up. People were living there in squalor without windows, etc. The city took it over when the taxes weren't paid and mowed it down. There's a lovely lawn in it's place for the neighbors to enjoy.
eeh

AOL

#122 Jun 14, 2010
Jimmy Caldwell wrote:
Remember the shootout on the East end near the cement bridge and just behind the tavern. I heard the police fired over 1000 bullets and finally burned the house down.
Must've been two identical situations in town. In the 70's, Linzie Mallard was trapped by the police in a house on W. Canal. Lotsa bullets then too. After State Trooper Glen Hosier went in and got shot and killed going up the stairway, they burned the house down. Picture on the front page of the Tribune showed Linzie's charred body sitting in the window. He was wanted because he had beaten up his girlfriend in the parking lot of the Hi-De-Ho by the tracks at Tippecanoe. Remember that place?
eeh

AOL

#123 Jun 14, 2010
Jasper wrote:
How about Smitty's hamburger place on east main or the frozen custard place on the west end....or the drive-in restaurant that sold the giant breaded tenderloins in the west end of town where the motel is now.
That was the Snack Harbor. It was out in front of the motel. I can still smell it.
eeh

AOL

#124 Jun 14, 2010
Georgie wrote:
I remember the railroad hospital and the boarded up mansion that was next to it. My cousin and I went in it one day and all the furniture was covered with sheets and there was a black cat that was not only dead but turned inside out. Scared the crap of of a couple of 12 year old boys.
The boarded up house belonged to the Bearss family that owned the hotel.
Bob Bruck

AOL

#125 Jun 14, 2010
I remember breaded tenderloins and spanish hot dogs and drive-in movies and my graduating class of 1958.
micki

United States

#126 Jun 14, 2010
Remember: Ritz and wallace theatres? Snack Harbor before the Car Hop - now motel? Bakery down from the Wallace theatre-best cream horns in the world. How about the Candy Kitchen on Broadway? Veaches Drug Store? Boston Dept. STore? Old Post Office building? Locker Plant and the Ice house on 8th st. I think? How about the C & O Railroad? The Bearass Hotel?-now the Police station. Stegmans and Halls clothing store for men? Baizleys meat market (sp) on Broadway and of course the A&P. tHE ELECTRIC BUS/TROLLEY? The carnival grounds where the Jr. High is now? Fishers market (Scotty)? Rainbow Bar? The two lumber yards that are no more? The old YMCA and the Farmers Market? Mavricks is gone now....new owners going in...not sure about name change? Devines cafeteria? The Modern Dairy? Lots more....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peru Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 25-year-old sentenced for sex with 14-year-old Oct 9 ICE 1
Young America Music Thread (Jul '14) Sep 27 Musikologist 6
News Wabash woman charged after 6-week-old tests pos... Sep 19 resident 1
Monster Under My Bed LA Pop Art Culture Studio ... Sep '17 Honey badger 3
KISS concert 10/31/1974 Peru Indiana Sep '17 Dan Mongosa 2
News US, Mexico at odds over deportation as top offi... (Feb '17) Aug '17 Criollos R Racists 20
miami correctional center bunker hill indiana (Nov '08) Jul '17 Anonymous 59

Peru Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peru Mortgages