10 illegal immigrants found in Peru t...

10 illegal immigrants found in Peru traffic stop

There are 71 comments on the WTHI-TV Terre Haute story from Jan 30, 2008, titled 10 illegal immigrants found in Peru traffic stop. In it, WTHI-TV Terre Haute reports that:

Police in north-central Illinois discovered ten illegal immigrants during a traffic stop in Peru. via WTHI-TV Terre Haute

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTHI-TV Terre Haute.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Tom Driscoll

Rockport, ME

#61 May 31, 2010
If people would only understand that all our freedoms and liberties are still here and that We the People are the Masters and demand and seat dejure governorship back into office and demand with whatever non-violent force necessary that those that don't belong here to go back home, by force if necessary, we would begin to see a new day arisen, not "change" forced upon us by a corrupted government ie;'corporation acting as government'.
Tom Driscoll

Rockport, ME

#62 May 31, 2010
Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.'
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Every American citizen needs to read this!
Tom Driscoll

Rockport, ME

#63 May 31, 2010
gzeena wrote:
<quoted text>
Your people? Illegals are not wanted here. Illegals are not needed here. It doesn't matter what "your people" want. "Your people" will be set free when they go home.

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.'
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Tom Driscoll

Rockport, ME

#64 May 31, 2010
have the anti border security politicians cross over the Mexican border at night without a proper passport and see what happens to them. I wonder what the history would have been if there was proper border security at the time of the attack on "The Alamo". The only thing I see that we get from Mexico is a lot of B--- S---, Drugs, and illegals. Do we really want this Crap?????We WANT OUR BORDERS PROTECTED.

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Just So You Know

United States

#65 Jun 9, 2010
Illegals only come here to take advantage of the American companies that refuse to pay real Americans a living wage. Illegals will work for $7.00 and hour because they live 20 to a house. Whereas a single American family cannot afford to rise kids on that little of money. Also, horrible stores like WALMARTS that will fire you for trying to unionize so that the workers can make a living wage and have rights have opened the door for other companies to do the same. The places that used to pay decent union scale wages are all paying crap and the illegals are taking those jobs. You have to blame the greedy American companies that are hiring these illegals. It's basic econ Supply & Demand.
Ex Soldier

Raleigh, NC

#66 Oct 21, 2010
I have no problems with people coming to the United States legally. On the contrary, I think if that is descision you have made and a risk you are willing to take, that is admirable. However many opinions here are correct. Illegals cause a great deal of stress and cost on our infrastructure and taxpayers. I do not appreciate my children being stuffed into classrooms with a higher student teacher ratio due to people that are not paying taxes. Or recieving higher medical bills since the hospitals have to right off so much bad debt. This is the good side of it. Let's talk about our prison system, stress on law enforcement, litter, and lack of appreciation toward our natural assets. Every time I go to the park I see a group of south Americans littering. A general disregard to our natural beauty. They use and abuse it and pay nothing for it.

I would like to make 1 general comment. The term hispanic. I hate that term. This started with Nixon and has been a badge of dishonor ever since. South and Central Americans have very little to do with the European Spanish. They have less that 10% European ancestory. When Cortez's men decided thy could not withstand many months at see they unfortunately raped the Incas and Mayans. THis is the group that is causing our problems. Please do not confuse them with our partners in Puerto Rico, Spain and Cuba. It's a disgrace.
RoJ

Cork, Ireland

#67 Mar 4, 2011
please Native Amer German Irish, what would your ancestors think about your comments? like millions of people who are half american and half from other nationalities.
hunnybunny

Fort Wayne, IN

#68 May 18, 2011
that ain't shit the mexican restaurants out in peru r harboring illegals! they dont care they r running drugs outta all of em too! i called immigration a couple times! so glad i dont live there!!
Coffee

Rockford, IL

#69 May 18, 2011
What happened to:

"Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" ~
Emma Lazarus

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#70 Jan 17, 2012
10 is a small number compared to the increase in illegal immigration we be seeing after Dean Baldwin Painting opens their new hangar in the Grissom air base. They have a history of hiring illegal immigrants in Roswell, NM and they might bring them along. Plus that will attract more illegals to provide services for them and sell them goods! Not a smart move on the Miami Economic Development Agency!
freds mom

Bloomington, IN

#71 Jan 17, 2012
i told fred to stay outa that truck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peru Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State House in Indiana (... (Oct '10) 20 hr anyname 7
sexual abuse hidden by the hall Tue hiddeninside 1
miami correctional center bunker hill indiana (Nov '08) Mar 9 Abby 57
michael sharp (Aug '12) Mar 6 doggle, 6
News US, Mexico at odds over deportation as top offi... Feb '17 Texxy the Selfie Cat 19
Will Runkel Feb '17 Matthew Roberts 1
Tiger sports Feb '17 Shanin 1

Peru Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peru Mortgages