The new movie place

“Packers rules”

Since: Mar 09

Packers land

#1 Jun 13, 2011
Peru going to get a New Movie Place in April going to have 5 movies at one time. Its a good start.
peru home

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jun 15, 2011
Noone can afford to go there. We want jobs!! not over priced movies! we liked our old one!
Coffee

Romeoville, IL

#3 Jun 16, 2011
peru home wrote:
Noone can afford to go there. We want jobs!! not over priced movies! we liked our old one!
A good number of people who live in Peru work in nearby towns or create their own jobs by using their talented skills.

If you really want a job then polish yourself up, pick up your resume and get on your way to apply. There are jobs listed here:

https://www.indianacareerconnect.com/
agree

Logansport, IN

#4 Jun 17, 2011
speak for yourself peru home. I live by Logansport and thier movie theater sucks and have to drive clear to kokomo to see a movie in a theater that is rated more than G /PG with only 2 movies showing at a time. And I know a lot of other people that also go to Tippecanoe area's movie theater.Peru is a lot closer.So you will be getting out of towners like Kokomo and Lafyette.Me going with a friend spend 20 bucks on movie popcorn soda.That is good for the economy
agree

Logansport, IN

#5 Jun 17, 2011
edit the out of towners that go to Kokomo and Lafayette will be going to Peru

“Packers rules”

Packers land

#6 Jun 20, 2011
peru home wrote:
I agree with the old one but its gone and we need one real bad just sick of going to Kokomo to watch a movie.
peru is a bad place

United States

#7 Jun 21, 2011
How many Businesses
are now owned here in Peru By COPS? This is yet another one. WOW cops are really raking it in in these days!We may live in a free country, but Peru, IN is like a little world of it's own. We are under totalitarian rule here. We get movies because they say so. We can't have a walmart or jobs because they say so. When Chrystler tries to build here they say no way! They keep us right where they want us. I choose to shop out of town I can't stand the thought of funding my oppressors. I will move before the end of the year! It's just hard to come up with the cash because of my bills and very little pay. They are working hard to keep people where they want em! I will overcome!!!
Logan boy

Logansport, IN

#8 Jun 24, 2011
I think Peru is really lucky to have people in their community like the VanBaalens. Van Baalen had the choice to locate the theater in Logansport, and he chose to support his home town instead...even-though he would have undoubtedly made more money in Logansport. Be grateful to have a few extra local jobs, and a new theater, and stop bitching.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#9 Jul 10, 2011
agree wrote:
speak for yourself peru home. I live by Logansport and thier movie theater sucks and have to drive clear to kokomo to see a movie in a theater that is rated more than G /PG with only 2 movies showing at a time. And I know a lot of other people that also go to Tippecanoe area's movie theater.Peru is a lot closer.So you will be getting out of towners like Kokomo and Lafyette.Me going with a friend spend 20 bucks on movie popcorn soda.That is good for the economy
Just curious. why do you say it sucks? how would you like to see it changed?
to violet

Logansport, IN

#10 Jul 14, 2011
The cinema only shows Rated G or PG movies. Most young adults like Rated R movies.We are the ones who like to go to the movies besides parents taking elementary children.Besides while we go out of town to see our movies on Friday or Saturday night we go to the tippecanoe mall or to the Markland mall before the show starts and grab a bite to eat while we are out of town.Then we come back to Logansport after the 9:00 or 10:00 pm movie and stop in for a beer at the Old Style before finishing the evening.This is how the majority the crowd does it.
How it could be changed is show movies that cater to our age group on the weekend. Maybe show kids movies on sunday only or during the week.The cinema is cool looking.ITs just that the movies they show are stupid.I even like the old fashioned look is pretty cool and their popcorn is the best,but we are not going to pay just for popcorn and sit in there with a bunch of babies and watch cartoons.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11 Jul 16, 2011
to violet wrote:
The cinema only shows Rated G or PG movies. Most young adults like Rated R movies.We are the ones who like to go to the movies besides parents taking elementary children.Besides while we go out of town to see our movies on Friday or Saturday night we go to the tippecanoe mall or to the Markland mall before the show starts and grab a bite to eat while we are out of town.Then we come back to Logansport after the 9:00 or 10:00 pm movie and stop in for a beer at the Old Style before finishing the evening.This is how the majority the crowd does it.
How it could be changed is show movies that cater to our age group on the weekend. Maybe show kids movies on sunday only or during the week.The cinema is cool looking.ITs just that the movies they show are stupid.I even like the old fashioned look is pretty cool and
their popcorn is the best,but we are not going to pay just for popcorn and sit in there with a bunch of babies and watch cartoons.
thanks! just curious. you have some good ideas. i love the theater but notice that attendance could be better, which was curious to me since it is the only theater in town. what about the drive-in? do you ever go? if not why? and what would give you incentive to go?

“Packers rules”

Packers land

#12 Jul 16, 2011
to violet wrote:
How it could be changed is show movies that cater to our age group on the weekend. Maybe show kids movies on sunday only or during the week.The cinema is cool looking.ITs just that the movies they show are stupid.I even like the old fashioned look is pretty cool and their popcorn is the best,but we are not going to pay just for popcorn and sit in there with a bunch of babies and watch cartoons.
I notice that too the last movie place I think they close down because they show mostly kids show and no one was going to it anymore because really come on who want to watch cartoons over and over again.
TO VIOLET

Logansport, IN

#13 Jul 17, 2011
Hello violet. The drive-in shows the same childrens shows. It is the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peru Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Things You Can Remember About Peru (Apr '08) Feb 4 Deadwood Dick 201
Star,, Dec '17 Satans Church arr... 2
Monster Under My Bed LA Pop Art Culture Studio ... (Aug '17) Nov '17 Lady GAGA 6
News 25-year-old sentenced for sex with 14-year-old Oct '17 ICE 1
Young America Music Thread (Jul '14) Sep '17 Musikologist 6
News Wabash woman charged after 6-week-old tests pos... Sep '17 resident 1
KISS concert 10/31/1974 Peru Indiana (May '17) Sep '17 Dan Mongosa 2

Peru Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Peru Mortgages