Parts of Old Bridge, Sayreville, Monr...

Parts of Old Bridge, Sayreville, Monroe Township still without power: JCP&L

There are 10 comments on the The Jersey Journal story from Nov 5, 2012, titled Parts of Old Bridge, Sayreville, Monroe Township still without power: JCP&L. In it, The Jersey Journal reports that:

But more than 55,000 of the utility company's customers living in the county remain without power, according to numbers posted by the utility company this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Jersey Journal.

lcd

New York, NY

#1 Nov 5, 2012
7 days no power. Haven't seen one JCP&L TRUCK. NO HEAT NO FOOD NO LIGHT How much longerror do we have to wait
NJGuy

Naperville, IL

#2 Nov 5, 2012
Same here.

What are those JCP&L people doing??

The storm was bad, but luckilly not devastating in our area (Old Bridge). We don't have any destroyed or semi-destroyed homes.

How can it be that just a few trees were downed but the electric grid is soooooo damaged.

Is someone from FEMA looking over them to make sure they're not just jerking around???

(I assume that the line folks are working their butts off around the clock. It's the management jerks that are responsible for this mess!!!)
Jackoftrades

Bronx, NY

#3 Nov 5, 2012
I know nothing about electricity, yet I could do better than JCP&L!!!!!
Jason

Ridgewood, NY

#4 Nov 5, 2012
Hoe long till main st town homes gets power?
Chris

Jersey City, NJ

#5 Nov 6, 2012
How much longer for Main St townhomes for power restoration????? The lights flickered 2 days in a row...
Tom

New York, NY

#6 Nov 6, 2012
I just called JCP&L and asked to be reimbursed for the food I have thrown out and purchased. Not happening!!! 8 days without power in old bridge, half the township has no power and our mayor is clueless !!!
OB Reader

Hazlet, NJ

#7 Nov 6, 2012
JCP&L already dropped the ball last year with Hurricane Irene. They're dropping the ball again now.

I hope that after all this passes, they are held accountable for this lousy job with the recovery.

We can't afford to be at the mercy of the power company for days every time there is a major storm!
Skizots

Old Bridge, NJ

#8 Nov 9, 2012
Just received my JCP&L bill in the mail late, & it's already past due. I'm not hurrying to pay it.
OB Reader

Hazlet, NJ

#9 Nov 9, 2012
Skizots wrote:
Just received my JCP&L bill in the mail late, & it's already past due. I'm not hurrying to pay it.
Careful -- I'll bet that despite all their problems with restoring service, when it comes to going after delinquent payers, they are extremely efficient with follow-ups and penalties.

I hope that the PUB will take an extremely close look at them after all this blows over!
Skizots

Old Bridge, NJ

#10 Nov 10, 2012
Thanks for the warning, "OB Reader". We'll just see what happens! Take care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Perth Amboy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drugs in Amboy Aug 26 Mike delude 1
Steer Inn on Route 9 Aug 26 Dennis in Dallas 1
Wakefern/SjhopRite to acquire dozens of A&P/Pat... Aug 24 WAKEFERN Food Cor... 1
Looking 4 Aug 20 Mike delude 1
Trying to find an old friend of mine Aug 19 Mike delude 5
Empire Auto Financing Aug 14 Test 2
Any gay teens anywhere in NJ? (Sep '14) Jul '15 Sean 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Perth Amboy Mortgages