First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Man vs Food

Florissant, MO

#1 Sep 1, 2012
Shopping at Alps, You sure gotta watch your receipt. They over charged me on a few things. It was no biggie,but the cashier didn't even apologize whenever it was his own fault. Oh well..........I'll remember him. Life's a bitch,then you die!
Haha

Euless, TX

#2 Sep 2, 2012
Yeah, I shop there all the time. Never been overcharged. Friendly people. When there is a long line, they open another register (hint hint Walmart). They have reasonable prices. They never have their aisles blocked with pallets of stock (another hint hint Walmart). Sorry you had one bad experience. No reason to down the whole store because of one bad experience that you yourself said was no biggie.
alps

United States

#3 Sep 2, 2012
They overcharge a lot and the old ladies with checks take forever........ I always wait longer in alps then I do @ walmart alps has good meat but everything else is pretty much overpriced way too many times have I come in there and waited in the only line that was open just to watch the owner or whoever chit chat in the corner
Jumping juniper

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Sep 2, 2012
Alps is way over priced on alot. You just have to watch and compare to other places.
Hello

United States

#5 Sep 2, 2012
Haha wrote:
Yeah, I shop there all the time. Never been overcharged. Friendly people. When there is a long line, they open another register (hint hint Walmart). They have reasonable prices. They never have their aisles blocked with pallets of stock (another hint hint Walmart). Sorry you had one bad experience. No reason to down the whole store because of one bad experience that you yourself said was no biggie.
Read your last sentence. And think of Walmart!!
sam

United States

#6 Sep 2, 2012
Ig u just gotta keep an eye out
Haha

United States

#7 Sep 2, 2012
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Read your last sentence. And think of Walmart!!
What about it? Why would I want to think of Walmart? I can't possibly begin to count the number of bad experiences I've had there, from waiting in lines that are backed up past jewelry, some rude employees, aisles always blocked. And Alps may not be low on all their prices, but I can assure you, Walmart is the king of overpricing!
Flips off mexicans

Florissant, MO

#8 Sep 2, 2012
Haha wrote:
<quoted text>
What about it? Why would I want to think of Walmart? I can't possibly begin to count the number of bad experiences I've had there, from waiting in lines that are backed up past jewelry, some rude employees, aisles always blocked. And Alps may not be low on all their prices, but I can assure you, Walmart is the king of overpricing!
Your last sentence is major 100% right!
John

United States

#9 Sep 3, 2012
Man vs Food,
I am sorry you had a bad experiance at my store "ALPS". Believe me when I say that I try very hard to make sure all of our signs match the price in the registers, but I do miss some and make some mistakes. I have tried over the last 28 years of being in business here in Perryville to run the best possible discount store that I could. Sometimes we make mistakes and are glad to own up to our mistakes and do what we have to do to fix each mistake. We have made pricing mistakes the other way also, don't you wish you would have been the lucky person that found the package of 4 pork steaks for 81 cents on Saturday. Yea he was a happy shopper! Just to let you know starting tommorow we will double check every price in the store over the next 2 weeks (yea it will take that long) to make sure each price on shelf matches that in the register. Please accept our appolgy and we hope you shop with us again.
Jake Anderson

Lees Summit, MO

#10 Sep 3, 2012
Man vs Food wrote:
Shopping at Alps, You sure gotta watch your receipt. They over charged me on a few things. It was no biggie,but the cashier didn't even apologize whenever it was his own fault. Oh well..........I'll remember him. Life's a bitch,then you die!
The way you whine and slobber over something so minor you name should be Cry Baby vs Gerber not man vs food.Damn will somebody please give this cry baby a warm bottle so he will STFU and stop slobbering all over the place? Im Jake Anderson and i approve this message!!!
Teresa

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Sep 4, 2012
The store is dirty and there are flies in the meat case. I even saw a fly in a pack of chicken one time, pretty gross.
OMFG

Bellevue, WA

#13 Sep 5, 2012
YOU are warped!!! Alps has the VERY BEST meat in this town, unless you want to go to Stonie's or M&M and pay $2.00 per pound more for ribeyes, for example. Also, just check Rozier's "Always Save" brand prices. The exact same product found at Alps and ALWAYS 10 to 25 cents more per item. And don't even get me started about Wal-Mart. Stand your ass in line behind those peeps with ads from all the other stores PRICE MATCHING because EVERYTHING in that place is overpriced. Buy their prepackaged meat that comes in on some truck from who the hell knows where. I proudly shop Alps for every item I can get there and go to "WALLY WORLD" only when I have to have something John doesn't carry. Thank you John and crew for your excellent prices and friendly service!
gmcfan1976

Saint Charles, MO

#14 Sep 5, 2012
John wrote:
Man vs Food,
I am sorry you had a bad experiance at my store "ALPS". Believe me when I say that I try very hard to make sure all of our signs match the price in the registers, but I do miss some and make some mistakes. I have tried over the last 28 years of being in business here in Perryville to run the best possible discount store that I could. Sometimes we make mistakes and are glad to own up to our mistakes and do what we have to do to fix each mistake. We have made pricing mistakes the other way also, don't you wish you would have been the lucky person that found the package of 4 pork steaks for 81 cents on Saturday. Yea he was a happy shopper! Just to let you know starting tommorow we will double check every price in the store over the next 2 weeks (yea it will take that long) to make sure each price on shelf matches that in the register. Please accept our appolgy and we hope you shop with us again.
John your a good man and I like your store. Thanks for providing competition in perryville
John

United States

#15 Sep 5, 2012
OMFG wrote:
YOU are warped!!! Alps has the VERY BEST meat in this town, unless you want to go to Stonie's or M&M and pay $2.00 per pound more for ribeyes, for example. Also, just check Rozier's "Always Save" brand prices. The exact same product found at Alps and ALWAYS 10 to 25 cents more per item. And don't even get me started about Wal-Mart. Stand your ass in line behind those peeps with ads from all the other stores PRICE MATCHING because EVERYTHING in that place is overpriced. Buy their prepackaged meat that comes in on some truck from who the hell knows where. I proudly shop Alps for every item I can get there and go to "WALLY WORLD" only when I have to have something John doesn't carry. Thank you John and crew for your excellent prices and friendly service!
Thanks for the support!
John

United States

#16 Sep 5, 2012
gmcfan1976 wrote:
<quoted text>
John your a good man and I like your store. Thanks for providing competition in perryville
Thanks for the support!
Just me

United States

#17 Sep 5, 2012
This makes me wish I could stop at ALPS more often.. I really only go there to buy meat. I never shop at roziers (for food that is). I never had all the bad things people complain about happen to me at walmart, but walmart is close to me which is why I shop there. The things I normally buy, excluding meat, cost more at alps than it does at walmart. Not dissing alps, just I shop primarily at walmart out of convenience. Anyone dissing their meat though is crazy. Can't beat it for the price at all! Only place in town to buy meat in my opinion.
OMFG

Bellevue, WA

#18 Sep 5, 2012
I will tell you EXACTLY why I "dis" their meat. THERE IS NO DOUBT ABOUT IT - Go buy ONE POUND of ground beef at Wal-Mart (oops, can u buy it by the pound? And if so, is it priced MORE than a THREE pound package). It is very RED from the dye added to ALL their beef.(makes is look super fresh though). Cook it and check it out as compared to ONE pound of ALPS 80% lean ground beef. Then TASTE it! YOU MUST HAVE A PALLET FOR SPAM and POTTED MEAT if you think that meat COMPARES to John's. Buy a package of beef tips from both places and just place one piece from each in your mouth RAW. You can taste the preservatives and dye in Wal-Mart's meat. I eat all my beef extremely rare, cool in the middle, which makes it very easy to taste anything other than the meat. The chicken is always fresh and priced reasonable. I don't eat pork, but it's never fatty and the family never complains. Trust me Wal-Mart is not the place to shop for FOOD. It's worth the 2 mile drive to save 15 or 20 bux on 100. And it sure is nice to have them hand cut a couple ribeyes an inch thick for you when you want them.
Haha

United States

#19 Sep 6, 2012
You should try Alps pork patties if you haven't yet. They have, hands down, the best meat at Alps with a much more affordable price. But you can always go to Walmart and buy your prepackaged ground beef in a roll, if you prefer.
OMFG

Bellevue, WA

#20 Sep 6, 2012
Haha wrote:
You should try Alps pork patties if you haven't yet. They have, hands down, the best meat at Alps with a much more affordable price. But you can always go to Walmart and buy your prepackaged ground beef in a roll, if you prefer.
NO SHIT! And find a way to DEGREASE it after you cook it unless you are one of those cooks that thinks a MEATLOAF consists mainly of some sort of bread/cracker. I forgot to mention that fact in my prior post.
Neighbor

United States

#21 Sep 13, 2012
Thank's John for providing great brats, burgers, and pork steaks!! Love ALPS meats!! Don't pay any attention to the peeps trashing your store! They can shop at Walmart or Roziers!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Perryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Twitter 3 hr TripleNegative 40
Note to Jobob, aka TripleNegativeLite 3 hr TripleNegative 86
Psycho-Bob 8 hr TripleNegative 2
anyone interested in forming a group of people ... (Apr '12) 8 hr TripleNegative 39
Negro 8 hr TripleNegative 17
many thanks 9 hr TripleNegative 51
why are there no good single men in Perryville (Nov '08) Sat Anotherone 189
Perryville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Perryville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:06 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:06AM
Ranking Re-Sign Priorities for Chiefs
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 5:32 AM
Eric Berry "in good spirits" during visit from Chiefs brass
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?