IS IT JUST ME OR WHAT

United States

#1 Jun 24, 2012
on june 19-2012 joe martin entered rhodes store and told the girl working that if they did not remove
the sign out front of there store that was advertising EVANS FIRE WORKS today that the next day
the city would fine them $500.00 a day every day until sign was removed.so i charles evans owner of evans fireworks went to his office and asked him about this and he said that this is a law made by the city.
and he his wright but what he failed to to tell her that they had ten days from the day that he had notifide rhodes well when i asked him about how that wright across the 55 bridge that another fireworks stand had been putting there sign up for years and i had not ever heard of them being told to remove there sign he. said well when ever they put there sign up he has to give notice to them and then they have ten days to move the sign and by that time the 4th is over and the sign has been removed .it just goes to show its who u no in this town.
i guess i'm just a small time guy who dont get a ten day notice.
Thanks, from Evans and Sons Heating and Cooling and fireworks we are depending on your word!about us!
Like ยท

“Got Logic?”

Since: Nov 08

Perryville

#2 Jun 24, 2012
That sucks Chuck. I mean Hoffman is a good guy but it's pretty crappy that you hafta take your sign down.
yeah

United States

#3 Jun 24, 2012
Corruption! This town is full of it!
IS IT JUST ME OR WHAT

United States

#4 Jun 25, 2012
i have nothing against hoffman think he's a good guy.its just funny that there is alot of other signs in perryville city limits that are not having any problems i just felt that i have been singled out. but thats ok just keep watching around town my sign is being seen all over the place please post if u see it. remember on july 1st fire3works show at 9pm free hotdogs free $100.00 give-a-way in fireworks ken's sound system will be playing!!!!!! bring ur chairs and the kids its going to be a great time 3121 south 51 perryville mo 63775 1.5 miles south of wal-mart!!!
Kenny

Tickfaw, LA

#5 Jun 25, 2012
Making sure the word gets out Chuck. We will be there and only buy firework's at your stand. Sounds like it's not who you know, but who you blow!!!! Sorry! Joe you can't keep a good man down.
Kenny

Tickfaw, LA

#6 Jun 25, 2012
Oh, and I see your sign all over town!
city double standards

United States

#7 Jun 26, 2012
When you buy from dominos they send you out the door with a hoffman flyer

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#8 Jun 26, 2012
sorry evans i support you and even tho i know rick hoffman i never bye from the because who wants to drive down the outer road? ill be blasting support for u on fb and around town to friends and family. i know that u just came to the firework sceen but its unfair that they will discriminate against your stand just cuz someones else gets there panties in a bunch good luck to your stand and on the fireworks this 1st.
1 nonblonde

Farmington, MO

#9 Jun 26, 2012
CountryBabe23 wrote:
sorry evans i support you and even tho i know rick hoffman i never bye from the because who wants to drive down the outer road? ill be blasting support for u on fb and around town to friends and family. i know that u just came to the firework sceen but its unfair that they will discriminate against your stand just cuz someones else gets there panties in a bunch good luck to your stand and on the fireworks this 1st.
Pretty sure it's Dave Hoffman on the outer road and not Rick Hoffman. As far as the city goes doesn't everyone know it's all about your last name in this town, always has been probably always will be.

Location hidden

#10 Jun 26, 2012
again ur wrong he runs hoffman fireworks i think i know cuz he use to be a pricipal at my middle school his name is RICHARD HOFFMAN runs firework shop out around the airport exit in cape his name is rick. He puts up stand in perryville on the outer road in jackson and in cape along with other areas.
sorry

Jackson, MO

#11 Jun 26, 2012
it is dave i use to work the stand

Location hidden

#12 Jun 26, 2012
and again its ownwed by rick hoffman as in hoffman family fireworks. So just cuz its dave u worked for does not mean he owns it. Its owned by rick hoffman of hoffman family fireworks.

“Got Logic?”

Since: Nov 08

Perryville

#13 Jun 26, 2012
After the deal with the city workers getting canned for no reason, I question the motives of the people who run this town anyway.
goodolddays

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Jun 26, 2012
I came to Perry county mo in 1963 and I still have problems. I guess I don't have the right last name either. I think it's sad that in this town not everyone gets an equal opportunity
amer

Imperial, MO

#15 Jun 27, 2012
goodolddays wrote:
I came to Perry county mo in 1963 and I still have problems. I guess I don't have the right last name either. I think it's sad that in this town not everyone gets an equal opportunity
you are so right. a person has to have the right name in this town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Perryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
should it be public knowledge ? 13 hr Info 4 you 9
disgusted with local newspaper 15 hr bobbie 3
505 club 16 hr Shawn Schmidt 4
Stealing 16 hr Shawn Schmidt 33
China Buffet 16 hr Shawn Schmidt 15
Chelsea Davis is back :( Mon Megan 11
Facebook Causes Problems Mon justme 14

Perryville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance