JOE MARTIN AND THE CITY of perryville

Posted in the Perryville Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
aaaaaa

United States

#1 Jun 28, 2010
Joe Martin and the city of perryville sucks when it comes to yard sales. I think the have there ass some place
Lmao

Chicago, IL

#2 Jun 28, 2010
So it's joes fault he's following the city rules?
aaaaaa

United States

#3 Jun 28, 2010
Lmao wrote:
So it's joes fault he's following the city rules?
DON"T tell me that because he is not
CHEVYMAN

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Jun 28, 2010
It must suck to be poor white trash.If you dont understand why the city puts a limit on yard sales then you are trash.Get a life!
Citizen

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Jun 28, 2010
Joe Martin is doing his job! If you have a problem with the city ordinance regarding yard sales, that everyone else has to abide by. Then why don't you show up and voice your complaint in person at a city council meeting. There are rules for a reason.
just wanna speak

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Jun 28, 2010
well what about getting fined when ur mowing the grass and the wind carries it into the street? thats a bit much!
Mother Nature

United States

#7 Jun 28, 2010
just wanna speak wrote:
well what about getting fined when ur mowing the grass and the wind carries it into the street? thats a bit much!
AGREED!
Like we are suppose to be able to control what direction the wind blows! That is stupid!

I am still awaiting for one of them to say something.
Local 102

United States

#8 Jun 28, 2010
I think its great the city is enforcing the building code. The appearance of our city is very important when it comes to attracting business, industry and new residents. People like to live and work in attractive surroundings.
CHEVYMAN

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jun 28, 2010
I do not believe the city is giving fines out as soon as you mow.I mow 3 places in the city limits and have yet to be fined.Clean your crap up and quit complaining.
hmmm

Perryville, MO

#10 Jun 28, 2010
I have to agree with the grass clipping but when its leaf pick up time they tell you to pile them in the street ! That to me would clog the storm drains more than grass clipping. I also have a problem with being told I couldnt have a sign in my yard for my kid's Taekwondo class. The city ordinance says it doesnt allow advertising in non commercial areas. What are realty signs or election campaign signs ? To me they are a form of advertising !
let meeee

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Jun 28, 2010
I agree we need a person like Joe because it helps with the lazy people that sleep till all ours of the afternoon then when they get out of bed they complain its to hot or their to busy watching their soaps and drinking there BIG GULPS. and dont work they are just pure ole lazy in my book me and my husb. work 40+ hrs a week and we some how find the time to keep our yrds nice and its not fair to the person who tries when the one next door doesnt care. id you dont want to mow or keep house move into and apartment complex where it is DONE FOR YOU lazy ass.
let meeee

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Jun 28, 2010
GOOOOOOOO JOEEEEEE YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB SHOULD HAVE BEEN AT THIS JOB YRSSS. AGO

United States

#13 Jun 28, 2010
CHEVYMAN wrote:
It must suck to be poor white trash.If you dont understand why the city puts a limit on yard sales then you are trash.Get a life!
just because u have yard sales dont make u trash
mam

Perryville, MO

#14 Jun 28, 2010
let meeee wrote:
I agree we need a person like Joe because it helps with the lazy people that sleep till all ours of the afternoon then when they get out of bed they complain its to hot or their to busy watching their soaps and drinking there BIG GULPS. and dont work they are just pure ole lazy in my book me and my husb. work 40+ hrs a week and we some how find the time to keep our yrds nice and its not fair to the person who tries when the one next door doesnt care. id you dont want to mow or keep house move into and apartment complex where it is DONE FOR YOU lazy ass.
i agree with u.i live in a apartment complex and they mow r grass wich is great but we also do cleaning out in the yard and the parking lot when the dumpster guy comes some trash falls out we me and my husband clean it up i hate when your neighbors dont care what the outside looks like.so i agree totaly with u.
windsor

United States

#15 Jun 28, 2010
I have to say that I believe if it is your home, you own it, then you should be able to keep it how you see fit. I keep my yard nice, love to work outside, but that's just me.... I would not appreciate some neighbor or law enforcement telling me how I should keep something I own...
Well

United States

#16 Jun 29, 2010
People that own nice things should keep it that way. If you are renting something nice you should leave it in better condition than what you got it in. Yes I agree Joe you are doing a fantastic job! Don't let these people get to you! As for grass clippings our tax money I am sure is what maintains the drains. Do you want higher taxes assessed to keep the drains maintained even though taxes continually rise? I mean come on people get it together and quit whining and moaning. You should learn to appreciate the things he's doing to enjoy a CLEANER city!!!! To the people that don't clean up after yourselves..... How can you live in such filthy conditions??? I know there are people that live that way. You really enjoy coming home to filth after work? It's not hard to maintain something if you PROPERLY keep it maintained. Some people lack common sense in life and need direction. That's why there are people that are out there helping our community like Joe. Get off his back and he will get off yours.
dude

United States

#17 Jun 29, 2010
Why don't they shut down the hoarder on Spring Street ? That lady goes to all the yard sales and thrift shops and brings it back home and has sales all the time . She is always one of the first ones at the yard sale and piles it up and then tells the people to hold it while she goes to the bank for money to pay for it . The yard sale people call her the hoarder .There is also one out on T Road that is set up like a business .
Gi joe

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Jun 29, 2010
I think you are doing a good job. The city is not used to someone who cracks the whip and get the job done. Triller was a nice guy, but that was it. It will have to take time before they understand. Also, why would one blow the grass clippings out in the street anyway. They work hard to cut the grass to make it look good, then the clippings on the street in front of thier house... Hello Moron!! And for the ones who thinks the city shouldnt tell you what you can do on your property, then move into a gated community, duh... I like my house and yard, do I want my neighbors yard to look like crap and filled with junk? NO! So I thank Joe and the city for cracking the whip and cleaning up this town. Born and raised here and proud of Perryville.
windsor

United States

#19 Jun 29, 2010
Gi joe wrote:
I think you are doing a good job. The city is not used to someone who cracks the whip and get the job done. Triller was a nice guy, but that was it. It will have to take time before they understand. Also, why would one blow the grass clippings out in the street anyway. They work hard to cut the grass to make it look good, then the clippings on the street in front of thier house... Hello Moron!! And for the ones who thinks the city shouldnt tell you what you can do on your property, then move into a gated community, duh... I like my house and yard, do I want my neighbors yard to look like crap and filled with junk? NO! So I thank Joe and the city for cracking the whip and cleaning up this town. Born and raised here and proud of Perryville.
Joe I think you missed my point. I'm not saying that this gentleman is not doing a good job, what I am saying is that I own my home, it is not your place or anyone elses to tell me how to keep MY HOME...I do keep it nice, that is what I choose, my neighbor didn't tell me to. If my neighbor chose not to keep their yard neat, that would be their buisness. I might not like it but it it their yard. People need to learn to respect others and to mind their own buisness...Maybe the people who have yardsales all the time need the money? Maybe someones yard looks terrible to you but to them its looks good.. why should it be your decision on how someone keeps their own home.
concerned

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Jun 29, 2010
Joe Martine is doing his job, leave him alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Perryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the crows nest 2 hr Guest 4
married men in Perryville 5 hr Blue Sky 9
Triple Negative Thread: 8 hr ArseCynic 23
News Bank Star of the BootHeel sold Jul 25 Abi 12
More federal aid.....really??? Jul 25 Abi 19
Poll Top reasons to hate TripleNegative: Jul 24 guest 95
digging a hole (Jul '14) Jul 24 Sam 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Perryville Mortgages