Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Judged:

I'll start this, in response to a suggestion on another thread, we would like to use this thread to post Random Acts of Kindness that you have either experienced or witnessed...
Please post often and keep it high in the listing of active threads. We invite, actually we encourage everyone to post.
Random acts of kindness are seldom anything big, or generally even newsworthy. They are the little everyday things that brighten our day, a young person helping an older one load groceries into their car, the lunch tab picked up by someone who doesn't even know you, The young man who stopped to help the lady who tripped and fell on the street.
This could be fun, and once in a while, for all the serious things we talk about here, everyone needs some fun.

“Got Logic?”

Since: Nov 08

Perryville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

I'm commenting to move this back up to the top of the list. That's my random act of kindness.
smart_chick

Perryville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

i was in line at walmart and there was a lady checking out it looked like she was mostly using coupons and she dident have enough money she was $8 over for the stuff so she started telling the cashier the stuff she didn't need then the guy behind her gave the cashier a $20 and told him to give the change to her. It was so sweet and kind i think the lady started crying when she was thanking him.
Appliance guy

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

I use to work for a used appliance store and we delivered a used refrigerator to a lady that said she saved for two months and was without a refrigerator. She handed the owner a wad of ones and a can of change. We delivered it with the money in the refrigerator and was told the use $200.00 to buy the family groceries. We delivered the refrigerator with the money in it and loaded the groceries in the refrigerator. We told her we were all done and we left. My boss was a great guy. He told us to do good things for people and you will go far, and never let your right hand know what the left hand is doing. He is dead now but their should be more people like him.

“Got Logic?”

Perryville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

My dad sometimes stops when he sees a turtle in the road and moves it out of the road.
mike

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

BrickInTheWall82 wrote:
My dad sometimes stops when he sees a turtle in the road and moves it out of the road.
lol my wife and I do the same thing
humbled

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

It is humbling to hear great stories like these among all of the crazy terrible stories of today. Keep it up everyone:-)
asdfdfdfdfdfdfdf

Collinsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

BrickInTheWall82 wrote:
Depending on tires he has on his ride it might also be a smart thing to do. After spending $300 per tire cause the wife ran over something that went through the sidewall, i will be watching more often now.

“Got Logic?”

Perryville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

asdfdfdfdfdfdfdf wrote:
<quoted text>
Depending on tires he has on his ride it might also be a smart thing to do. After spending $300 per tire cause the wife ran over something that went through the sidewall, i will be watching more often now.
Not a bad idea.

“Got Logic?”

Perryville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Judged:

I know this is off topic, but I remember the time we found a small gator snapper. Those are the meanest creatures in the county. This guy at the lake was messing with it and almost got his nose bitten off. Evil turtles. Lol
So Random

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Judged:

My random act is one that a lot of people do. I only helped an older gentleman unload his groceries into his car on a very windy day at Walmart, none the less it was a RANDOM act of kindness or so I'm told... wonder what other's have done or witnessed, I'm love to hear their stories. Here's one of my favorites... My pastor was asking his congregation to do this exact thing, random acts of kindness. So when his wife started her acts she started at the beauty shop where she has her hair done. Our "Mrs.Pastor" thought it would be nice to pay for the next in line lady's hair cut, or a portion of it by giving some money to the cashier ($20.00) and ask that the recipient to do the same to keep this act moving along. As it turned out, the recipient was another pastor's wife!!! We were told that this act went on for several weeks! LOL, imagine both their surprises when both "Mrs. Pastors" put this together... for once two completely different religions had no quarrel and decided to keep this going. Mind you that she didn't find out who was the recipient of her random act until she went in the shop again some weeks later. I love this story because it's true randomness at it's best. Maybe getting your hair done isn't a must have but the kindness of another just thinking beyond themselves is very contagious and heartwarming on any level.
Peace

Saint Robert, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Judged:

So Random wrote:
My random act is one that a lot of people do. I only helped an older gentleman unload his groceries into his car on a very windy day at Walmart, none the less it was a RANDOM act of kindness or so I'm told... wonder what other's have done or witnessed, I'm love to hear their stories. Here's one of my favorites... My pastor was asking his congregation to do this exact thing, random acts of kindness. So when his wife started her acts she started at the beauty shop where she has her hair done. Our "Mrs.Pastor" thought it would be nice to pay for the next in line lady's hair cut, or a portion of it by giving some money to the cashier ($20.00) and ask that the recipient to do the same to keep this act moving along. As it turned out, the recipient was another pastor's wife!!! We were told that this act went on for several weeks! LOL, imagine both their surprises when both "Mrs. Pastors" put this together... for once two completely different religions had no quarrel and decided to keep this going. Mind you that she didn't find out who was the recipient of her random act until she went in the shop again some weeks later. I love this story because it's true randomness at it's best. Maybe getting your hair done isn't a must have but the kindness of another just thinking beyond themselves is very contagious and heartwarming on any level.
I love this!<3
Kind acts

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Judged:

I love hearing these stories. I know there are more out there. Lets see how far this goes. I believe there is good in everyone. A little love can melt the hardest of hearts. I for one am trying to repay anger and kindness. Too much bad in the world lets show everyone our good side.
Big impact

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

Judged:

I was stranded on the side of the road in Nebraska one time and a man asked if we needed help I told him I ran out of gas. He drove the 15 or 20 miles back to town filled a gas can and told us to go back and drop off the can and get gas. I tried to pay him and he wouldn't take it and told me to pay it forward. When I got to the gas station, I filled up and dropped of the can. When I went to pay, the attendant said "no charge, the man with the gas can told me to charge it to his account". I also found out the gas can was his. It was his way of getting people to stop at that gas station so he could pay for the gas. The attendant said he does this all the time because someone helped him. I always pull over to help someone because of this mans help. Sometime little things have big impacts.
Pay it forward

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

I was at a restaurant in cape and couldn't help over hear a lady crying on the phone to a manager over leaving her wallet at their store. The store didn't have it. Then she called her husband saying she was stranded in cape bc she's almost out of gas and can't pay to get home. My friend and I gave our server money to give to the lady for gas. She came over to us crying saying god sent us to her and begged us for our address to pay us back. Made me get tears n my eyes but of course we didn't give her our address. Just asked her to pay it forward!
xxx

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

Judged:

I saw something today not as big as other things listed but still nice to see. I was eatinglunch today and noticed a older lady geting ready to sit down at a table. She had some thingsd in her hands. So she couldnot pull the chair out. Then a young man in military fatigs I think he was with the national guard. Stoped what he was doing to pull the chair out and help her sit down. She did say thank you to him , he resonded with my pleasure mam.
lucy

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

Judged:

over the years as my children grew older and started questioning the reality of santa, i would share the story of how during the year that my sister's husband abandoned her and her four kids, and she had to find a job to try to make ends meet, she left work one day shortly before christmas only to find the back seat of her car crammed with fresh fruit, a large ham, canned food,plenty of other food as well as new christmas presents for her and all four children. she always had a hunch who stowed this random act of kindness upon her but never knew for sure...i've always told my kids that it was santa, because he does exsist for those of us who need him.
So Random aka KARMA

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

I can only say BRAVO to everyone... BRAVO!!! We all need more people just like ya'll right here... this absolutely proves that mankind as a whole is good... I wonder how many more wonderful stories there are to be told...
some kid

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

I picked a man up on the side of the road one day in the pouring rain h said he ran out of gas I took him to the gas station and back to his car and waited to make sure everything was ok a year and a half later he became my boss
Justin

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2012

BrickInTheWall82 wrote:
I'm commenting to move this back up to the top of the list. That's my random act of kindness.
me too. This needs to keep going!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of61
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Perryville Discussions

Search the Perryville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 27 min Obama Bitches 94,977
Derek Otte (Jan '11) 5 hr hmm 24
julie or whatever davis 7 hr anon 1
curious about G Moll 7 hr TripleNegative 8
hope your happy 7 hr TripleNegative 2
thats right trip 7 hr TripleNegative 2
rugby 13 hr scrumhalf9 1
•••

Flood Warning for Perry County was issued at July 09 at 9:50PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••